Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
bobcatfreddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Jet-Reward offered

I think this is a good idea. I'm willing to give the jet to Rob to hold. I'm also willing to give him $2,000 as good faith untill this problem is taken care of. I spoke to Red about this and Red is contacting Chris.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been watching this thread and hoping that there would be a resolution

It seems that we might have the first steps towards a resolution.

So no more posts involving threats and or illegal actions please.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

Hey Freddy if you result this issue , I will like to know how are you going to clear your name??????
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I never use PAYPAL for high end transactions. That is a BIG mistake. Always best to send cashiers checks or postal money orders for smaller amounts. Both are as good as cash. There is nothing wrong with what Chris did. Guys that know each other in this hobby do this all the time. If one of my best jet pals personally vouches for a guy I take that as rock solid. I vouched for a guy one time on a turbine. The guy didn't have the money to pay for the turbine so he negotiated paying for it over 4 months with 4 payments. The factory asked me if the guy was good for it. I told them he was. Well, later after the first month passed the guy never sent in a payment. Shortly after that, I got a call from the factory saying can you help me get the turbine back. Not only did I get the turbine back for them I bought it.

Don't rag Chris for having faith in people. The real problem is people like Freddie. In my opinion he is a low life. Flying around in a jet he KNOWS he doesn't own is the lowest of LOW! How could he in good conscience, think for a second, that the jet was his to fly knowing that Chris never got paid? Unbelievable.

IMO Rob still has an obligation to Chris to help him get his jet back.

Chris, like others have said - contact the local Sheriffs department. These F**king thieves need to be put in jail.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: bobcatfreddy

I think this is a good idea. I'm willing to give the jet to Rob to hold. I'm also willing to give him $2,000 as good faith untill this problem is taken care of. I spoke to Red about this and Red is contacting Chris.

Maybe you can save yourself from spending time in jail. What you did was pathetic dude.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

This
Event is all too common ,it happened to me a few years back when I received a six thousand dollar forged cashiers check for a kit from a guy in las vegas the check went into my bank in the normal way and I shipped when cleared. ten days later the bank removed the 6G,s from my account when they discovered the check was a clever forgery. Now the secret service deal with forged cashiers checks and they could do nothing ,,, my point is that it's up to you and me to do something about this all of us are a very small tight community in the jet world and we all know somebody who knows somebody and can bring pressure on the party to do the right thing..... So lets do it .....together. I ve known Robbie Lynch since he was knee high to a grasshopper and he has the street sense and the integrity never to get into situation like this , so I,m sure he wouldn't,t put his name to anything slightly untoward. S0 my message to Freddy is make it right Freddy . And do it now , you can still save face by doing the correct thing before its too late. Pay up and shut. Up ! It's not worth having all of your fellow pilots at Delray and Markham wondering about you !
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: essyou35

He has a few vids with titles like this, kinda funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmx8xeK75Ko

Yes the banner "Fly it like Its Stolen UPDATE" at the beginning of the video is kind of ironic[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How many people have been swindled or misled on this site or another? I have and probably many others. The difference is this gentleman if true has been taken to the cleaners in a big way. If we are led to believe this is true the other party has committed a felony. Let the legal system iron this out but IMO this is theft.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM
BoiseBee

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I never use PAYPAL for high end transactions.
I never ship until PP says payment is complete. I typically don't do amounts as large as this one, but I still expect to get paid. My understanding is that PP has the funds in hand when they email me this info regardless of whether it's cash, check or credit card. Does the amount make a difference? (I'm not arguing, just curious about this. )
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Yes the banner "Fly it like Its Stolen UPDATE" at the beginning of the video is kind of ironic[:'(][:'(][:'(]
No, that's a brazen thief. I bet he even had a little chuckle to himself when adding that bit to the vid. I would also bet its not the first time he's done this.
Casey

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Warbirdguy

I have had a bad experience with dealing with a person in Florida also. Several years ago, I was contacted by someone I had dealings with in MO. He had a BVM jet that someone in FL bought from him but needed it finished. It was partially built. I contacted the guy in FL and all arrangements were made. I got the jet delivered to my shop in TN. The jet, from the previous builder, was a mess. I fixed as much as I could that could be fixed and finished it up to flying condition. The guy in FL had a friend that was flying through to ILL and I was to meet him at the local airport for delivery. I waited at the airport for hours and no one showed. I left the jet with the manager there and told him not to let it go without payment and went to McDonalds to get a burger. Wasn’t gone 20 mins. When I got back the jet was gone. The manager handed me an envelope with payment inside. RED FLAG!! He paid with a check and it was supposed to be cash. He even told me an hour before they guy showed up that the guy had cash. He lied. Guess that hamburger sure did cost me. Anyways, I deposited his check. Two weeks later I get a letter from my bank saying it was returned NSF $635. I called the guy up in FL and he said his professional jet guy, not going to name anyone but everyone knows him, said it was junk and couldn’t fly. My customer says he will settle by me furnishing him a new jet kit from BVM. LMAO. Of course I explained I didn’t build the jet, I just did the finish work on it. Did not mater, I touched it last and I guess I was responsible for his poor judgment in purchasing it unseen.

Now this is the part that I ran into. I got a consultation from a lawyer here. She told me I had a case, because:

It was a contractual mater. I was contracted to finish the jet. The jet was shipped here, and the work was performed here, so it can be tried here and he would have to show up. She told me this is how it will go down.

