Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

No More Blue Angels ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

No More Blue Angels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: No More Blue Angels ?

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Ok, if you guys want to be ''accurate'' which is itself in doubt, the military cuts(sequestration) being talked about are the result of CONGRESS' refusal to do it's job. These cuts were mandated by the Congress as a penalty for them not agreeing last year. They were written entirely by the CONGRESS. So if you want to *****, you should be talking about and to your local Congressman. Tell them to get off their soapboxes, quit the posturing and run the freakin country! Preferably, no further into the creek! This particular picadillo is almost entirely on Congress not the POTUS.

David S
Hey Dave,

You beat me to the punch my friend.

Folks, please realize that the 'chicken-do-do's" in Washington, including everyone's Representative and Senator, as well as the President, chose this 'easy path' prior to the 2012 election....rather than get down to brass tacks and make the revenue/spending changes that would get us in going in the right direction.

If they now cannot agree on how to balance the budget then this legislation will stand........and punish everyone with a meat ax approach.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, stop the political BS.

No matter weather you are liberal or conservative, we ALL LOOSE as aviation lovers.

My job is on the line as well. Not fun!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed and well said
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

Can we chill on the political rhetoric? For every point made about our elected officials, someone else can counter, which just ends in a ugly pissing contest. There are plenty of other sites to b**** about our government.
I totally agree, let's talk about our b*t*hing jets that we plan to fly this year. There's enough b*t*hing about the government on TV. [8D]
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

More to your point David...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGDZOW-brA
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 AM
johnnyjet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bull[:@]
That makes me [>:]
johnny
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Scott Douglas

It sucks regardless of whether it happens or not, looks like the same might happen to the Red Arrows here in the UK... [link=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7952276/Red-Arrows-could-be-grounded-by-defence-cuts.html](Red Arrows grounded) [/link].

On a funny side.. The Red Arrows were always better
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas

It sucks regardless of whether it happens or not, looks like the same might happen to the Red Arrows here in the UK... [link=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7952276/Red-Arrows-could-be-grounded-by-defence-cuts.html](Red Arrows grounded) [/link].

On a funny side.. The Red Arrows were always better
Yes, it really is a lot easier flying a basic training aircraft, like the Hawk, as opposed to a front line, combat proven fighter jet, such as the F-18C![X(]. Riding a tricycle is much easier than a full fledged bicycle!.

David S
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Scott Douglas

If you've got it.. flaunt it

Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 AM
ChrisPetersen
My Feedback: (3)

I love the Blue Angels as much as the the next aviation enthusiast. But we just plain can't afford everything under the sun. I would rather see the show teams cut than equipment cut for our front line troops. It sucks but neither the president nor the congress is innocent in this predicament.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
straitnickel

Well said FlyinTiger well said
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

when exactuly do they STOP flying demo's will they be at my local airshow in April ?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An easy way to be able to afford paying for the military would be to remove the tax exempt status for churches, mosques, temples and their staff. That would save the government 71 Billion per year. Religion is a lucrative business and should be taxed like any other for-profit organization

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...s-71000000000/

Lots of ways to find money for the military. We can do mandatory drug screening for welfare clients as well. That will save us enough money to have not only the Blue Angels but multiple other programs.

Just sayin...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Not to forget ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6tB8Lf7YoU

And another video of F-18 vs Corvette, I not like the car, but the video is very pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6muw6pqzk_c

Regards from Spain.
Carlos Márquez
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Wingdinger2

The title of this thread is highly misleading. The Blue Angels have not been cut, they're only thinking about it. And not necessarily eliminating them completely, either. If my memory serves me correctly, Congressman Jeff Miller made no mention at all of the Thunderbirds.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM
flyme2moon
My Feedback: (1)

there is always the few who don't understand how this country works, some think that the President has total power over all aspects of goverment, be it the economy, the military, the stock market, and the oil industry, and our daily lives.... they fail to realize that we the people elected this man to this office, and in other elections we the people also elected these flakes to congress and the senate, some who have signed PLEDGES to political groups, after swearing to uphold the Constitution of this country,I would call this fraud..... the Congress controls the purse of this country
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: pacoflyer

At least the ''previous other guy'' was an American....

This has got to be the dumbest most ignorant statement I have EVER heard. Sad.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

can you guys put poltics aside and someone freaking answer me when does the grounding START ??????????????????[:@]
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Simple Search and you would find amazing answers!!

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/media...120210_002.pdf
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I'm going to step in here before this thread spirals out of control. I have no problems with you discussing the actions of the military, the Blue Angels, and any other similar actions. But you need to leave political commentary out of the thread. I know that may seem difficult for some to see how they can discuss this issue without getting into political commentary, but you need to find a way to do so. Because if you don't we will close the thread down. It's just that simple. Leave the political commentary out of the thread or I will close it. Your choice as to how we proceed.

I've already removed some posts from the thread because several people decided to take some political cheap shots. Let's stay away from the as this discussion continues.

Ken
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM
guamflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott you funny guy....They're all the best....LOL..and yes it does suck to have any of the crews crounded or decreased in performance shows..
I always want to see them fly weather in person or vids..I track the Arrows to...made a few slope jets in arrows livery,Blue Angels and any that i fancy...

RCKEN is right Boys...as much as we want to say our piece .Politics don't belong here cause this isnt where we talk politics....We Talk RC Airplanes.....

SLOPE FAST - SOAR DEEP

guamflyer

P-40 Bro # 5
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
FNG RIDER

I respectfully disagree here about banning political commentary. Afterall the Blue Angels are directlly linked to US politics by displaying superior aircraft and flying skills. This not only benifits the Navy for recruiting, but for voters to keep the US militarily relevant and inhancing our foreign policy.If it wasn't for politics this thread would not even been posted. Yes I'd rather hear about rc air craft and military aircraft but this is all driven by our politics or lack there of.

I argue that the thread should not be shut down nor post be removed as long as the discussion is civil and no name calling nor f bombs are thrown.

Ok there I said it; )
Old 02-08-2013, 04:48 PM
robbinsp
My Feedback: (10)

this is just the beginning

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a secretive "scenario and drill" developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declares a "State of National Emergency". The plan states events causing such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America.[1][2][3][4][5] To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.[6]
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

+1 +1 +1 For JC.... I agree that religious organizations should be taxed as well, thats money that shouldnt be left on the table. It seems a person can't sneeze without getting taxed on something these days. Secondly, If people don't want to read political talk then they can click their back button on the browser. I see this forum is still over moderated in a non-sense way.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Mike06659

It's B.S boyz if this does happen, and I do have the solution. DON'T TAKE OUR "TAX PAYER" JETS AWAY TAKE THEIR "CONGRESS/ADMINISTRATION JETS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A classic example is Defense Secretary Leon Panetta would spend $32,000 of tax payers money to fly home "every weekend" costing a total of $860,000 and I'm sure that number is lower then it really is.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1429528.html

I enjoy seeing America's finest fly those incredible machines each year and don't think we should do with out.

I just hope I can afford gas to get to the show

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.