Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang Torus with electric gear setup - pls recommend combination

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang Torus with electric gear setup - pls recommend combination

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Boomerang Torus with electric gear setup - pls recommend combination

I am keen to build a Torus with full electric gear setup including brakes. I am thinking of getting the boomerang torus with the Electron ER40 direct steering retract unit. Now the question: Can this unit be used with the dreamworks prolink torus struts and the 80mm electron electric brakes? Its a bit of a mix and match, but according to the spec sheets things seems to fit. Has anyone used this combination on a torus or any other plane?
Electron ER40 Electric retract set - 3 gear 1/2 inch DS
Electron 80mm (3 inch) main wheels with electomagnetic brakes
Dreamworks RC torus prolink 1/2 inch trailing link struts
Airpower or Intairco 2.25 inch nose wheel
I guess the only reason I want this plane is for the electric gear and the fact that I will put a 180 class engine in it. I hope it can handle the super high Gs I intend to put this through. I have had almost all versions of the Boomerang except the Torus, so its only fair I get this one too

Cheers...