Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Down and Locked New Product

Hello, I just wanted to share this great new tool for use with electric D&L Gear. Sorry for the poor video but I was stuck using my Iphone.[:@]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJfxHJj6DKU
    Thanks, Jason
    I love it when my airplane is on fire...as long as the fire stays inside the engine!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Down and Locked New Product

Cool, i will definitely be using one of these

~V~
    www.facebook.com/allscale
    http://www.all-scale.com

- working model MFD & HUD, 3D design & printing, CNC, Laser-cutting
    - Professional-Building
    - Metal-Morph Plating
    - CARF-Models Dealer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One thing I would like is the ability to cycle the gear without the tx. It would be nice during set up and take down of the plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On my D&L gear you can simply plug the battery directly to the gear plug. Reverse direction obtained by reversing the plug polarity. Simple, easy, no extra device necessary.

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had my fingers crossed that this would be an announcement of new and compact electronic door rams. I tried the lado rams but they are stupid huge and just wouldn't work for anything but the largest aircraft.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

I had my fingers crossed that this would be an announcement of new and compact electronic door rams. I tried the lado rams but they are stupid huge and just wouldn't work for anything but the largest aircraft.
    Been there, done that

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would like too thank (757Driver Jason) for the posting of the video and address a few comments about the new Down and Locked set up switch. We also have some interesting news for 2013.

1)This switch has ampout control which means that you can continue to hold the direction buttons after the gear has completed it's cycle and no harm will be done to the retract actuator. As David Searles stated you can use a battery but you run the risk of burning up the actuators if you do not disconnect immediately once the gear has ended its cycle,this occurrence is one of the reasons the switch was developed.

2) you do not need your radio transmitter to safely operate the gear in a static or set up situation. The switch takes the place of the transmitter and the on board gear controller.

3) you can stop/start/or reverse direction at any point in the travel of the gear without having to connect/disconnect or reverse the polarity of the wires. This is very valuable when establishing the fit of strut fairings or door closures.

4) The comment about door actuators,we have a strong desire to manufacture door actuators and do have a new product coming out in early 2013 to address this for use in some airframes. However the current size of the motors required to perform these functions and threaded rams required to develop the same operation as that of an air cylinder ram can only be made so small to get them to the size of an average 3/8th diameter air cylinder is not currently possible. The door actuator that we have developed is not the solution to all airframes due to size but it will work in some,it will also be a great option on items such as dive brakes and canopy's. But until we can further reduce the size of the required components a good mini or standard servo operated by our door sequencer will continue to be the best option for a total electric system for some time to come. We are testing some new methods to achieve door operation in a smaller package but it will be another year or so before we have this perfected.

5) Down and Locked will have a complete new website up by or before January 1st 2013 allowing for secure check out of items and announcing a whole host of electronic devices specifically engineered for the R/C aviation market to include.

Secure flight distribution modules/ twin engine synchronization systems/ regulated power switches/ Ignition Battery Elimination Filters/ on board glow chargers/Battery regulators. Etc

Thousands of customers have come to trust and rely on the "Dependable American Made" operation of the Down and Locked conversion system and our highly respected customer service. Duplicating this same relentless dedication Down and Locked will constantly add new in house developed products at a pretty rapid pace after the opening of our new web based hobby outlet in January 2013 and will be increasing the products offered by other manufactures also as we continue to build on the success of the Down and Locked electric retract conversion system.

Please be sure to visit our web site or call us for the latest technology in electronic safety devices and flight controls to make flying safer and less expensive. You will be able to purchase these devices direct from us or a multitude of distributors most of which I am sure you already enjoy doing business with. Thanks again Mitch Stott
    Mitch Stott Co-owner Down And Locked
    www.downandlocked.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Down and Locked

I would like too thank (757Driver Jason) for the posting of the video and address a few comments about the new Down and Locked set up switch. We also have some interesting news for 2013.

1)This switch has ampout control which means that you can continue to hold the direction buttons after the gear has completed it's cycle and no harm will be done to the retract actuator. As David Searles stated you can use a battery but you run the risk of burning up the actuators if you do not disconnect immediately once the gear has ended its cycle,this occurrence is one of the reasons the switch was developed.

