Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ripped off Turbine sale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ripped off Turbine sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ripped off Turbine sale

I hope all this works out I have had some other guy's pm me that have just sold to ,him and now they don't know if this is going to happen to them. I sure hope not it's a pain, and all the time I have had to waste on this B.S Now Back to WORLD OF TANKS I will take out the USA T110E5 AND KILL THE RED TEAMS RUSSR IS-7

worldoftanks.com
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
picard1
My Feedback: (2)

I am about to make my first sell with PayPal, but how do you verify the buyers shipping address with their email address with Paypal? Tried Paypal help menu, no luck...
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM
wd40

I would NOT USE PAYPAL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: wd40

I would NOT USE PAYPAL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing wrong with PayPal just the people who use it.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I sold a Garmin gps on e bay and accepted payment thru PayPal. He noted he was in a hurry to get it, and Could I get it out today. Sure. It was a $1000.00 sale and I didn't hear anything I thought all OK. 3 weeks later I get a Mail Where is it? I suspect foul play because he Knew I sent it USPS Priority and he should have had it is 2 days. The next morning, I get a e mail from PayPal he requested his grand back. I click the box to refund his money and leave a note That I would report it stolen to XM Radio. It had the On board data lost at sea feature and I did call MX and told them what I wanted. They told me that they knew where it was and we could report it stolen and I ask the address where it had been re registered. He read the address where I had shipped it. He ask If I wanted the sheriff to go pick it up. I said yes. the Next morning The money was back in my Paypal account. 2 Hours later I get a call from the sheriff office wanting to know If id take a call from this guy. I told them what happened and he have to work out his own problem.
2 weeks later he paypaled me another $400.00 to call XM so he could re register it, It had the XM Data Radar feature.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
JRAC19K
My Feedback: (4)

This person may have conned you because it is a big ticket item.  Do not sell anything over seas.  Too many scams and scammers look for these items and any way to steal from you.  They look for sellers on ebay and try to deal outside of the auction too and sometimes use other methods of payment you are not familiar with, then find out it was a trick after you already sent the item. 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
wd40

Hey, flycatch why don't you just stay out of this if you can't help. we are trying to work this out, and don't commennts like that here. Have a good day.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder why Paypal is so one sided toward the purchaser?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: picard1

I am about to make my first sell with PayPal, but how do you verify the buyers shipping address with their email address with Paypal? Tried Paypal help menu, no luck...
Paypal will send you the customers shipping address with the payment notification, it will normally say verified or not, if the customer asks you to send it to another address then dont.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
wd40

I have had problems with his bank, and paypal has charged me back 2 times for $1,900.00 this has been one big pain in the ass. I just can't give a good rating at this time. paypal said it will take up to 75 days to clear.he has been working to fix this problem. I hope it is done.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM
kochj

I believe the way to know if your sending to a PayPal Varified address, it should be seen on the paypal payment information????]
Anyone know what the correct answer is to this????
It seems you can only know if the address of the buyer, and to see if it is the one paypal has on file, is to see it after purchase, becuase, then, anyone that knows you email
account, could get a address off PayPal??? That wouldn't be a good thing...
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
wd40

I would like to report that Strutter has fixed the problem and all is good now He is a stand up guy.

Thank you Strutter for working with you bank to fix this.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Ravivos

Hi Wd40,
Glad to hear you got your things sorted out.
It seems this is a classic case of things that just got out of hand due to unfortunate events like bank problems...

Now, when it was all sorted out and everything is o.k, i ask all of you guys who flamed all international transactions to reconsider your negative approach.
have some trust, most of us "international buyers" are not scammers, we don't sit around lurking on RCU and Ebay for the next sap to scam.

a good communication is all that's needed.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 AM
gio
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: Ravivos

Hi Wd40,
Glad to hear you got your things sorted out.
It seems this is a classic case of things that just got out of hand due to unfortunate events like bank problems...

Now, when it was all sorted out and everything is o.k, i ask all of you guys who flamed all international transactions to reconsider your negative approach.
have some trust, most of us ''international buyers'' are not scammers, we don't sit around lurking on RCU and Ebay for the next sap to scam.

a good communication is all that's needed.
+1
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM
leider
My Feedback: (2)

+1
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to report that Strutter has fixed the problem and all is good now He is a stand up guy.

I hate to give a laundry list of chores to do but there is still a very important item to tend to and clean up in this sale. Namely, one apparently honest man's personal reputation who lives in Chile.

There are many posts here, including the title of this thread and the first post to name just two of many that say plainly that the man is a thief. Is Strutter a thief and a criminal, as loudly and clearly stated in the title and throughout the active thread? Or is he a "stand up guy" as said obscurely post #86 in this grand old thread? Maybe some individual thread and post editing is in order if indeed this person has been wrongly accused of being a thief. If it were me and I had done nothing wrong aside from be involved in a Bank and PayPal technicality, I sure would not want a thread with 85 posts out of 86 either outright saying in black and white or alluding to the fact that I was a thief... and that thread still showing these posts, and still being an active thread.

