Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Easytiger Models Grumman Panther

I just started in on this nice little jet. Power will be a Jetcat P20, retracts will be Eflight. Question is, I do not want to deal with the wooden blocks to mount the servos. It's tight with the JR mini servos. Is there any good reason why I could not just glue the servos into place with BVM Aeropoxy? Has anyone actually done this?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Easytiger Models Grumman Panther

Tom Cook use to glue servos in place. But if they quit their hard to replace.
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Without Gravity, Your Lockout Jet becomes Space Junk.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use a low temp hot glue gun. You can get them at any dicount store and it works great. And if you want you can put shrink rap around the servo first that way is is easy to replace if some thing happens to the servo. You can get them out without the shrink rap but it is a little bit harder.
    F9, hunter hawker,F-22,yak55 30% DLE55,Extra260,300.sabre F86,bae hawk,Cessna 182. GoldWing extra300LM 30CC Velox20cc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Much better to wrap the servo with a couple of layers of masking tape and glue the tape to the wing. Just make sure that the surface does not flex as the servo is operated. If it is a bit flexible you can strengthen with a layer of carbon first before glueing the servos in place. If you ever want to remove the servos simply cut the tape. and peel the servo out.

John
    John Wright

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about some of the MKS thin wing servos, they come with a mounting frame accessory which takes up no thickness other than the servo itself (which is 8-9mm in depth I believe) - superb servos and used them on our P20 powered Stinger - see video....

marcs

[link]http://www.mks-servo.com.tw/photoindex.php?cid=36[/link]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcvV-tcyfg[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think someone started a build thread on this plane but the mods I think banned him for some reason so I guess that build thread wont be finished. Pitty as I would have like to follow that one