Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

When Sean mentioned the sonic hinges, I remembered I had a couple of those layin around. The sonics have a small footprint in relation to conventional offset hinges that most use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28614.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	1840618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32952.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1840619  
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Thanks country boy, yes those are the ones I've used. I agree they are better for smaller doors. When I've used them I've used one spring loaded hinge per door and one or two non-sprung hinges with it.

Until Marc comes up with a good larger sprung hinge here is a simple way to achieve the same with the standard type hinge we are familiar with. It uses a pce of music wire mounted into a hardwood block creating the spring.

Name:	Ki18155.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1840657  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is really a neat solution. Although I would still much rather buy them from Marc.

ORIGINAL: smchale

Thanks country boy, yes those are the ones I've used. I agree they are better for smaller doors. When I've used them I've used one spring loaded hinge per door and one or two non-sprung hinges with it.

Until Marc comes up with a good larger sprung hinge here is a simple way to achieve the same with the standard type hinge we are familiar with. It uses a pce of music wire mounted into a hardwood block creating the spring.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

have a decent set of fuz fuel vents been mentioned? I'd like some that I can easily plug that don't leak fuel all over the place, perhaps a screw in fitting with a big red remove before flight on? Maybe magnetic, I'd like them to be flush as well so they dont come off sliding things into fuz bags, cars etc...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are there any decal sheets for marking up servo connectors, electiral wiring or fuel tubing? A sheet full of small stickers LAIL LELEV ENG1 LFLP LLED RLED LBRK CH1 CH2 CHRG etc...

An easy task to do if not present :-)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM
jblloyd
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: Alex48

have a decent set of fuz fuel vents been mentioned? I'd like some that I can easily plug that don't leak fuel all over the place, perhaps a screw in fitting with a big red remove before flight on? Maybe magnetic, I'd like them to be flush as well so they dont come off sliding things into fuz bags, cars etc...
Check out this one from DreamworksRC:
http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/star...em-p-2491.html
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
corndog2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

Are there any decal sheets for marking up servo connectors, electiral wiring or fuel tubing? A sheet full of small stickers LAIL LELEV ENG1 LFLP LLED RLED LBRK CH1 CH2 CHRG etc...

An easy task to do if not present :-)

Hobby king sell heat shrink that is labelled up along its length so you just cut the one you need
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM
corndog2
Banned

ORIGINAL: jblloyd

ORIGINAL: Alex48

Check out this one from DreamworksRC:
http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/star...em-p-2491.html

Now that is very nice. I wonder if they are available in the uk
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henke I don't do a sticker sheet for labeling servo leads etc but did print a sticker sheet (you have to cut the labels out yourself as having a die made is very expensive) which has all sorts of labels for various jet labeling jobs - its printed on a silver base - see below

I will send you one with the brake unit which goes out to you tomorrow

I am happy to send these out to anyone who wants them, just cover my postage and jobs done..........

marcs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Us52697.pdf (92.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 AM
macmuz

Marc,

Can you explain how you put the text and color in your taxi tank 1500.
I'm very intrested in how you have done it.
Even your CAT look great.

Hope you can share your secrets and some pics too.

Thanks Mario..

Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM
marc s

Update time.....

OK the first 'prototype' of the new GBRJET TAXI-TANK (TT150) is complete and is about to be sent to Ali who is going to put it through field testing over the next few months to iron out any issues and give me feedback on the functions etc.

It is essentially a composite/ABS structure, the tank is 1500cc (hence called the '150') in capacity and manufactured from West resins, this is bonded with Hysol 9464 (dark grey version of Aeropoxy) to the CNC cut side frames which are made from 5mm ABS. The side frames incorporate a few features:

- location for carry handle
- inset magnets
- 3 x pipe clamps

The 'duo' pictured here has feeds for two fuselage vents, to cater for twin turbine jets, a single feed version will also be available.

Two main feeds are high flow brass barbs with a brass tube fitted internally which end close to the base of the tank, no filter is fitted internally.

The vent has a metal ring attached close to the end of the fitted Tygon, this allows the vent pipe to be 'hung' on the side of the TT150 to keep the opening above the fuel level and prevent unwanted spills. The metal ring is held to the side of the TT150 ABS side frame as a result of a magnet fitted inside the handle tube.

Incorporated in the ABS side frames are 3 pipe clamps, one on the vent pipe side and two on the opposite side, these allow the user to shut of the Tygon pipes simply when not in use to prevent fuel leaking or spilling from the unit.

Rubber bases are fitted to both the ABS side panels to prevent damage occuring to wing surfaces and they also double up as anti-slip feet.

Tygon pipe is pre-fitted to all the fittings, wired and then covered to protect the users form the twisted wire ends. No fittings are added to the main feeds as this is left to the user to add his preferred system/hardware.

The new MagLok vent system will also be able to be used on this product once it has been completed and fully tested.

If all the testing goes to plan I hope to be able to make these available in the summer.

If you are visiting one of the US based shows, or elsewhere where Ali is flying you should be able ask him to show you the TT150 and samples of the prototype MagLok vent products.

Appreciate the support and suggestions

marcs

Name:	Zw69490.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1852363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91524.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1852364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52581.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1852365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31275.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1852366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg54898.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1852367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of57940.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1852368  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

marc,

Nice product. I like the fact that you used heat shrink to cover the wire over the tubing at the fitting. I think offering a solution (bulkhead fitting) to connect the tubing to the model vent line would be nice too. And then have a way to attach the ends of the tubing from the taxi tank back to the taxi tank itself. I noticed you always get fuel on your hands when disconnecting the line from the model and I wish there was a cleaner way to disconnect the line without having to use a rag to wipe your hands with. Anyway I like the looks of your taxi tank. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 AM
marc s

The issue around fuel spillage from vent fittings is a tricky one, if you use one of the many one way valve products on the market the pressure used to open them can often be too large to be usable so the only real option is to use a fitting that seals once the connection it broken via a spring or similar. I have sourced a very nice fitting but cannot get it made with a Viton seal to make sure its suitable to use with fuels etc.

I am making a a vent and filler connection product currently which uses magnets to lock and secure the fitting to the vent on the jet belly, mainly to make the connection easy and simple so no messing with pushing pipes over tubes etc and then having to wrestle to get them off - hopefully the ease if removal will help prevent making a mess too as you simply need to lightly tug the pipe connected to the vent to remove - more later on these.

Regards the option to 'stow' the feeds this is already catered for, when in transit you wrap the Tygon around the front of the TT150, under the tank (there is room for them as the tank section is 10mm off the base line) round and over the back of the tank and then they can be passed through the triangular hole in front of the handle or clamped closed in the two slots provided to do this in the side panel. The Tygon lengths are cut to allow this to be done.

marcs
Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

That's one sexy taxi tank !!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Sparhawk

I like it! I see a lot of guys put tanks on the wings while the jet is transiting. What's on the bottom of this to prevent scratches, etc, if you place this unit on a wing?

Dan
Old 02-16-2013, 12:33 AM
marc s

Thanks Dr H

Dan two full length rubber strips.......

marcs
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Sparhawk

I must be blind, as I skipped right over that in your first post...now where did I lay my glasses?....[8D]

Dan