Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR XG14

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR XG14

Old 11-01-2013, 01:32 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Went back to the LHS and bought some more bits to play with

The 11ch r/x isn't xbus capable, but will take the temp sensor I bought. I bought the low range temp sensor as I wanted to get an idea of flight battery pack temps. This one will do from -10 to 90 degrees C

Cost wise it was pretty neutral to buy the xbus 7ch r/x and the 4 port converter harness or straight out 11ch r/x. I can use both so I bought one of each to have a play with.

I don't like that telemetry or any other additional info other than rx and tx volts are not displayed on the main screen, but I guess it's no buggy to scroll over to have a look. Nice this it does log the max and mins (temps in my case)

thanks

dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1935560  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I own a XG14 and it's a step up from the 12X : telemetry, xbus, stick feel, less heavy, more channels. I'm practicing with the Aerofly SIM and I loved!!
I'm fitting the 11 ch RG31b in the BVM Electra with a G370 A on the rudder. Should be to hard to programming, very similar to the 12X
But for my next project : MMB 339 ( turbine) I was thinking of the 7RG31b with a XB system , but here I will need some help. Or like Ticketec better with the 1131 BPU . The jet use 2 servos for elevator, 4 in the wing , one for steering, 1 rudder. Gear is Electron with electric brakes. What rote I should take?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Use the 1131. Xbus will do the job, but I think its too many joints to achieve the same as a std Rx....unless the model is really big

Dave
Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 AM
fredo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read a lot of posts in here saying how terrible this tranny looks. Frankly, who cares how it looks, it feels great in hands and I really love gimbals.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:35 AM
jcterrettaz

Thank you Dave . Will follow this route.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:05 AM
jamessymons

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Everyone

Bought my 14XG this weekend. Very light compared to my 12X. Nice radio with only one shortcoming that i can pick up thus far being the inability to re allocate channels that have become spare as in a scenario where you link up the 7 channel xbus rx to a Powerbox igyro as mentioned by Mark in an earlier post.

I also read a very nice review of this radio on another forum where the author mentions that the only two rx's at the time of writing the review that were xbus compatible were the 7 channel x bus rx and the 11 channel power bus receiver (RG1131BPU). Well as i found out after i purchased the 11 channel receiver it is NOT. I guess I will have to find another use for it.

Subsequently JR have released the xbus dedicated infinity receiver.

http://www.jramericas.com/233963/JRPR03429/

Kind Regards

James
Old 05-26-2014, 10:09 PM
antsis

Hi Guys

I have been using a DSX12 since 2008 and love it. However, with the lack of updates and limited functionality regarding flybarless systems, I am seriously looking at getting a new Tx. My first impression of the XG 14 was not good. It felt too light and I did not like the small screen. However, I felt it looked much better than the 11X and the programming seemed to be almost identical to the 12X. I decided to wait until JR announced the replacement to the 12X and was keen to get my hands on the new 28X. However, I found out the cost of the 28X is going to be approx A$3200.00 compares to A$550.00 for the XG14. I also see it as a "mine's bigger than yours" type of radio and, as I mainly fly 700 size helicopters, feel I don't really need 28 channels. Therefore, I have revisited the idea of getting the XG14 to replace my 12X. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-27-2014, 02:49 AM
jcterrettaz

You will get use to the XG 14 . I own the 12X and it's a great radio but the XG 14 is light and the gimbal are so smooth and precise. For the price and endless ( beside missing the speaking fonction!!) mix and the great Xbus system + telemetry. I loved , here in Ontario Canada is not very popular like Spektrum and Jeti Futaba etc...
But I'm a JR fan! Programing is very similar to 12X
Old 05-27-2014, 03:47 AM
ticketec

Originally Posted by antsis
Hi Guys

I have been using a DSX12 since 2008 and love it. However, with the lack of updates and limited functionality regarding flybarless systems, I am seriously looking at getting a new Tx. My first impression of the XG 14 was not good. It felt too light and I did not like the small screen. However, I felt it looked much better than the 11X and the programming seemed to be almost identical to the 12X. I decided to wait until JR announced the replacement to the 12X and was keen to get my hands on the new 28X. However, I found out the cost of the 28X is going to be approx A$3200.00 compares to A$550.00 for the XG14. I also see it as a "mine's bigger than yours" type of radio and, as I mainly fly 700 size helicopters, feel I don't really need 28 channels. Therefore, I have revisited the idea of getting the XG14 to replace my 12X. Any thoughts on this?
Hey Antsis,

Why is too light a problem?? is it the physiological fallacy that heavier means it must be worth more? or that heavier means that it is able to withstand a drop better? because regardless of the radio, if it had a good drop, it's all over for me regardless.

The gimbals are awesome! and what you will also note is the speed and resolution that your servos will respond with the DMSS. I noticed a significant change for the better with the DMSS. love it. The guys that I fly with that have switched over are saying they are now over-controlling the model due to the responsiveness of DMSS and smoothness of the gimbals .

I used to fly with a 9xII and also my flying mate's 11x and this weekend I flew with both my radios one after the other and the first thing I noticed picking up my 9xII was man it's heavy! I really like the lighter weight, more comfortable when flying. I also didn't like the small screen when I bought mine, and although I have got used to it now if I could change one thing it would be the screen size, but for everything else you gain. it's worth dealing with it.

