Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Bob Toilet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Hi Jason
Yes, something like that. Does it have sidewall mount? Could also have a better "locking" mechanism. The strip is a bit simple.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:07 AM
exfed

How about a "throttle servo cycler" for 3-D flying. I envision a device that would be placed in line with the throttle servo and activated by an aux (gear ) channel. 3-Ders wouldn't have to continously cycle their throttles, just pull up into a vertical and hit the retract switch. Rant-rant-rant-rant, etc. Maybe a ground adjustment for the amount of movement i.e., RANT!, RANT!, and perhaps another for frequency of movement, rant,,,,,,,,rant,,,,,,rant. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Bob

I've never seen one in the flesh so I'm not sure really. Is is one of Marc's products so I'm sure he will let you know

Jason
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys really appreciate the great ideas and suggestions, here are some answers and feedback on some posts so far.......

Keith - CG balancer for large jets - I am actually already working on an electric CG system which will allow users to slide a simple device under a jet, adjust the width to suit the jet and then using a simple hand held controller raise the balance arms to lift the jet off the ground to allow CG balance work and testing. The plan is the CG pivot plate will only rock a small amount either way so the jet will not topple forwards or backwards, it could also be locked to allow gear cycling and basic maintenance work. Its in the drawing stages and it will be designed as a top end device for those wanting the ultimate simplicity to CG large heavy jets without needing to lift and support them manually - it wont be 'cheap' but not silly money either assuming all the tests work out.

Rob - I do a Pro-Filler which is a fuel tank unit with decent fittings and pre-fitted with barbs to attach clunk lines to etc - pic attached, is this along the lines you are thinking?

Cornboy - Think Todd at Dreamworks does a neat overflow device.

K-A - We do Electro-Brakes for small jets, we ran them on our P20 powered Stinger Jet and have recently made Henke on this forum a nose brake unit for a small Eurofighter (twin Kolibri powered I believe). Legs for a 90mm jet rely heavily on decent retract units which is where the issue is as most on the market are not very durable form what I have heard (could be wrong and would welcome suggestions as to what are good)

Cornboy - If you buy a cheap hairbrush, one with the little blobs at the end of each bristle you have loads of ready made knobs to use on model cockpits

Jame - Taxi tank is a nice idea - its on the contenders list

Bob T - The UAT holder is my design, Ali at Als Hobbies does sell them (exclusively) and yes they can be side mounted and come with provision to do so. The cable tie is a simple and very reliable securing option.

Keep the ideas coming, I have had a load of PM's too with some very interesting ideas so starting to get excited about some new products for you guys

Cheers

marcs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55949.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1835820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65760.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1835821  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been looking in vain for some spring loaded hinges to be used basically on gear doors to keep them open A kind of lever fixed on each door can be used to have oleos engage it when retracting and spring would push it open when leg is extended.
Probably not the best solution for all models but beleive it would greatly facilitate a lot ofinstallation and give great results..

regards,
Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Marcelo Assis
My Feedback: (3)

where did you buy it???
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Robrow

ORIGINAL: marc s

Rob - I do a Pro-Filler which is a fuel tank unit with decent fittings and pre-fitted with barbs to attach clunk lines to etc - pic attached, is this along the lines you are thinking?
Blimey, how could I have missed that!

I remember seeing it when you brought it to market but dismissed it as a "fuel filler" rather than the tank end cap fitting that it is. Maybe its because the pics don't show it as fitted to a tank. Rereading your original thread I see others made my mistake also.

Quick question....what locates the o ring?

Rob.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: extra 300

I have been looking in vain for some spring loaded hinges to be used basically on gear doors to keep them open A kind of lever fixed on each door can be used to have oleos engage it when retracting and spring would push it open when leg is extended.
Probably not the best solution for all models but beleive it would greatly facilitate a lot ofinstallation and give great results..

regards,
Now that, is a heck of a good idea. If I could find some of them, would buy them NOW.

Roy.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
marc s

Quick question....what locates the o ring
Rob the Viton O ring sits on the cap and locates in a chamfered rebate in the ring mount which compresses it as the 6 bolts are tightened up. Its designed to allow further compression as it beds-in to prevent leaks as the O ring settles into compression.

marcs
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: hooker53

Marc. It's very simple. Those very small all plastic hatch latches that come on the Shock jets are almost impossible to find or buy. Make a very small one for all these 90/100/44 size jets that everyone is getting into and you would sell some I would think. Most of us are having to screw the canopy/hatch on and that's not good at the field.
+1 here too
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Robrow

How about a tool to easily cut hatches and panels in composite materials, maybe something along the lines of a thin bladed oscillating saw?