We can say PalPal and International sales are loaded with "challenges" but we should not be able to let off a liable dirty bomb thread without the cleanup if in fact letting the dirty bomb off was premature.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:13 AM
ironman597
My Feedback: (10)

I agree completely and stated earlier in the thread the same amount of effort should go into restoring his good name. 
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: Eddie P

I hate to give a laundry list of chores to do but there is still a very important item to tend to and clean up in this sale. Namely, one apparently honest man's personal reputation who lives in Chile.

There are many posts here, including the title of this thread and the first post to name just two of many that say plainly that the man is a thief. Is Strutter a thief and a criminal, as loudly and clearly stated in the title and throughout the active thread? Or is he a ''stand up guy'' as said obscurely post #86 in this grand old thread? Maybe some individual thread and post editing is in order if indeed this person has been wrongly accused of being a thief. If it were me and I had done nothing wrong aside from be involved in a Bank and PayPal technicality, I sure would not want a thread with 85 posts out of 86 either outright saying in black and white or alluding to the fact that I was a thief... and that thread still showing these posts, and still being an active thread.

We can say PalPal and International sales are loaded with ''challenges'' but we should not be able to let off a liable dirty bomb thread without the cleanup if in fact letting the dirty bomb off was premature.

This.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So you guys are saying receiving payment on paypal is the problem? I don't sell much, buy quite a bit. I just bought a tomahawk viper from an RCU member, Patrik Raski. Shipping was a total nightmare, and I admit there is some trepidation paypaling $4500 and then trusting the seller to come through from half way around the world. But we have paypal, and our credit card company to fight for us. Patrik was awesome to work with, even called me when we had multiple shipping issues. My point, there are still ethical people in the world, and we have back-ups in place to protect us from those who aren't. I just wouldn't recommend buying anything from ethiopia.....
Old 10-28-2017, 05:39 AM
Strutter
My Feedback: (32)

Despite a lot of time past of this case, i think is good to tell to everybody who write here like a insane prosecution to me.
ONLY YESTERDAY I KNEW ABOUT THIS POST FROM 4 YEARS AGO.
My Name is Eugenio Oisel, i Live in Chile and i also have USA address too.

1.- First i bought the cheetah from WD40 nickname, very well everything fine, here in RCU by paypal method
2.- 2 days after that i bought a F9F phanter pst jets from Bob Ruff, here in RCU by paypal method
3.- Believe or not Mr WD40 have a paypal email address phanterf9f@ yahoo.com i barely remember that AND.... Bob Ruff TOO !!!! the same , but with @another web site email dont remeber right now.
4.- When i saw both paymenth pantherf9f@ ...... logical i guess i paid twice for the same item, THAT WAS THE MISTAKE, from me? yes, but it was a casuality, never seen before in my purchases, either in my reputation like buyer.
WAS A MISTAKE, I AM NOT A SCAMMER I AM A SERIOUS FLYER LIKE YOU OR LIKE EVERYBODY HERE.

I never tried to scam to nobody either play with paypal account., sorry for any inconvenient , and apologize if that concern 4 years a go was a big problem for somebody.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Strutter

Default Clarification after to see this post only today

Despite a lot of time past of this case, i think is good to tell to everybody who write here like a insane prosecution to me.
ONLY YESTERDAY I KNEW ABOUT THIS POST FROM 4 YEARS AGO.
My Name is Eugenio Oisel, i Live in Chile and i also have USA address too.

1.- First i bought the cheetah from WD40 nickname, very well everything fine, here in RCU by paypal method
2.- 2 days after that i bought a F9F phanter pst jets from Bob Ruff, here in RCU by paypal method
3.- Believe or not Mr WD40 have a paypal email address phanterf9f@ yahoo.com i barely remember that AND.... Bob Ruff TOO !!!! the same , but with @another web site email dont remeber right now.
4.- When i saw both paymenth pantherf9f@ ...... logical i guess i paid twice for the same item, THAT WAS THE MISTAKE, from me? yes, but it was a casuality, never seen before in my purchases, either in my reputation like buyer.
WAS A MISTAKE, I AM NOT A SCAMMER I AM A SERIOUS FLYER LIKE YOU OR LIKE EVERYBODY HERE.

I never tried to scam to nobody either play with paypal account., sorry for any inconvenient , and apologize if that concern 4 years a go was a big problem for somebody.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:00 PM
PeterDays

So, did you give the money back? That is the important part
Old 11-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Strutter

of course man, with what kind of face i apologize without pay my purchases.