Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New FEJ Vampire T11

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New FEJ Vampire T11

Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New FEJ Vampire T11

not yet. Soon I am sure, But remember if we do get them, they are the test flights of the very first example to be produced. It will be some time before a fully finished and set up model is ready to be videoed. My thoughts are that Videos, and to some degree photos should be left till a time when the model is fully ready. I dont think its right to get an impression of a model based on a prototype.... But maybe thats just me?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 AM
chrigui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Ali ... right... ! i hope to see the video very soon..

engine? 120 - 140 -?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Ali

Yep, I think a 120 will be enough. 140 perfect ! P-80 for scale. I think I might try a P-80 just for fun...I always wanted a jet like this but with scale type power. I guess even a P-80 gives it more power to weight than the full size had??? P-60 is probably more accurate I guess [&:]
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Ali

I guess you will want one unpainted, or just silver Christian? I would love to see one of these after you have decorated it and weathered it.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
chrigui

silver / aluminium to paint in non standard scheme... but T11 was not in italian service []
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 AM
chrigui

the roundel on the wings it's correct?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Ali

Beat you to it Christian.... Below is an email sent to James at 12.34 this afternoon !

Hi James

Thankyou for speaking to the factory. I know these may only seem like small things, but taking care of them will have a big impact on the overall model. I also think that it is good for the public to see the factory being open to feedback and acting on it. I spend allot of time speaking and flying with the customers, and the most common negative that I hear from them when it comes to feedback on any factory is when they do not change things which they are told they are wrong. I think FEJ can be the first to act on this feedback and make it public then it will be a very good advertising feature.
I have some more changes that I spotted on the Vampire.. Main one is the roundel on the wing. The factory have the blue and the red the wrong sizes. This is important as many people will see it is wrong ( See photos )

Also the inside of the gear doors needs to be silver

Did the Vampire fly yet? How did it go?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Ali

Oh, and here is a mail that I received yesterday, which was in response to a few other issues that I saw from the photos that were sent from the factory..

Hi Ali:

OK, thanks again for these points.

1. gear to be unpainted white. Keep silver-no problem
2. nose gear angle should be lower, not straight too high.no problem.
3. little triangle detail part should be closer.-no problem.
4. nose gear too thin, better to re-design a new nose gear. I just discussed with company on the point. Company decided to make a new nose gear to be more scale like what you suggested.

James

Thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Ali

I know FEJ are not aiming for a high end scale jet that excels at competition scale events. However. I am hoping that small changes such as this will help improve the product step by step. More importantly for me, has been the way in which the factory have responded so far. I was expecting at least one or two points in my list to be ignored or rejected as too much effort for too little gain. But the fact they acknowledged them all and are willing to act is a great start.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 AM
chrigui

the power of ALI.. fast mail reply

well done ali!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Ali

No well done yet... lets see the finished article. Then the well dome goes to James and the factory. It is easy for me sat on my ***** finding faults. Its those guys that have to make the changes!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Ali

Email just received in my in box less than 5 mins ago from James..

Hi Ali:

Vampire has been flown 3 times. It flew good with 160N size engine, but nose gear collapsed when last landing. no damage at all. (nose gear hit inside somewhere to cause not extended completely with gear down while using rudder)
They will test fly more again.

Also, company is working on a new nose gear too. (inside doors will be silver as I saw photos too)
Roundel (red and white and blue) should be with right size to each other-I got your point.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM
chrigui

160N fly like a rocket

one elev servo?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
fifou313

Hello all.
Can we hope little modification on the plane to have a sea venom like on this pics? specially the rear of the fuse, the wing tip and the wheel cover on the top of the wing?

About the cockpit can we hope to have a quite scale cockpit (not a chinese basic cockpit) like this (simplier of course)?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
Fifou
Old 12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Ali

Fifou.
As I said before, I dont think FEJ are ever aiming to achieve the super scale look when it comes to their jets. More of a sport scale look than anything. I could be wrong, but this is just my thoughts.
Regards Al
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
chrigui

the venom have different wings...
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
chrigui

ORIGINAL: chrigui

the venom have different wings... tails.. and other parts
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Altered1

There is something about the Vampire that screams look at me !

