Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hempel BD-5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hempel BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hempel BD-5

Hey guys,

Really liking this plane, but not finding much info out there. Anybody have any first hand experience? Looks like a nice place.

BTW...this is the one I'm interested in: http://www.billhempel.com/bd5/index.html

Red
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hempel BD-5

Hello Red,
Good to see someone likes this plane.
I think it’s the most ugly looking plane I have ever seen but that’s just my opinion.
Here is a link from Skymaster for you. Enjoy
Ivan
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Lownverted

Thanks for the link Ivan. I've seen the Skymaster one, but it's smaller, much more interested in the 1/2 scale version. Your right though, the Skymaster one was very ugly until they got the rudder in the right spot!

I've been fortunate enough to see Corly Fornoff fly his airshow routine in one a number of times......cool bird!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
jlovitt
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This plane has your name all over it Red. Go get one.

My dad and I were talking about these a few weeks ago. We talked ourselves out of it, but you should do it!

Jeff
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Lownverted

ORIGINAL: jlovitt

This plane has your name all over it Red. Go get one.

My dad and I were talking about these a few weeks ago. We talked ourselves out of it, but you should do it!

Jeff
Hey Jeff!

I think it would look really good doing super low acro with smoke on. Why did you talk yourself out of it?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Red, I have a NIB here in Calif. I am willing to sell and save you some money! Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some pictures of it. I got 2 of these and built one for a friend. It's a nice plane but I have other planes coming and was going to post it on RCU. Let me know. I flew the original model that Bill got the molds from and it flew like a dream. Smooth, floater and easy to land. We have one of those we flew at Best in the West this year. Ali trimmed it out and put the transmitter on the ground and let it fly! That was a great site!

Lowell
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Lownverted

Thank Lowell, I'll drop you a line.

Cheers
Red
Old 01-08-2013, 08:13 AM
feesable

Lowell, Is the Hempel BD-5J truly an ARF and to what degree? Also, what is the price of the kit you have for sale? Brg. Wally.
ORIGINAL: jet time

Red, I have a NIB here in Calif. I am willing to sell and save you some money! Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some pictures of it. I got 2 of these and built one for a friend. It's a nice plane but I have other planes coming and was going to post it on RCU. Let me know. I flew the original model that Bill got the molds from and it flew like a dream. Smooth, floater and easy to land. We have one of those we flew at Best in the West this year. Ali trimmed it out and put the transmitter on the ground and let it fly! That was a great site!

Lowell
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Wally, I have the complete kit. They sell for $3200 and it took 3 months to get it! I will sell it for $2900 and ship immediately.
Thanks,
Lowell