Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Countdown to world ending ...this Friday

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Countdown to world ending ...this Friday

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
STKNRUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Countdown to world ending ...this Friday

ORIGINAL: kevinthoele

One thing for sure, we know that that is the only day we know we are good to go. The bible states that no one will know the time. So go have a big day flying jets and celebrating the reason for the season. God Bless and have a great Christmas

I've been told that Texas is the Promised Land but I can't find it in my version of the Bible. I am thinking of moving there anyway. Maybe it's in the same zip code.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: STKNRUD

One thing for sure, we know that that is the only day we know we are good to go. The bible states that no one will know the time. So go have a big day flying jets and celebrating the reason for the season. God Bless and have a great Christmas

I've been told that Texas is the Promised Land but I can't find it in my version of the Bible. I am thinking of moving there anyway. Maybe it's in the same zip code.
God Bless Texas
Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Darn this is my weekend off, now I have to work up till the end! At least its also the first day of winter. Kind of happy I dont have to put up with another winter! Thursday night I am going to eat the whole box of Christmas candy my daughter bought me. I know next week will be busy with Christmas and all!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM
jetbro

It just stinks that the start of a 4 day weekend kicks off with the end of days...and ups is delivering a G30 gasser heli kit fri too...
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 AM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mother in law is in her bunker.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have one, but it sounds good.

I know some of you that are young enough to have one can relate.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 AM
bcovish

On the plus side of this, at least I won't have to take the garbage out anymore
Old 12-19-2012, 05:08 AM
ncsky

That is a great point!

God Bless and Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:14 AM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: zonker123

The Sky is FALLING!!! The Sky is FALLING!!!

Wait a minute!!!!!!

Its just Goose Dung!

Thats's CANADIAN Gosse dung sir!

Cheers!

PaulD
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM
ma_mulcahy

Friday night at midnight, I will be sitting with my Honey, enjoying a fine cigar and having a conversation with Johnnie Walker. What a way to go!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

I'm available to solve anybodies plane problems for the end of the world. Just send them to me.[8D]
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Good thing this is not a serious thread, 'cause I bet we would be trying to straighten some things out if the end was Friday! You think the rush at Walmart is bad at holiday time? As the old sayin' goes, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM
SpaceCowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Ok the media didn't read the fine print on this one. It Says " The world AS WE KNOW IT will end .."

So, tropical weather this winter in Ontario & snow in Florida. ;-) All you snowbirds can stay home now .

I heard that someone found more of the Mayan calendar going past 2012. I have not heard anymore about that on the regular media. Go figure. LOL

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year in 2013. :-)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
TBONE6

ORIGINAL: RC_MAN

Come to Canada, everything takes longer here. The world will end at least a week later.
Come to Ohio, where the world will end ten years later!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
zonker123

ORIGINAL: PaulD

ORIGINAL: zonker123

The Sky is FALLING!!! The Sky is FALLING!!!

Wait a minute!!!!!!

Its just Goose Dung!

Thats's CANADIAN Gosse dung sir!

Cheers!

PaulD

You are quite right. My bad, I just assumed that everyone would realize that any time dung falls on us there is something Canadian involved.

I'll make it up to you. I have a new Eurosport airframe to put my trusty Rhino in. I am busy till Friday. I will mail it to you today and if you will assemble it and have it back to me so I can get a flight on it before the world ends Friday, I will pay you a GAZILLION dollars US funds.

You can cash the check on Monday.

What a Deal!!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: bcovish
God Bless Texas
I'll be leaving Texas and witnessing the end of time on my way to Mexico from 30,000 feet, Should be a spectacular view!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok guys, here is the real deal. The world is not really coming to an end; it’s only going to look that way.

The Mayan calendar can go on for 10’s of millions of years, what is happening Friday is the end of the 13 century so to speak. It’s not really a century, since a century is a 100 years, and this Mayan thing is nearly 400 of our years, and they don’t call it a century, cause that’s an English word and this would be in Mayan and after all century means 100, not nearly 400, so they call it something else, but I digress.

Here is the real problem – all the banking institutions went to the Mayan calendar a long time ago since it is better arraigned, 20 day to a month, not that they call it a month, again that’s an English word and I am sure that the Mayan’s had their own Mayan word for it, and then there are 18 of these not really months but something like them in a year, which isn’t really a year since it is only 360 days, but apparently the Mayans where ok with this.