In terms of programming, it will leave your 12x totally for dead. far more options and a lot less restrictions. At the end of the day, for $550, it's very very hard to beat.

Thanks

dave
Old 05-27-2014, 05:29 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Any recomendations on get the XG14 with digital throttle trim or analog trim, as I'm a turbine flyer jet guy I have my doubts on this,I always use analog for throttle but I don't know wich one should I get.

Any advice?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2014, 05:56 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't think you had a choice to get analog throttle trim on the XG14?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:04 AM
jcterrettaz

It's digital and I did not have any trouble programming the radio for the JetCat P70. Easy with analog but no problem with the trim on a XG14
Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM
willig10

Question:
Are there any spring loaded return switches on this transmitter? Or are they all manual switches?

Glenn
Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 AM
jcterrettaz

The trainer switch is spring loaded . I use this one for motor on/off for my F5j glider
Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read a post of a guy using the levers (analog) off to the side as a throttle trim set up.
I have been using mine for about 3 months now and really like it. I am more into competition events, and love it for that, but also see its huge value in the sport arena as well. Its programing platform is simple. I was able to unload all of my spektrum stuff (cause it still popular) and afford all the new tranfers to dmss. It took me 2 weeks to sell everything on RCU. I am glad I did. This is a great radio and if you want to find a set up to use the old dsm and the new dmss then get the 11x with the module set up to switch back and forth. I believe the 12x MV also allows this. JR has nailed it here again. I cant wait for the 28X.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
osvaldopv

OK, I bought a Jr XG14 with 11ch receiver, can someone tell me which is the correct way to install the receiver antennas correctly. The manual says the incorrect directions way, but it doesn't says the right way .

Any picture?, any advice?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Greg G
My Feedback: (5)

I'm no expert on the XG14 as I just ordered one myself...But if it helps.
The weakest reception for the wire antenna is in a direction inline with the end of the antenna(see 'weak signal' arrow in attachemnt). They also show the arrow direction of the 'weak signal' for the RA01T remote antenna. Since your model can be oriented in any direction relative to the transmitter (coming towards you, going away from you, upside down....etc) you want the RX antennae to be oriented in different directions such that there is never more than one antenna oriented with the weakest signal direction pointing at you.
Say the thrust line of the aircraft is the X axis direction, align the 'weak signal' arrow of each antenna such that one is aligned with the X axis, one with the Y axis, and one with the Z axis. Or simply, orient at right angles to each other.

For the best position of each antenna relative to each other and equipment and structures in the plane, follow the simple rules in the instructions or you might ask others with the same aircraft where they put the antenna's. The most important task will be a thorough range check to validate the positions. What are you putting the receiver in? Is it the RG1131B or RG1131BPU?

Name:	Capturejr.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	2000068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturejr2.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	2000069  
Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several of them in racers and I seperate them at the rx and then spread them apart in as much of a different direction as possible. Keep in mind that in some of my Q40 planes I have very little space so the key will be the closest part at the RX and keeping it seperated as best you can per your location. As always seperate them in directions best you can and make sure they dont touch.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:51 AM
osvaldopv

Any picture instalation or receiver orientation?

Last edited by osvaldopv; 05-31-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:04 AM
jcterrettaz

I can take a pic later of my glider. The two antenna have to be +-parallel , logic , not messy if is a carbon fuse : make hole and run them outside the fuse. My glider F5j is 3.5 meter and I fly very far , a small dot in the sky and I alway feel 100% control.
Only once the V receiver start to bip, scary for one second but , later I move the data satellite and everything is fine now. Don't worry so much , jut do some long range test to be sure....
I hope that help
Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 AM
ticketec

Originally Posted by osvaldopv
Any recomendations on get the XG14 with digital throttle trim or analog trim, as I'm a turbine flyer jet guy I have my doubts on this,I always use analog for throttle but I don't know wich one should I get.

Any advice?

Thanks
There is a choice, and i most definitely went with the digital trim. I don't just only fly turbines with my Tx so having the trim flopping about each time i changed models would have been a real issue for me. My flying mate has an analogue throttle trim on his 11x and I find it so painful and so antiquated. In terms of throttle cut for the turbine I have a separeate swtich to do that in an emergency (have to have by Australian rules) and the digi trim comes down pretty quick anyways.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:03 AM
osvaldopv

A picture would be perfect!

Thanks

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
I can take a pic later of my glider. The two antenna have to be +-parallel , logic , not messy if is a carbon fuse : make hole and run them outside the fuse. My glider F5j is 3.5 meter and I fly very far , a small dot in the sky and I alway feel 100% control.
Only once the V receiver start to bip, scary for one second but , later I move the data satellite and everything is fine now. Don't worry so much , jut do some long range test to be sure....
I hope that help
Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 AM
jcterrettaz

Here a picture, the Rx is berry in the fuse , you can see only antenna and data satellite

Name:	SAM_0117.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	2000156  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:29 PM
osvaldopv

Does anyone noticed that the receiver gets very hot during operation? Mine gets hot like it's goin to burn!

This is normal?
Old 05-31-2014, 04:40 PM
jcterrettaz

Yes , I notice that. Should be normal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.