Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

If they are not doing something right, would they have the fund developing their own turbine engines, T12, T16, and T18 in addition to other planes?
Mike

Sorry China funding research? No they just blatantly rip-off and copy...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: jetpilot
Matt,
I see your using Disco's math regarding turbine pricing!

Scott
Disco knows the difference between Nickel and Iron, but I see you obviously don't!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel

Inconel is on average 70% Nickel, but ahh there all metals right? Just like they are all planes, Ultra Lightning, Ultra Bandit same thing
Theres no battling an internet Champion!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Disco,

These T12,16,18 engines have internal ECU, valves, backlight GSU, and different sizes comparing to other turbine engines. I am sure they are not "blatantly" copying other company's turbines. In Europe there are many similar turbine engines. Are they copying each others? Turbine technology now is like Linux. The technologies used are commonly available and not copyrighted, it's a 1930 technology + some basic 1970 electronic control logics. Any one can come up with their own turbines.

My point is that it's so unfair to a Chinese company who's developing something for our jet community and got badged for being a copy cat while they have not violated patents or copyrights. I have 10 different types of turbines. they all share many similarities and minor differences. Are they all copycats?

I am strongly against any stereotypical accusation of "blatantly" copying. if they violate any patents or copyrights, then let the original owners of the design speak out and prove that their rights are violated.

I am evaluating JL products based on their innovation, performance, price, and service. So far, they have offered us RTF Vipers with engines, servos, L/G, all installed for roughly less than $5K. I think it's a great achievement in making our jets more affordable. I hope they can bring out great quality turbines and be successful with them after they've learned the art of better customer service.

Mike
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Mylo

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for detailing the main differences between the two versions.

It’s great to see this technology applied in our hobby. I’m also mindful that these new composite materials can behave quite differently and should be properly tested for each application.

I’ve also noticed from the photos that the fuselage nose is removable for easier access up the front. It would also appear from a previous thread initiated by William, that the rudder servo has been relocated to a higher position in the fin.

Do you know whether either of the abovementioned items were an issue on the previous version? I have an all-white gel coated F16 and I’m assessing whether it’s worthwhile making the same mods.

Regards,
George
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi George,

If you have the earlier version F16, then you definitely need to modify the rudder servo locations. There were reports of flutters at high speed with the original set up. It's not worth risking a plane.

Mike
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Mylo

Thanks Mike.

I knew there was a problem on the earlier Skymaster version, but I wasn’t aware that JL had the same issue.

William - Do you have any more photos to share of the new version?

Regards,
George
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 AM
keweiliang

Hi George,
Please review my post earlier,maybe can help you.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11333242/tm.htm

William