I've been lucky enough to see one of these fly at an air show; low speed pass was awesome.

Here are a couple of pics I took at the RAAF Museum Pt Cook, Victoria, Australia of a Vampire (composite of 2 aircraft) that flew with the RAAF.

Here is the Vampire in the museum: http://www.airforce.gov.au/raafmuseum/exhibitions/train_hang.htm#vampire

Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: fifou313

Hello all.
Can we hope little modification on the plane to have a sea venom like on this pics? specially the rear of the fuse, the wing tip and the wheel cover on the top of the wing?
About the cockpit can we hope to have a quite scale cockpit (not a chinese basic cockpit) like this (simplier of course)?
Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
Fifou

Get a Venom here:
http://www.grumania.com/xtcommerce/J...-Venom::4.html
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
fifou313

Hello Sonnich.
thanks for the link. I know the grumania sea venom but I want a bigger plane.
Regards.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
bobg

you definately dont want a grumania one ,loads of things wrong in that kit !!!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Ayrtonsenna
My Feedback: (1)

Morning guys, FEJ have posted a video of the Vampire flying : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7wY5Ceb2fM
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
grumania

Thank you for the kind words Mr. "bobg"

If I only had you here in the shop to help me making better kits

Hahahahahahahah

Ilja
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM
bobg

Ilja ,

am speaking from personal experience ,as you well know !!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Ali

On another note...
I managed to get a few flight in on the Vampire T.11 from FEJ at Florida jets. Firstly I was really taken aback by how big the model is. I know this sounds daft, as we have all seen it in the photos. However. When I actually got to see the model in real life in the FEJ tent it was super impressive. I guess its as much the physical area of it rather than just the wing span that makes it have so much presence.
I must have sent 8 - 10 emails back and forth to the factory on just the subject of the Orange colour alone. I think at one point I said " if you cant get the Orange the right colour/ shade then lest pick another scheme" So it was with some trepidation that I saw it with my own eyes for the first time. Once again photos really do not do it justice. It is hands down thee most vivid, striking, eye catching scheme I have ever seen on a model. In the air it seems to glow. 10/10 Fej.
Onto the flying..
As often happens. The test flight conditions were not ideal. We had had a real run of bad luck, with two flame outs back to back of FEJ planes, so I was a tad anxious when it came to the Vampire. Sure enough on the first roll out we had a small fire and flame out just as we were speeding up to rotate. A little bit later and we would have been in trouble. As it turned out the open nose gear door was letting loose grass cuttings into the fuselage which were clogging the fod guard and suffocating the turbine. Ken and james worked hard to make it so that would not happen again and we were ready to fly again. The set up was less than ideal ( I really need to take a trip out to the factory and teach the guys about correct servo/ linkage and radio set up) Despite this the model flew like an absolute charm. I had a feeling it might be nice, but, but no idea it would be this good! Even from the grass it took off at exactly half power ( no more ) It tracked well, smooth and felt feather light on the sticks. I reckon a 120 -140 will be idea for this, and honestly reckon a P-80 will fly it from a hard surface. When you see the size of this model for real you will see how much of a shocker that is!
The Gear door attachment points need some work as they are too close to the hinge line, and it has the familiar fidget in yaw ( Tiny fins) that could do with a basic gyro to sort out. Despite this, the plane flew and presented really, really well. I think all those that saw it agreed that its a winner. At last a big scale jet that rally is as easy as a boomerang to fly and operate.
I love the way it packs down as well. The booms splitting where they do really reduce the area needed to transport/ store this big bird.
I am afraid I took no photos of the model at all. I know James took a video or two, which I am sure he will post up here. Please bare in mind that the model was brand new, it was pretty bumpy and not set up how I would like [&:] I look forward to getting my own example dialled in and flying to its max potential.

Regards Al

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.