Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hyperion 610i charger and balancing?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hyperion 610i charger and balancing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Dig it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperion 610i charger and balancing?

Hey, I have a Hyperion 610i and I'm wondering about balancing my Lipo's for my jet. I found this unit here.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-20...h-Plugs/Detail

I don't know if anybody has used this unit before, looking for some input. If this isn't the answer, perhaps suggest a charger to me that will do the job.

Thanks

Dale
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hyperion 610i charger and balancing?

Hello Dale,

All the lipos I have had all had a balance lead. If they do have a balance lead this should always be plugged into your charger so the battery can be balanced as its being charged.
As for the unit that you are showing you have to make sure that your balance plug on your battery will fit this unit. Different brand batteries will have different balance plugs so it’s a matter of getting the rite board to suit your plug.
Ivan
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Exactly, find the balance tap on your battery and post a picture, I can tell you what board you need.

The 610 is a very good charger
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 AM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

That is a parallel charging board so that you can charge multiple similar batteries at the same time. they work just fine but a much more useful for high power (1000w) chargers. If you are looking to balance one battery at a time get one of these:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-multi...xh-p-3159.html

If you want to know what type of connector to get need to see it or give the battery brand.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Dig it

Ah, I see. I have the batteries way up front of the jet where I can see them but can't get to the plugs. lol.

Ok, thanks fellas, quick answers to my simple questions as always.

Dale
Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dale,
you can get extension leads for the balance plugs. This way you would not have to move the batteries every time you want to charge them.
I will however say that considering Lipos can catch fire when charging I personally would not be charging them inside the plane. For this reason I only use life batteries where possible. One of my ECU does run a lipo which I remove for charging.
To save you some frustration from buying the wrong plug if you mention the brand of your battery as stated, someone on this forum will be able to help you tell you the exact plug to get.
Ivan