Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

http://intairco.net/

Also have a few nice jet fittings but postage to the UK / USA etc may make them too expensive. .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about a "Tips & Tricks" book compilation of your scale and custom build techniques with lots of pics and explanations of how you go about creating some of the master pieces I've seen you constructing over the years. I'd buy it for sure!

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1. External AC generator that can be connect to the engine shaft fitted with an inverter/regulator to power up the RC system. Batteries would only be used for startup and backup. (Remember Genesys by Sullivan? Only required an engine spinning at 8000 RPM).

2. A fitting adapter at the compressor stage of the turbine connected to a pressure relief mechanical valve to provide constant air pressure to the air system. Even if you have a leak, your air system would still work.

3. A reasonable cost smokewinder system. Think a kero start type hot plug inside an AIM 120 body, big enough to generate the needed heat inside a hot chamber, with two lines fed in and routed inside the wing: one feeds fuel through a 4mm line to keep plug hot, the other is a 3mm that feeds in smoke fluid.

Not sure you can get it done this year, but it could keep you busy.

David
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Marc,

Any chance to see the spring loaded hinges idea materialize somehow? or maybe you have reasons to believe that it would not operate properly?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Dany

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Tips & Tricks" book compilation of your scale and custom build techniques
    David I am flattered, not sure my techniques are really that ground breaking! - a book from you would be more beneficial to the RC community.

External AC generator that can be connect to the engine shaft
    Falconwings the B300F has an internal converter but appreciate its not the ideal size turbine for everyone....

A reasonable cost smokewinder system
    Not a sidewinder but I am working with a colleague to develop a really intense smoke fluid that hopefully will deliver thick dense smoke at 40% less volume than current fluids - less smoke fluid more smoke for longer

Any chance to see the spring loaded hinges idea
    Dany its on the list for consideration, only issue with small items like this you need to make 1000's to really see a benefit and not sure there is that sort of demand - love to be proved wrong though.

Keep the ideas coming

marcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FalconWings
    2. A fitting adapter at the compressor stage of the turbine connected to a pressure relief mechanical valve to provide constant air pressure to the air system. Even if you have a leak, your air system would still work.
    A friend of mine who was an engineer on full-size jet engines actually did that to provide air for the wheel brakes but it never worked. The output from the compressor stage is well below the sort of psi our retracts and brakes typically work with.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know some turbine manufacturers have a pressure outlet (AMT?) which has been used to add positive pressure to fuel systems but also with the advent of electric gear and brakes I feel air has a limited role in RC jets/planes.

marcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any chance to see the spring loaded hinges idea
    Dany its on the list for consideration, only issue with small items like this you need to make 1000's to really see a benefit and not sure there is that sort of demand - love to be proved wrong though.

Keep the ideas coming

marcs
    [/quote]

Marc,

Appreciate your feedback and fully understand your concern. If it makes a difference, i would be willing to get 80/100 pcs for my little fleet...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HarryC

ORIGINAL: FalconWings
    A friend of mine who was an engineer on full-size jet engines actually did that to provide air for the wheel brakes but it never worked. The output from the compressor stage is well below the sort of psi our retracts and brakes typically work with.
    For brakes I could understand why. Under 70 psi you really don't do much. But if you can accumulate 30-35 psi during 6 minutes of flight time, it could be enough to lower the gear. Again, something lightweight as a backup.
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: marc s

A reasonable cost smokewinder system
    Not a sidewinder but I am working with a colleague to develop a really intense smoke fluid that hopefully will deliver thick dense smoke at 40% less volume than current fluids - less smoke fluid more smoke for longer

Keep the ideas coming

marcs
    Hey that's not bad, similar concept. To make a good smokewinder a highly concentrated smoke oil would be ideal, specially if less heat is needed to make half a decent trail.

You are onto something great!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about a small range of landing gear/trailing link struts (with compression rather than extension springs) to compliment the electric brakes/wheels for the many flyers on a budget these days?

