Jets Over Kentucky Week July 7-14-2013
Jets Over Kentucky Week willoffer even more excitement for 2013.Uninterrupted flying for our pilots the entire week. Flying will begin each day at 8:00am and conclude at darkness. All flying will be done from the main runway (5000 ft).Sponsored by Jet Central for 2013 aretwo "BigTops" (40X200) next to the maintaxiway (600ft). The additional 80ft in each tent will be available as rental space, therefore eleminating the needfor smaller tents on the taxiway.Also for 2013 will be a 40X200 Big Top parallel to the runway in the grass area. This Big Top will give pilots a clear unobstructed view of all flying. A transport vehicle will be located at this tent for moving aircraft to the flight line. Each of these additional spaces will be offered as 10X40 (front to rear)reserved near the front, offering plenty of choices for individual needs. Pilots needing more space can rent as many sections as they need. If the entire 10X40 is not needed, each pilot is free to split the250.00 costwith anyone willing to share.Pilots who rented space last year, will have first preferance for the10X40 slots (8 to 10 degreescooler than smaller tents). Anyone needing tents with sides, will have to rent the usual 40X40 and ect. (not on the taxiway). The remaining 120ft of the"Big Tops"will still be available as free pilot space for pre-registered pilots, with2012 attendeeshaving their same place.We have plenty of space for all, so those new tothe event shouldn't worry. Pop up tents are also welcome, andwill be placed perpendicular to theeast side Big Topin the grass area.No pop tents will be allowed on the taxiway or in between the Big Top Tents and the runway. Vendors Rowlike last yearis perpendicular to thewest Big Top (grass area). We'll have additional pilot space in the new 40X200 tent located in the grassy area west of the taxiway.10 slots in this tents will be premium rental space, and the remaining will be free pilot space. Pilots with free space will not have the entire slot to themselves. Depending on the number of aircraft, two or three pilots will share these accomodations. Pilots inall rental slots may choose to divide their slotswith friends, or remain private.
Even more prizes, awards,and surprises for our pilots this year! A "Jet Central Surprise",Four JR Radios,Donated Kits andAccessories, money (50-50 drawing),Friday Night Dinner (free to registered pilots), Saturday Night Awards Dinner (again only 10.00per person), 28 awards,ParadeofLights, Fireworks, T-28 Special, Fighter Jet Showdown, Sport Jet Showdown, Mass Habu Launch,and much more!
Special Thanks to the City of Lebanon, Ky, TheLebanon Tourist & Convention Commission, and the Lebanon Springfield Airport.
Pre-Registration-50.00, On Site-60.00(must register by June 1st to keep your reserved tent space from last year) Regular Pre-registration deadline June 25th.
Click on the link to register online, or download the form to mail in.
Make all checks payable to JetsOver Kentucky
2.00fee added for online registrations
DVD / Blu-RayJetsOver Kentucky 2012 Now Available.
The official Jets Over Kentucky DVD is available now. Definitelyour best video yet! Click on the Video Trailer for a peek at the...
"Worlds Grandest Jet Event"
$19.99 for DVD and $21.99 Blu-Ray
Photos from Mitchell's Photography can be seen for the very first time in this thread. The Mitchell 2012DVD is now available.
All New Photos
To Order 2012 Photo DVD...
3165 Chelsea Circle
Ann Arbor, MI
Reserve your rooms now! Rooms are expected to go very quickly! The Hampton is only 4 miles south of the airport. There are plentyhotels available for the event...thelonger you wait...the longer the drive.
The Hill House B&Bis approximately 13 miles from the airport. This is a gorgeous b&b with themed rooms.The Hill House is not listed on our Web site but you can get all the info athttp://www.thehillhouseky.com/.
Myrtledene Bed & Breakfastis about 4.5 miles from the airport and Holly Hill Inn is about 5 miles from the airport.
520 Fairway Dr.
â–ºFrom Centre Square, drive north on KY 55/Spalding Ave. 4.5 miles to Airport Lane.
