Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

16 week wait

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

16 week wait

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 16 week wait

I am in the same boat. Around that 6-8 week mark that I was told...no deilvery date sent yet from SM for my Hawk.

This was a calculated risk ordering my first SM jet. BVM though, has already sent me all of my upgrade components which I have started on in the meantime.

Dave
Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dubd,

I'm with you in principle. If I'm quoted 8-10 weeks, and I'm ok with that then it's fine. If that turns into 20 weeks (which seems to be as common as not), then it's not ok. I don't think it's realistic that these guys will have tons of these things lying around, but up to this point, I've ONLY been a 'pull the trigger on something shippable' guy.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Paying top price and waiting so long is ridiculous. If a jet takes 16 weeks to get to me, chances are I will grow tired of it in 16 weeks or less.

I personally have modified my preferences to allow me to buy whatever I find in the classifieds, and chances are you get a big discount too and it has been filtered out of defects. Not so long ago there was a UB with a P200 or so with minor scratches for $10K (for example).

Screw the 16 weeks, much less for a Hawk, they're like a dime a dozen these days.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

This nothing I send mine turbine to Erick jetcentral after Kentucky jets and not a sine of mine turbine I call Erick and nothing the only think I know hi recive the turbine and send to Mexico .
Old 12-15-2012, 01:34 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Well people can complain about it but i dont think there is anything that can be done. People say well just dont buy from them, well when they have the market your stuck with dealing with it.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:36 PM
molo_30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know one of the chinese manufacturers, builds a new model of a jet, posts a video of it flying (just) then takes orders for it. The customer ends up doing the r&d for them whilst paying for the privilege.

I remember ordering from them a F16 1/5.5 and they took 6 months to deliver it and when it arrived it had been pierced by a piece of steel or something. It finally died from elevator flutter on its 3rd flight.

I was told that they would replace the airframe if he said it ' was to make a video of it flying for them' not say it had anything to do with flutter. [&:]
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get a kick on guys who buy arfs then complain about how long it takes to get them.lmao The realy funny part is after waiting for very long time for them the brown truck drivers do a mexican hat dance on the boxes before dropping them off. joe
Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Paying top price and waiting so long is ridiculous. If a jet takes 16 weeks to get to me, chances are I will grow tired of it in 16 weeks or less.

I personally have modified my preferences to allow me to buy whatever I find in the classifieds, and chances are you get a big discount too and it has been filtered out of defects. Not so long ago there was a UB with a P200 or so with minor scratches for $10K (for example).

Screw the 16 weeks, much less for a Hawk, they're like a dime a dozen these days.
I couldn't agree more. However, most of the people I know personally are getting their jets from these manufacturers (myself included) in about 8-10 weeks. I suspect the people who get their planes in the quoted time don't post about it, yet the ones who do not will post about it. And some people will find something to complain about regardless.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Paid for three ARF jets from a "major" jet supplier and was told, "6 to 8 weeks and they'll be at your doorstep to finish up before the flying season starts!"

Needless to say 4 months, Chinese New Year, and every other excuse later I had to pull the plug.........just couldn't believe their rep any longer.

I had to originally pay by Paypal and of course had gone past their standard '45 days' to make a claim time frame...

But I paid the Paypal bill with my CC so immediately called them and they reversed all the charges....

Paypal of course protested, asking why I didn't give them a chance to make things right...

"Because I've waited so long for the product that there's no longer time for me to get them ready for this season."

6 to 8 weeks....no more

If they insist then only a partial payment (less then 1/2) up front
Old 12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't see why the kit manufacturing companies in china don't make some of their most popular sellers unpainted and list them on rcu with a 2 or 3 week wait time for painting. I bet they would sell very quickly.
Vin...
Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Vincent

I don't see why the kit manufacturing companies in china don't make some of their most popular sellers unpainted and list them on rcu with a 2 or 3 week wait time for painting. I bet they would sell very quickly.
Vin...
Interesting idea.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Wow, this thread got busy! I have no problem with waiting, I do have a problem with having to pay full price up front and then waiting longer than expected. But If I knew this would happen I would still have done it, as i have no problem with waiting for the manufacturer to make my kit up on demand to my specs. It's like picking a restaurant that has a long line, the wait is annoying but you just know it's going to be worth it! They must be doing something right to have this kind of power over us
Old 12-15-2012, 04:54 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered a bandit last week!!! Got it yesterday. I'm impatient also, but I told my self because of this, for now, im only flying stuff I know I can get parts for right away just in case. I would go nuts if I ordered a plane, waited 8-10 weeks and got it damaged. Ooooh just thinking of that makes me cringe!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

I cancelled a order for this very reason....Never Again will I wait 8-10 weeks. It shouldn't be hard to have unpainted models ready.