Rob.
    UK distributor: Jets Munt Merlin 90, 140 & 160. Jet Central UK. FADEC ECU\'\'\'\'s UK

David I am flattered, not sure my techniques are really that ground breaking! .
    Thats the very first time I have seen you being wrong Marc
    Does the "request for new product ideas" also include electronic stuff (or just purely mechanical) ?
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carsten so what do you want then......

Electronics is fine too as long as its not very complex.

marcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Love the spring hinge idea, on any trike UC if not attached to the legs then each door would require at least two hinges, getting close to 10 hinges per airframe, most of us have at least two or three airframes that make about 30 for each of us plus some spares, would not take long to get the 1000 needed for manufacture.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.
    No matter what anyone say's 100% is the maximum you can get.
    If you see a deleted post, my Avatar say's it all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, the numbers could creep up but here are a few questions - are people going to replace existing hinges (not sure they would) and would a spring device that could be added to a door to do the job be an interesting option?

marcs

Carsten so what do you want then......

Electronics is fine too as long as its not very complex.

marcs
    I'll get back to you on that, have a couple of ideas (development is already done, just need someone to produce and sell it )
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just need someone to produce and sell it
    Look forward to the info

marcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would a spring device that could be added to a door to do the job be an interesting option?

marcs
    Absolute YES. The end result is what we would all be looking after!!

Regards,
    Dany

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Robrow

How about a small range of landing gear/trailing link struts (with compression rather than extension springs) to compliment the electric brakes/wheels for the many flyers on a budget these days?

Rob.
    Hi Rob check out spring air they do exactly what you are after regards Keith w

never did get those Rhino bits!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54779.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	1836440  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, the numbers could creep up but here are a few questions - are people going to replace existing hinges (not sure they would) and would a spring device that could be added to a door to do the job be an interesting option?

marcs
    Hmm a spring to add to an existing hinge would probably be even better, if only to help all those ailing rams and servo's out there.

Mike

EDIT: one suggestion how about a wrap around sleeve that allows us to position the air nipple where we want on retracts .

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Several systems for electric flight where remaining capacity can be seen on the ground so why not a telemetry based fuel level? or maybe onboard beacon indicating low level? With the fuel sloshing around in the tank would suspect you'd have to do it by analysing fuel flow rate into the engine to calculate what is left.
    Dom Mitchell (YouTube: Essential RC)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/essentialRC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Both already available, but the on board fuel system means cutting into your tank with the disadvantage's associated with making holes in a perfectly good tank, JetCat have a fuel flow/amount used on board, can't be too difficult to put a warning light or telemetry on this especially with the new wave of telemetry enabled Rx's available.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is an idea from a PM'd suggestion and wanted to see what you guys felt about it.

I always hate doing hinging and horns on any build (closely followed by the canopy!) so the suggestion was a neat simple and easy to use alignment jig to help builders make 100% sure horns are placed and glued exactly in the right place on the chosen control surface.

I envisage a fully adjustable jig which will adjusted and set for one surface and then used on the other to give 100% accuracy. It will keep horn(s) in place while they set at the correct angle and in the right place.

Any good?

marcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Love the spring hinge idea, on any trike UC if not attached to the legs then each door would require at least two hinges, getting close to 10 hinges per airframe, most of us have at least two or three airframes that make about 30 for each of us plus some spares, would not take long to get the 1000 needed for manufacture.

Mike
    Assembled spring loaded hinges would be nice, but really not that hard to make your own. Hadn't really looked at it, but I'm sure the concept could be applied to offset hinges as well.
    First pic is the hinge and the second pic shows it in application.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77090.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	1836641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh19448.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	1836642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch95271.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	1836643  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is an idea from a PM'd suggestion and wanted to see what you guys felt about it.

I always hate doing hinging and horns on any build (closely followed by the canopy!) so the suggestion was a neat simple and easy to use alignment jig to help builders make 100% sure horns are placed and glued exactly in the right place on the chosen control surface.

I envisage a fully adjustable jig which will adjusted and set for one surface and then used on the other to give 100% accuracy. It will keep horn(s) in place while they set at the correct angle and in the right place.

Any good?

marcs

That would be a welcome addition to my shop and while your at it how about a router and routing guide for the horns??
    Cincinnati Jet Club, Team Futaba, Esprit Models

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast