Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

why are F15 and F22 recomended as a good "first" scale jets to fly?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

why are F15 and F22 recomended as a good "first" scale jets to fly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RE: why are F15 and F22 recomended as a good

No problem mine is new to me just maiden last year was in box for 4 years I have the yellow to the only thing I do not lake in yellow is the tires so soft and the last only 4-5 use before flat spots make the jet jumping all over and the soft rudder ,all is super scale and the look is just lake the full scale.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like they say you learn something everyday. Looks I just did today.
But I must state that although some people set up there F-15 as a taileron as far as I know this is not scale but does do a good Job to keep the plane light.
I have kept my one with full operating surfaces but it is obviously heavy.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM
RCJetBazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-15, 16, 22 all have coordinated surfaces managed by the software including tailerons, so tailerons are scale, just not so by themselves.
Look at how this F-15E rolls at 0.21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO5fMOpoTnk

ORIGINAL: Justflying1

Like they say you learn something everyday. Looks I just did today.
But I must state that although some people set up there F-15 as a taileron as far as I know this is not scale but does do a good Job to keep the plane light.
I have kept my one with full operating surfaces but it is obviously heavy.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM
sysiek

Mine f-22 is set is taileron with mix with aileron so the work is a set of in a tail a have elevator-alieron and in mine wings just alieron is the best combination for f-22 ,I using the same mix in other jets to ,mine superscorpion,, this mix make the jet go super slick they the air with full control look on the full scale f-22 in fly all surfaces work is one big delta wing.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Yellow F22 also flies great and has great scale appearance.
It holds quite a bit of fuel and can be a little heavy At TO and landing , relatively if you don't plan accordingly.
The main wheels are scale in location and this requires a bit of speed to get the plane to rotate , all which occurs smoothly although I have never tried mine from grass. Landings require a little speed and I don't think I have ever been able to land mine as slowly or softly as the yellow or Avonds F15 that some of my friends fly.
It is a great plane though and perhaps this is just my experience. I have bee flying mine since 2008.

Good luck

Dave
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

My FEJ 1/9.5 F-15 had working ailerons and flaps and a light system with separate battery. It was not overly heavy and did not fly like it was. I used 10 degrees of flap for takeoff, and 40 degrees for landing. I was always able to slow mine down much slower on landing than my buddy who has a JL F-15 and doesn't use any flaps on landing...

Bob

ps. All modern supersonic fighters use all-flying horizontal stabilizers (i.e., stabilators) to avoid mach tuck (loss of pitch control because of the shock waves on the stabilizer). Making them work differentially as tailerons is an easy way to improve roll performance...
Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 AM
rcfun2005

ORIGINAL: sysiek

I have f-15 ,f-22 ,Rafale ,Gripen,Eurofighter and the best is the Eurofighter scale sport stress free on landings and slow fly so if you looking for the best scale jet don't buy other think than Eurofighter from carf .

"Eurosport from Carf" vs F-15 ... for those that have flown both ... for takeoff and landings ... are these about the same for difficulity ?

??
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

"Eurosport from Carf" vs F-15 ... for those that have flown both ... for takeoff and landings ... are these about the same for difficulity ?
I have flown both but have flown the EuroSport more.
The EuroSport has much better ground handling and seemed a little easier to land than my F-15.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Mike06659

Side note: Any F-15's out there that can fly on a Jetcat P-70?
Thanks Mike
Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 PM
sysiek

Yes just look on the new E f-15 from Skymaster I just got one and converted to turbine power I using funsonic 70 ,and pipe from 1/9 Rafale the pipe is wilder in the back over all works good.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Mike06659

Awesome!! Have you flown it yet?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:28 PM
sysiek

One time maiden and now I conceding mine retracts brakes gear does to all electric.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:05 PM
TTRotary

I was going to ask specifically about the Skymaster F-15 as a lighter turbine setup. Can anyone comment on how it builds, flies and handles on the ground? Skymaster's website makes it look like any easy plane to handle, but I'm a bit leery of that claim as an expert pilot can make all of them look easy.

Do you guys think I could make the transition directly to one of these from .60-120 warbirds and fast foamy EDFs? Or should I first get and build a challenging EDF like a 90mm viperjet or such?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: TTRotary

I was going to ask specifically about the Skymaster F-15 as a lighter turbine setup. Can anyone comment on how it builds, flies and handles on the ground? Skymaster's website makes it look like any easy plane to handle, but I'm a bit leery of that claim as an expert pilot can make all of them look easy.

Do you guys think I could make the transition directly to one of these from .60-120 warbirds and fast foamy EDFs? Or should I first get and build a challenging EDF like a 90mm viperjet or such?
Flying jets is all about the landing. Flying .60-1.20 sized warbirds will teach you more about that than an EDF will. If you can fly a heavy warbird with retracts and flaps and nail the landings all the time, then you are most likely ready for jets...

Bob
Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
TTRotary

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

ORIGINAL: TTRotary

Flying jets is all about the landing. Flying .60-1.20 sized warbirds will teach you more about that than an EDF will. If you can fly a heavy warbird with retracts and flaps and nail the landings all the time, then you are most likely ready for jets...

Bob
Thx, that's what I figured. I'm not at an "all the time" level of consistency yet, but I'm getting much better.