1. I would file the case and it would be tried. He will not show up and I would win the verdict.

2. It would be an empty verdict because Florida does not recognize any other state for on that small of an amount or in capital offenses.

3. The best I could do is file a bad check charge here. And since it was over a $100 it would be a felony. There again, Florida would not recognize this charge. Only thing that would happen is if he gets stopped in TN for traffic violation and if they run a wants and warrants check on him they would see that and arrest him. Hasn’t happened yet.

In the meanwhile, the guy that he bought the jet from is now gone AWOL and is wanted by the FBI for interstate fraud. I also found out the guy in FL was a lawyer. I began to put it together that they worked together and I was the sucker.

The guy in FL is a bigger trial lawyer now and I really don’t care anymore because time heals all. But, if I ever run into him face to face Let’s just say, my redneck ways won’t let me walk away. It might cost me more than the $635 but Ill have plenty of satisfaction in other ways.

I’m not saying that everyone in Florida are thieves, Just be mindful of how they do business and the laws, if you don’t think a thief wont use the law to perpetuate a crime in his favor, your dead wrong.

I feel for you Chris. Good luck getting your funds or jet back. I really don’t see it happening. I hope I’m wrong. But I really don’t think you will.

WBG
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
bobcatfreddy

First of all your judging me with no facts. I never send him phony checks nor had planned to scam the poor guy. People are quick to judge and love drama and i wont feed into it. The problem has been dealt with. If you or any one has any thoughts they would like to express then come see me face to face and I'll be happy to answer them.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: glazier808

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Yes the banner ''Fly it like Its Stolen UPDATE'' at the beginning of the video is kind of ironic[:'(][:'(][:'(]
No, that's a brazen thief. I bet he even had a little chuckle to himself when adding that bit to the vid. I would also bet its not the first time he's done this.
Casey

Wow, I just saw that... unbelievable. I'm speechless and that's hard to do!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Facts:
#1-Chris has no jet nor the money!
#2- Freddy has the jet and the money!
#3- It has been months since the purchase!
#4- It only takes one day to pay a man!
#5-The story from the purchaser is, as posted by the purchaser, has freakin holes all in it.

And now you come back on here and are so bold to insinuate a threat toward anyone who wants to come see you in person.
Come to Florida Jets. Please!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM
AndyAndrews

I wonder if Rob has been complicit in this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49941.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1847176  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: BoiseBee

I never use PAYPAL for high end transactions.
I never ship until PP says payment is complete. I typically don't do amounts as large as this one, but I still expect to get paid. My understanding is that PP has the funds in hand when they email me this info regardless of whether it's cash, check or credit card. Does the amount make a difference? (I'm not arguing, just curious about this. )
The problem with paypal is they can reverse the transaction based on facts they control. Even after the payment is complete. They purchaser could send them a line of crap and your money gets tied up or even reversed completely. I don't trust them on large amounts. I'm willing to take the risk on smaller amounts just for the convenience of it though.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok. can you send me a plane ticket?

ORIGINAL: bobcatfreddy

First of all your judging me with no facts. I never send him phony checks nor had planned to scam the poor guy. People are quick to judge and love drama and i wont feed into it. The problem has been dealt with. If you or any one has any thoughts they would like to express then come see me face to face and I'll be happy to answer them.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM
warbirdfanatic

Freddy, 3 months is no excuse buddy, no matter how big you are. You took advantage of a guy with good character that went out of his way to trust you to pay him later on and you failed. What small reputation you had, has now been lost and you will be the talk of your local club for quite a while. You have seriously forgotten the power of forums and no doubt, 10,000 will now know that you don't pay for items. And a tip, try playing with your facebook privacy settings because you've broadcast to the world what an idiot you really are!

Sorry if that sounds harsh but look at the damage that has been done by your careless acts?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:25 PM
BoiseBee

Okay. I kind of remember that they could do that. Since I never had a problem it slid off into that hard to reach area of my brain. Good advice. Thank you!
Steve
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 PM
mniesen89

To determine if the two very unlikely money orderswere even purchased by the buyer, have him send a photo copy of the receipt the money order the purchasers are supposed to keep.

This is a very unbelievelable story the buyer is telling....I've never had one money order lost, let alone two....

Also, I would make a,call to the club president of his club and advise him/her of the situation.....a stolen jet has no business at a reputable clubs field!

I would work on every club/person this guy goes to or knows....

I also wonder if the AMA could do anything about this. It is after all, technically, stolen merchandise being flown by a member.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM
gueroaero

I wonder if Rob has been complicit in this?
Oh dang...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Warbirdguy

LoL Andy
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
warbirdfanatic

Another thing to add about paypal. Seller protection and buyer protection is covered upto £500 in the UK so it may be less in the US, Paypal protection will cover over that but under their rules and vibe at the time. I lost out on this rule as a result, these days I just pay by cash or get people to pay me by BACS as I know the money is there.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
warbirdfanatic

Also, if you do not use an approved courier by Paypal they have the right to refuse the seller's tracking info, I also lost out on this one as a buyer bought a projector from me, he said it didn't arrive but my courier takes a photo of the house it is delivered to. Paypal refused this information as it was not an approved courier i.e. Royal Mail, TNT and the buyer won in favour. Same story as this, I checked his facebook and his status was bragging about his free projector. I was at the point of telling my wife that we were going for a long car journey.......
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Warbirdguy

So, is this the guy and the jet in question?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO6Pbcb65gc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.