Rob.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 AM
marc s

Rob,

Proxxon make a fantastic range of micro tools suitable for our hobby related chores, I rate them highly and have been using the drills, mills and other items for many years. They have a new small hand held micro cutter which although I don't own (yet) looks like it will deal with cutting through fuselage layups etc with ease - it may not be able to do the tight corners but certainly it should make light work of cutting the straight lines and gentle curves. I would tape a straight edge on the work and use this to run the tool along.

here is a video link...... check out the range to some fantastic tools

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVaCagZBaY[/link]

marcs
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 AM
Lightspeed1551
My Feedback: (4)

A steel needle bearing connecting rod for an OS 120 2 stroke so it can be converted to gasoline. OS's new rear carb engine is a pain in the butt to set up if you have a plane built for a front carb glow engine. Every thing all ready exists to convert the 120 except that connecting rod.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I may be completely wrong here but I think Marc is only interested in Jet stuff.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 AM
marc s

As a preference jets are the focus, but ideas like the large model CG machine is naturally a product which suits props and jets alike.

Taxi Tank idea - what is a good realistic overall capacity for a taxi tank - what would be ideal?

marcs
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 AM
corndog2
Banned

As a preference jets are the focus, but ideas like the large model CG machine is naturally a product which suits props and jets alike.

Taxi Tank idea - what is a good realistic overall capacity for a taxi tank - what would be ideal?

marcs
About 1 - 1.5 ltr unless you are going to use it on monster jets. Remember to put somthing nice and grippy so it sits on the wing well. And essential for it to be seethrough so that you can see the amount of fuel in it.

I have to say that this is a good idea but then a simple du bro tank works fine and is very cheap. I suspect some people however will want a bit more bling
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Robrow

I also think the taxi tank idea is a good one, maybe you could do a couple of sizes. An easy to operate spill proof vent valve to connect to would also be nice. I always struggle with mine (6mm straight bulkhead Festo) and end up with kero on my hands when disconnecting.

Rob.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
corndog2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Robrow

I also think the taxi tank idea is a good one, maybe you could do a couple of sizes. An easy to operate spill proof vent valve to connect to would also be nice. I always struggle with mine (6mm straight bulkhead Festo) and end up with kero on my hands when disconnecting.

Rob.

All you need is a 30p plastic clamp on the fuel tube and just clamp it off before you dissconnect
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Robrow

Rob,

Proxxon make a fantastic range of micro tools suitable for our hobby related chores, I rate them highly and have been using the drills, mills and other items for many years. They have a new small hand held micro cutter which although I don't own (yet) looks like it will deal with cutting through fuselage layups etc with ease - it may not be able to do the tight corners but certainly it should make light work of cutting the straight lines and gentle curves. I would tape a straight edge on the work and use this to run the tool along.

here is a video link...... check out the range to some fantastic tools

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVaCagZBaY[/link]

marcs
Thanks for the link Mark.

Just on a different subject I need to make a one off composite fuel tank and read how you made the larger tank for the Gryphon? How easy did you find it to remove all the foam from inside the finished tank? Sounds like it could be a little messy?

Rob.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM
marc s

It can be messy but clear a good space, have plenty of thinners and paper towels, metal or thinners proof plastic trays and a few containers like 5L plastic petrol cans and away you go - just take your time

marcs
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: corndog2

I have to say that this is a good idea but then a simple du bro tank works fine and is very cheap. I suspect some people however will want a bit more bling
I am also a bit puzzled, have I missed something, for a start up tank I use a Dubro tank with a couple of "O" rings around it.
Suggestion - Marc, sell a dubro tank with a couple of O rings around it but plus your brand label on it and then treble the price, there seems to be a market for it!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Robrow

It can be messy but clear a good space, have plenty of thinners and paper towels, metal or thinners proof plastic trays and a few containers like 5L plastic petrol cans and away you go - just take your time

marcs
I assume most of it can be mechanically broken up and removed through the access hole? Do you know if acetone will work ok?

Rob.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

How about a mount for a fuel pump. I hate mounting fuel pumps and outside of the PST, I've never seen a pump that came with a simple mounting method. The AMT comes with a plastic strap that will pressure fit around, but it's still a pain to deal with. When I was flying RAM turbines years ago the pumps fit perfectly inside an old film canister, but you still had to be able to glue the canister somewhere. A nice cradle with a strap that actually holds the pump correctly and a plate you can glue down, with threaded holes so that you can then bolt the cradle to it would be awesome. I keep making them out of plywood, but a laser cut one would sure be nice.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM
marc s

Harry C come come now (wish my 'brand label' was that valuable!)

I will consider a Taxi Tank with one main consideration, is there is a real way to improve on whats out there already, and that answer is only going to come from you guys who use them regularily so I'm all ears......

I guess if people want a 'high tech' taxi tank then I can help too, for me its good as my capacity to make things is solely down to me and mass manufacture is not where I am at - small numbers are good.

Rob - depends on how large the hole is as to breaking up stuff, acetone works but less effectively than thinners (on the blue foam I used).

marcs
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
marc s

LGM cheers for that but I have seen a few offerings about....

[link]http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/fuel-pump-mount-p-968.html[/link]
[link]http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/pump-mount-jetcat-fuel-pump-p-2415.html[/link]
[link]http://www.motorsandrotors.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_94&products_id=825[/link]

This the sort of thing?

marcs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.