2) you do not need your radio transmitter to safely operate the gear in a static or set up situation. The switch takes the place of the transmitter and the on board gear controller.

3) you can stop/start/or reverse direction at any point in the travel of the gear without having to connect/disconnect or reverse the polarity of the wires. This is very valuable when establishing the fit of strut fairings or door closures.

4) The comment about door actuators,we have a strong desire to manufacture door actuators and do have a new product coming out in early 2013 to address this for use in some airframes. However the current size of the motors required to perform these functions and threaded rams required to develop the same operation as that of an air cylinder ram can only be made so small to get them to the size of an average 3/8th diameter air cylinder is not currently possible. The door actuator that we have developed is not the solution to all airframes due to size but it will work in some,it will also be a great option on items such as dive brakes and canopy's. But until we can further reduce the size of the required components a good mini or standard servo operated by our door sequencer will continue to be the best option for a total electric system for some time to come. We are testing some new methods to achieve door operation in a smaller package but it will be another year or so before we have this perfected.

5) Down and Locked will have a complete new website up by or before January 1st 2013 allowing for secure check out of items and announcing a whole host of electronic devices specifically engineered for the R/C aviation market to include.

Secure flight distribution modules/ twin engine synchronization systems/ regulated power switches/ Ignition Battery Elimination Filters/ on board glow chargers/Battery regulators. Etc

Thousands of customers have come to trust and rely on the ''Dependable American Made'' operation of the Down and Locked conversion system and our highly respected customer service. Duplicating this same relentless dedication Down and Locked will constantly add new in house developed products at a pretty rapid pace after the opening of our new web based hobby outlet in January 2013 and will be increasing the products offered by other manufactures also as we continue to build on the success of the Down and Locked electric retract conversion system.

Please be sure to visit our web site or call us for the latest technology in electronic safety devices and flight controls to make flying safer and less expensive. You will be able to purchase these devices direct from us or a multitude of distributors most of which I am sure you already enjoy doing business with. Thanks again Mitch Stott
    Mitch,

Thanks for the heads up! You never mentioned that to me! I was doing what you told me to do.[X(] No problems though, so far, the gear works GREAT on my F-100! I'll know to be careful about the end points in the future.

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi David,
    What are you using to drive the gear doors on your F-100?
    Thanks,
    Vin...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Hi David,
    What are you using to drive the gear doors on your F-100?
    Thanks,
    Vin...
    Hi Vin,

I'm using the Lado Actuators. The 30 mm fit the main doors perfectly! I had to adapt the nose door fitting a bit to get the 20mm actuator to fit.

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi David, I've started a f-100 and would love to see pics or build thread of yours of any good threads you might recommend.
    Mitch is converting the gear as well.
    Thanks, Jason
    I love it when my airplane is on fire...as long as the fire stays inside the engine!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Definitely I will get one of the down and locked new products
    Kingtech 140G 180G 2 JETCAT P-140RX P-180RX P-120-P-80
    FEJ F-15 E twin / FEJ F86/ skygate hawk / comp arf eurosp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

David if I didn't tell you to disconnect the battery when the retract reached it's travel limit you should kick me in the butt the first chance you have. LOL
    Mitch Stott Co-owner Down And Locked
    www.downandlocked.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Down and Locked

David if I didn't tell you to disconnect the battery when the retract reached it's travel limit you should kick me in the butt the first chance you have. LOL
    I'll hang on to that option as a "Get Out of Jail Free" card for the future! I'm sure I'll be able to use it at some point!

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just installed a set of Down & locked in my Xtreme Jet F-86, So smooth. I couldn't be happier.
    Dave
    JETS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks, Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wont a servo tester for $10 do almost the same thing ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NO
    Thanks, Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i use a servo tester and i only recycle my gear twice, them one of my gear motor burn , i will not recommend to no body to use them
    Kingtech 140G 180G 2 JETCAT P-140RX P-180RX P-120-P-80
    FEJ F-15 E twin / FEJ F86/ skygate hawk / comp arf eurosp