Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spectrum DX 18 receiver information for you all.

Hello everyone,
    Just incase you did not know I got an email of Horizon Hobbies regarding the use of a 12 channel receiver with xplus support and the xplus module.

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.
    *Please do not respond to this email* This email address is not monitored. Please use our inquiry form for any further correspondence.

The first 12 channels are higher resolution (2048) and the last 6 are 512 resolution using X plus and the DX18.

To reply to this e-mail or to place another Horizon Hobby Support Inquiry, please visit our inquiry form. If you are referencing a past request, please include the following ticket number when prompted: 55,674

Our phone staff is available at 1-877-504-0233, Monday through Friday, 8am-7pm CST, Saturday 8-5pm CST and Sunday Noon-5PM CST.

Thank you for your inquiry and your support,
    Nick
    We help YOU have fun with Hobbies!
    Horizon Hobby Product Support
    4105 Fieldstone Rd.
    Champaign, IL 61822
    1-877-504-0233

This should help anyone like me who was not sure about the above information.

Happy flying
    Ivan
    If you have to borrow, you cant afford it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spectrum DX 18 receiver information for you all.

Right. It's not limited by the Tx. All the channels are normal from the Tx. It's the expansion system that is lower res. (anything hooked to the X-plus bus) But let's face it... 20 years ago... all of our systems were 512.

It's still a great radio with more features than I can use.

Oh... and as a second FYI... the "9 Ch" Rx that that radio comes with, is actually a 10 ch Rx. The battery port is the 10th ch.
    Tony
    Owner of A&L Motorsports, LLC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1 yes that's correct. I do think this is a great TX, I just wasn't sure what resolution I get when operating with the 12channel with the plus module. I posted this in case there where people out there who did not know as I heard to many different conclusions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it actually possible to detect the difference from a pilots perspective in the two different resolutions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Probably not, but would you take the risk because I wouldn't put flight surfaces on the lower resolution especially when you have 12 on the higher resolution.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:-]
    Greg Wright
    Not a Team Horizon member/ But would love to be one!!!!!!!!!!!! BVM Jets/Jetcat USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Greg Wright

Actually when you hook up the xplus8 to a 12 channel receiver you loose the aux6 and aux7 channels to the xplus8 so in actuality you only have 10 channels that are on the 2048 resolution. Aux 6 and Aux 7 are your x-1 and x2 channels if you are not using a Xplus8 so in order to activate them you still have to turn on the Xplus and then they are on 2048 resolution. But with the Xplus8 hooked up you can not use Aux6 & Aux 7 for anything.
    You are wrong. Read the first post. That is an email from Horrizon hobbies who manufacture these so I'm sure they now what they are saying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Greg is absolutely right. This topic has been thoroughly reviewed by John Redman from Horizon and Andy Kunz, one of the Spektrum developers who posts on RC Groups and poorly explained in the manual Page 10.

With NO X-Plus module plugged in and a 12 channel RX, you have 12 channels with 2048 resolution and menu selectable 11 or 22msec refresh rate.

To set the travel, end points, etc. on channels 11 and 12 ( Aux 6 and 7), X-Plus must be menu selected on the DX-18, using the x+1 and x+2 channels for adjustments. If you don't activate X-Plus on the TX, the x+1 and x+2 are not visible on the adjustment screen.

Once you plug in the X-Plus module, THINGS CHANGE. Aux 6 and Aux 7 are split into (4)512 res channels each with variable latency(refresh rate) of 22-88msecs approximately and are no longer available as 2048 res channels on the RX, since Aux 6 and Aux 7, are appropriated by the module and become, in effect, channels 11-14 and 15-18.

So, if you have a 12 channel RX with no module plugged in, you have 12 channels of 2048/11-22msec latency.....With that same 12 channel RX with the X-Plus module plugged in, you have 10 channels of 2048/11-22 and 8 channels with 512/22-88 latency.

The email is a correct but confusing as it leaves out some of the details, like whether the X-Plus module is plugged in or not.

TA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well if what you are saying is rite the email is wrong and I will prove it when I get home by pasting my exact question I asked th

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, email is not wrong......but for clarity, it should have read "The first 12 channels of the RX are higher resolution(2048) ONLY IF THE PLUS 8 MODULE IS NOT PLUGGED IN.......

As I noted above, once you plug in the module, channels 11 and 12 are appropriated to the module, and no longer available as 2048 channels, leaving 10 high res channels.