â–ºTurn right onto Airport Lane and the Lebanon-Springfield Airport is straight ahead.
**Find directions to Lebanon from your town under the About Us tab!
Centre Squareis the visitor center in downtown.
650 Airport Lane
FAA INFORMATION EFFECTIVE 17 DECEMBER 2009
|FAA Identifier: ||6I2 |
|Lat/Long: ||37-38-00.5170N / 085-14-30.6170W |
37-38.008617N / 085-14.510283W
37.6334769 / -85.2418381
|Elevation: ||866 ft. / 264.0 m (surveyed) |
|Variation: ||03W (1990) |
|From city: ||3 miles S of SPRINGFIELD, KY |
|Time zone: ||UTC -5 (UTC -4 during Daylight Saving Time) |
|Zip code: ||40069 |
Jets Over Kentucky 2012 Award Winners
- Vernon Kramer "Award of Excellence" ======Jet Central==Phil Nuza-BVM F-100
- Contest Directors Award=============Giant Model Products==Jonathan Smith
- Top Gun ======================Global Jet Club=====Ali Machinchy
- Johnny Hernandez Memorial====Knight Walker Productions Inc.=Andy Andrews
- Barry "Doc" Grove Memorial===Lewis "The General"Patton==Pablo Fernandez
- Engineering Excellence====Jet Central===Lance Campbell / Jerry Crow-SR 71
- Best Sport Performance 1==========King Tech USA========Raul Lozano
- Best Sport Performance 2=====Jets Over KY=======Larry Kramer==King Cat
- Best Military Performance 1 ===========Robart Mfg.=Scott Marr===Hawk
- Best Military Performance 2 ============Robart Mfg.====Pablo Fernandez
- Best Craftsmanship====Fly Eagle Jets===Lance Campbell / Jerry Crow=SR-71
- Best Military Jet 1 ===Details For Scale======Lance Campbell / Jerry Crow=SR-71
- Best Military Jet2 ==========Jackie Sacks======Scott Marr==Hawk
- Best Military Jet 3 ======Best Sport Performance=======B1 Bob==F=14
- Best Military Jet 4=========Jets Over KY========David Murray=T-33
- Pilots Choice ======================Global Jet Club==Jim Martin-F-14
- Future Young Superstar (15 or younger) ====Boli Muentes====Jake Bottit
- Best Sport Jet ==============Jet Central USA======Richard Curry-Bandit
- Best Sport Electric Jet ==================BVM======Bob Voilett
- Best Civilian Jet ======================Wren Turbines=Ed Ritsko
- BestLightsElectric ===================Jets Over KY=Louie Klenke
- BestLightsTurbine ================ElectroDynamics=Ed Ritsko
- Farthest Distance Traveled=============Enthuzes===Raul Lozano (Spain)
- Jet Central Surprise ==============Jet Central=Lance Campbell-SR-71
- Best Scale Electric Jet ========Jets Over Kentucky======Ray Gonzalez
- Rookie Of The Year===================Global Jet Club=Lee Atchinson
- Most Flights====================Wren Turbines==Boli Muentez
- Special Recognition=====Gong Award====Jim McEwen=Bob Klehnke
- Special Recognition====Achievement======Wren Turbines===Boli Muentes
- Special Recognition====Achievement==Jets Over KY==========Mark Ator
- Special Recognition===Achievement==Jets Over KY========Rafael Marte
- Special Recognition==Achievement=====Jets Over KY====Shelby Storrie
- Special Recognition==Achievement==Jets Over KY======Marvin Alvarez
- Special Recognition=====Achievement=====Jets Over KY=======Ken Chen
- Special Recognition=====Achievement=====Jets Over KY======RC Pete
- Special Recognition=====Achievement=====Jets Over KY===Eddie Lozono[/list]
Note: 2012 Sponsors have first choice to retain their sponsorships for 2013
Awards are 75.00 each. Contact Lewis Patton for information...