I shop the classified now.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM
mylamo
My Feedback: (1)

I'll wait for an ARF after they pry my Dremel
from my cold dead hands.
Ralph
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
dubd

Vin...
I've often wondered the same.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Well.. This will be interesting just ordered a FEJ F15 twin 1/7th scale on 12/13. Even though I probly not gonna have it ready till mid summer or early fall. I am betting +/- Feb 28th any takers?
Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel that if you have to wait 16 weeks for the jet, they should wait 16 weeks for the payment.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Early April is probably closer, I own three of their jets to include the one u ordered
ORIGINAL: Zagzoo

Well.. This will be interesting just ordered a FEJ F15 twin 1/7th scale on 12/13. Even though I probly not gonna have it ready till mid summer or early fall. I am betting +/- Feb 28th any takers?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Vin...

I have posed this same question before.. I was interested in ordering a Mig 21 from one Chinese manufacturer, but I didn't want it painted.. They said they would have to "look into" seeing if they could sell it like that and how much of a discount they could offer for it un-painted... over-all, it came to $100 off and it would take LONGER (12 to 16 weeks) to get than a painted one b/c it would "throw the production line off"

Then I asked the same exact question to a different Chinese manufacturer about a Viper jet.. exact same question and apparently they had a bare white one "in-stock". Discount.. None, it was actually $200 more than a painted version b/c it was a "special order" and would "throw the production line off" and would take 2 to 3 weeks to be shipped due to other commitments.

Really.. Less work, basically the same price and longer deliver times b/c its "special order". That pretty much made up my mind to either build it myself or Buy from somewhere (or someone) not located in china.

In the end I just ordered a new eurosport from C-arf as it was in stock and could be delivered to my door in 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: joebahl

I get a kick on guys who buy arfs then complain about how long it takes to get them.lmao The realy funny part is after waiting for very long time for them the brown truck drivers do a mexican hat dance on the boxes before dropping them off. joe
Why is that something you get a "kick" out of? Do you also get a kick out of customers in other markets who don't recieve their goods within the promised time frame, or is your derision reserved only for your fellow hobbyists ?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 AM
corndog2
Banned

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Vin...

I have posed this same question before.. I was interested in ordering a Mig 21 from one Chinese manufacturer, but I didn't want it painted.. They said they would have to "look into" seeing if they could sell it like that and how much of a discount they could offer for it un-painted... over-all, it came to $100 off and it would take LONGER (12 to 16 weeks) to get than a painted one b/c it would "throw the production line off"

Then I asked the same exact question to a different Chinese manufacturer about a Viper jet.. exact same question and apparently they had a bare white one "in-stock". Discount.. None, it was actually $200 more than a painted version b/c it was a "special order" and would "throw the production line off" and would take 2 to 3 weeks to be shipped due to other commitments.

Really.. Less work, basically the same price and longer deliver times b/c its "special order". That pretty much made up my mind to either build it myself or Buy from somewhere (or someone) not located in china.

In the end I just ordered a new eurosport from C-arf as it was in stock and could be delivered to my door in 2 to 3 weeks.

I think this is probably because they are painted in the mould.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: corndog2

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Vin...

I have posed this same question before.. I was interested in ordering a Mig 21 from one Chinese manufacturer, but I didn't want it painted.. They said they would have to ''look into'' seeing if they could sell it like that and how much of a discount they could offer for it un-painted... over-all, it came to $100 off and it would take LONGER (12 to 16 weeks) to get than a painted one b/c it would ''throw the production line off''

Then I asked the same exact question to a different Chinese manufacturer about a Viper jet.. exact same question and apparently they had a bare white one ''in-stock''. Discount.. None, it was actually $200 more than a painted version b/c it was a ''special order'' and would ''throw the production line off'' and would take 2 to 3 weeks to be shipped due to other commitments.

Really.. Less work, basically the same price and longer deliver times b/c its ''special order''. That pretty much made up my mind to either build it myself or Buy from somewhere (or someone) not located in china.

I think this is probably because they are painted in the mould.

Carf are painted in the mold, yes.

The 2 companies i referred to above with the question above, were not painted in the mold. The one had the viperjet instock supposedly and just required it to be painted before shipping. I didnt want it painted, saving them time, saving them materials, but yet it cost more!?

Even if they were painted in the molds by the chinese manufacturer, me asking for a "blank white" or "primered only" version would save them a Significant amount of time and money on materials and possible reject of the finished parts. Much more so than a measly $100 discount from the one, and no reason at all for a $200 price increase because of it being a "special order".
If you think about it, since they dont keep a stock and build each model as they are ordered, they are all special ordered.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok...what if they offered some of their popular jets painted for sale on rcu ready to ship?? I still say these units would sell quickly as well as some non painted ones.
Vin...
Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 AM
agent adds

JUST A SAYING.........See my dad knows quite alot- but my grandad know everything.

And when I was 5 he thought me this...........patients is a virtue

I love ordering from MOTORS AND ROTORS-

Its all part of the purchase-how bad is it really?
Driving home to think-great its here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.