The root of the upcoming apocalypse is that all the Mayan calendars are being made in China today and they did not understand the whole changing of the century thing, which really isn’t a century as we have discussed earlier, so all the calendars are still showing the 13th what every you want to call it come Saturday. So come Monday (the Mayans had no concept of a weekend, so since the end comes on a Friday you still get the weekend) when all the banks start wiring money all over the place it’s going to go to all the wrong dates! All the money will appear to have disappeared, panic will ensue, all your investments will cease to exist, your bank account will vanish, you will have to sell your jets for pennies on the dollar, and your women will leave you!

YOU ARE DOOMED I TELL YOU, DOOMED MAH-HA-HA (mildly maniacal laughter)

However some of us have carefully gone about creating bank accounts at the old dates, where all the money will show up, and just to make sure that we don’t miss out on a good deal we invested in a Philippine start up that know how to make a proper 14th century Mayan calendar, not that it is really the 14 century by the Mayan calendar since they have a total different word for it that means something like almost 400 years but not quite. So once that the banks finally figure out what’s up they will have no choice but buy our Mayan calendar, which we shall get a pretty penny for. We shall reap the whirl wind of profits (which the government is going to tax the c&&p out of) from our carefully laid out plans, buy up your jets for pocket change and have our way with your women!

MAH–HA-HA-HA-HA (loud maniacal laughter)

MAH–HA-HA-HA-HA (receding maniacal laughter)

MAH–HA-HA-HA-HA (faint maniacal laughter approaching the exit from the room)

MAH–HA-HA DHO! Who moved the coffee table!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
topgun42usa
My Feedback: (142)

Hey Bob the candy yes ..but the fruit cake have eat in the next life lol...
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: S_Ellzey

Ok guys, here is the real deal. The world is not really coming to an end; it’s only going to look that way.

The Mayan calendar can go on for 10’s of millions of years, what is happening Friday is the end of the 13 century so to speak. It’s not really a century, since a century is a 100 years, and this Mayan thing is nearly 400 of our years, and they don’t call it a century, cause that’s an English word and this would be in Mayan and after all century means 100, not nearly 400, so they call it something else, but I digress.

Here is the real problem – all the banking institutions went to the Mayan calendar a long time ago since it is better arraigned, 20 day to a month, not that they call it a month, again that’s an English word and I am sure that the Mayan’s had their own Mayan word for it, and then there are 18 of these not really months but something like them in a year, which isn’t really a year since it is only 360 days, but apparently the Mayans where ok with this.

The root of the upcoming apocalypse is that all the Mayan calendars are being made in China today and they did not understand the whole changing of the century thing, which really isn’t a century as we have discussed earlier, so all the calendars are still showing the 13th what every you want to call it come Saturday. So come Monday (the Mayans had no concept of a weekend, so since the end comes on a Friday you still get the weekend) when all the banks start wiring money all over the place it’s going to go to all the wrong dates! All the money will appear to have disappeared, panic will ensue, all your investments will cease to exist, your bank account will vanish, you will have to sell your jets for pennies on the dollar, and your women will leave you!

However some of us have carefully gone about creating bank accounts at the old dates, where all the money will show up, and just to make sure that we don’t miss out on a good deal we invested in a Philippine start up that know how to make a proper 14th century Mayan calendar, not that it is really the 14 century by the Mayan calendar since they have a total different word for it that means something like almost 400 years but not quite. So once that the banks finally figure out what’s up they will have no choice but buy our Mayan calendar, which we shall get a pretty penny for. We shall reap the whirl wind of profits (which the government is going to tax the c&&p out of) from our carefully laid out plans, buy up your jets for pocket change and have our way with your women!

What'd he say
Did we waist our time tagging and vaccinating buffalo last weekend or not
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

After many years of detailed, engineering based thought processes, Steven has left the ranch and assumed a Dr. Evil persona. Nothing wrong with that, he'll make more money on the Mayan calendars, reselling the jets that were bought for pennies on the dollar, however, I suspect that he will run afoul of Dawn on the "having our way with your women" thing!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 PM
STKNRUD

ORIGINAL: S_Ellzey

[size=2]Did you by any chance write the JR-12x User Manual?.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
bcovish

Now that there is funny
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Jetdktr

quote: Did you by any chance write the JR-12x User Manual?.

He must have , I understand it completly?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

i not worry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23484.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1832062  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

oh my goodness a bunch of natives perdict the end of the world i am laughing so hard , talk to you guys on saturday that way we can all have a good laugh about the calander resetting not the world ending ha ha ha ha ha ha   the sky is falling the sky is falling   ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: vega406

i not worry
So here is a question: Why did the Mayans even bother with making a calendar? [X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.