TA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lets get this straight my question to them was what resolution do you get with a 12 channel Rx with the x+8 module.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How can you argue when you didn't even know the question.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's not the first time HH customer service people have given the wrong info.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: Justflying1

ORIGINAL: Greg Wright

quote]
    You are wrong. Read the first post. That is an email from Horrizon hobbies who manufacture these so I'm sure they now what they are saying.*
    Thanks Tom for backing me up on this.

Justflying 1, I have gone straight to the source for my info as i am very close friends with the guy's that developed the system for the DX18. I am also a member of there club and i hang out with the guys from HH on the weekend all the time and they are the ones that have explained some of the features of this radio to me. The Email that you got from them did not explain the whole thing very clearly. If you go to page 11 in the owners manual it states this very clearly.
    Greg Wright
    Not a Team Horizon member/ But would love to be one!!!!!!!!!!!! BVM Jets/Jetcat USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you guys for this clarification. I am on deck for one of these...
    Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The TX is always transmitting in 2048 mode on all 12 channels......it is in the RX where that 2048 is split into the (4) 512 channels when the X-Plus8 Module is plugged in, diverting Channels 11 and 12 to the 8 ports on the module, leaving (10) 2048 channels available on the 12 channel RX....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The X+8 servo absolute travel menu still retains the 2048 adjustment steps on the screen but the 11ms frame rate is lost on all channels.

Rob.
    UK distributor: Jets Munt Merlin 90, 140 & 160. Jet Central UK. FADEC ECU\'\'\'\'s UK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

No, email is not wrong......but for clarity, it should have read ''The first 12 channels of the RX are higher resolution(2048) ONLY IF THE PLUS 8 MODULE IS NOT PLUGGED IN.......

As I noted above, once you plug in the module, channels 11 and 12 are appropriated to the module, and no longer available as 2048 channels, leaving 10 high res channels.

TA

Tom is most definitely correct, the key words here are ONLY IF THE MODULE IS NOT PLUGGED IN i.e. connected to the 12 channel rx, I have just done this with a 12 channel rx re advice from Andy Kunz (one of the software programmers) himself in order to activate all 12 channels on my latest project, so I now have 12 channels at 2048 resolution WITHOUT the X Plus module connected and I use the x1 and x2 channels for setup.

Regards
    Peter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everyone,
    I have just relieved an e mail from Horrizon informing me of the confusion and they have apologised for this. You are correct in what you where saying. I apologise for posting the wrong information but was only posting what I thought was the correct information at the time which was given to me by Horrizon.

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.
    *Please do not respond to this email* This email address is not monitored. Please use our inquiry form for any further correspondence.

I clarified this, and I apologize I was incorrect. With out Xplus installed. The 12 channels are all 2048. When X plus is installed channels 11-18 are 512 resolution and channels 1-10 remain 2048. Sorry for the confusion.

To reply to this e-mail or to place another Horizon Hobby Support Inquiry, please visit our inquiry form. If you are referencing a past request, please include the following ticket number when prompted: 57,205

Our phone staff is available at 1-877-504-0233, Monday through Friday, 8am-7pm CST, Saturday 8-5pm CST and Sunday Noon-5PM CST.

Thank you for your inquiry and your support,
    Nick
    We help YOU have fun with Hobbies!
    Horizon Hobby Product Support
    4105 Fieldstone Rd.
    Champaign, IL 61822
    1-877-504-0233

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

An interesting observation on these discussions about concern over the frame rate with the expander is that it drops all the way down to 512; which is what we used on our primary controls not that long ago in competition. At least until a dinosaur stepped on our plane...
    Steve Stricker
    Horizon Team Member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a question.....if you are using a 12 channel X+ Rx with the higher resolution on all 12 channels....what happens if you connect an X+ module? Do you still keep all 12 higher resolution channels and simply gain 6 of the lower resolution X+ channels?

Rob.
    UK distributor: Jets Munt Merlin 90, 140 & 160. Jet Central UK. FADEC ECU\'\'\'\'s UK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NO YOU DO NOT KEEP 12 HIGH RES CHANNELS!!!!!!! With the X+ added to the 12X receiver you will only have 10 channels on the higher resolution and 8 channels on 512. AUX 6&7 become obsolete.
    Greg Wright

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking at the servo setup menus there only appear to be 10 available servos without the x+ menu active, where are servo 11 and 12?

Rob.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

X1 and X2 are used for the programming of Aux 6 and 7.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ozmodeller

X1 and X2 are used for the programming of Aux 6 and 7.
    Does that not mean you have to activate the X+ menu with the loss of 2048 on those two channels?

Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast