Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Best DUAL Turbine setup for Fly Eagle Jets 1:6 120

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: bcovish

As per the AMA, there are no waiver holders in Baton Rouge LA

I will contact AMA to find out what is going on, but That list doesn't show Eddie Weeks either who was flying jets back in 1998 probably before jet pilot even held a radio. My situation is a little screwed up because my AMA no. used to be 818187 but they changed it to 70810 (zipcode) (was out of for 3 years), I need to find out which number they have it assigned to.
    Like others, I'm curious to. Do you have a AMA card? It should show your waiver number on it. Please share. Mine is 877368. Also, jets have been around a lot longer than 1998. I own a jet that competed in 1998 and won the USA Scale Masters competition. Disco, please know that the forum you have chosen to participate in is made up of people (probably 99% of them here) who have AMA turbine waivers. So please don't be surprised when the majority of folks here question your level of experience in participating in this forum as an authoritative person in the subject of Jets.

Most of the guys here would be more than willing to help you out. But I keep reading your posts thinking, where is this guy getting his facts? Have you ever flown a turbine jet?

Thanks,
    Andy
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy he already posted his number.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: essyou35

Disco, I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting crap and was even turned into the AMA for not having a waiver, when I did in fact. Just because your name is not on the list does not mean you have a waiver, the AMA does try to get it up to date but its not like they drop everything they are doing and update it. My name took a couple months to show up and I recieved nothing but hate while flying from people hundreds of miles away from me. Also there are numrous people on the list who havent flown in years. I know people who should not have a waiver at all that are on that list as they dont even own jets.

So that waiver list is not accurate.
    True, the list isn't up to the minute current. BUT, he should have a AMA card with a AMA combined number if he has a waiver. Without this he can't participate in any AMA sanctioned events. Now if the card got lost in the mail etc. AMA can fax a copy of the card or the number to show that he is waivered. I had to to this on my first Jet Rally.
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Disco, I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting crap and was even turned into the AMA for not having a waiver, when I did in fact. Just because your name is not on the list does not mean you have a waiver, the AMA does try to get it up to date but its not like they drop everything they are doing and update it. My name took a couple months to show up and I recieved nothing but hate while flying from people hundreds of miles away from me. Also there are numrous people on the list who havent flown in years. I know people who should not have a waiver at all that are on that list as they dont even own jets.

So that waiver list is not accurate.
    True, the list isn't up to the minute current. BUT, he should have a AMA card with a AMA combined number if he has a waiver. Without this he can't participate in any AMA sanctioned events. Now if the card got lost in the mail etc. AMA can fax a copy of the card or the number to show that he is waivered. I had to to this on my first Jet Rally.

I dont know what your point is he already posted his number. I am NOT saying he has a waiver, I am just saying the list doesnt mean jack. I experienced this first hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy he already posted his number.
    He said that's what it USED to be. Not that it is what it currently is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Disco what is your last name? Since there is some question why not settle this right now? Here is the link to check:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membershipquery.aspx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I clearly posted both of the numbers, I talked with AMA they are fixing the situation and re-sending my card, I'm going to OPT out of having my name on the list because its way off there are at least 5 other active turbine waivers on that list in my local area, non show up on that list, I have been a member since 2004, nice way to hijack the thread by the AMA wanna-be police

Thanks for Scott Marr for his concern, I have taken the liberty of faxing his posts where is boasting flying at 250 mph over to the AMA, I'm sure they'll have a nice talk with him since he is so concerned about the rules.
    \"Hi,You are 100% correct but are also 100% wrong... \"
    - rcflip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Disco what is your last name? Since there is some question why not settle this right now? Here is the link to check:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membershipquery.aspx

Sorry Andy, I'm not playing this game BUT I PMED YOU THE INFO, if you want you can call AMA and verify the numbers; look back at the post I have both my numbers on there, I sent my waiver papers along with the intro pilot papers, they renewed my intro pilot but for some reason the paperwork for the waiver got put into the intro-pilot bin hence the mixup; Ama for some reaosn has 2 numbers on file for me, I'm sure that's adding to the confusion.
    - rcflip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You don't need to own a jet to have a waiver.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OH I misread it, I thought he said it changed to his zip code which I guess doesnt make sense, my apologies. He dont need to post anything IMO. There's ALOT of hate towards new turbine waivers and I hate to see it go on.
    Disco you going to Kentucky jets? If so PM me lets get a spot near each other.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dubd

You don't need to own a jet to have a waiver.

Last I checked you had to keep a log of the number of flights you have, and suppose to meet a min number of flights per some time limit. Sure you can fly your buddy's jet but the people I speak of dont do that.

Are you saying the rules changed?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think its just one of those things you are supposed to do but no one always does, kind of like range check, your supposed to do it every time but I tell you 9/10 people don't after there maiden flight.
    - rcflip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ashan Shams is going to fax stuff to AMA regarding me doing 250!! lol your funny!! Now your the AMA spoke model citizen!! laughable!!
    going to keep your name off the list huh? right!!
    lets see how fast you can get your waiver done now!!
    show your ama card or turbine waiver card. its not that hard.
    Scott
    Scott Marr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ashan Shams
    heres my waiver number and ama number for your fax
    waiver #680
    ama #614799
    Scott Marr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What the hell is "Ashan Shams"?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy,

I private messaged you the information, so you could verify and sent you BOTH numbers. I also explained that I sent the information with intro-pilot paper work, which they renewed but did not renew this because of: 1, they assigned it to the wrong ama number or 2, they have mis-fileld under the wrong department (intro-pilot)

my card ony shows intro-pilot, so I'm asking them to re-send it. I never had a problem with joining the AMA, my comment was concerning the burecracy of getting jets certified after a certain weight and other restrictions targeted towards jet aircraft.
    - rcflip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What the hell is ''Ashan Shams''?
    DiscoWings
    Bob-O
    I Crashed All My Planes, Can I Fly Yours

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ashan Shams, please show us where I boasted doing 250 mph. I dont even own a jet that will go that fast wide open for two full circuits.
    anyone that knows me and seen me fly knows i dont fly fast.
    nice try again!
    Scott
    Scott Marr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know one thing for sure, if you don't have ama/waiver you don't fly in Houston or in Austin
    Bob-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not true at all. I just got my turbine waiver last year before Florida jets and have had a very warm welcome where ever I go. But then again I don't go around telling people with lots of experience how to do things. You need to come into turbines with an open mind and willing to learn. No one likes a no it all that has -0- experience.

BTW Essyou since you think I don't fly and when I do its on trainers how about at Kentucky jets this year we see who burns the most jetA that week in scale planes.

OH I misread it, I thought he said it changed to his zip code which I guess doesnt make sense, my apologies. He dont need to post anything IMO. There's ALOT of hate towards new turbine waivers and I hate to see it go on.
    Disco you going to Kentucky jets? If so PM me lets get a spot near each other.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gunradd

BTW Essyou since you think I don't fly and when I do its on trainers how about at Kentucky jets this year we see who burns the most jetA that week in scale planes.
    Intersting how you take insult to that.... No idea why but musta hit a nerve.

One fact is for certain, I will definately burn more Kero than you because I use kingtechs!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oops. Me bad
    Bob-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone seen Anthony.... His thread was totally hijacked.... Sorry Guy.
    Cincinnati Jet Club

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm just sitting back and reading...I appreciate the help and the input...I myself am a noob to turbines...and do not have a waiver yet...

I definitely am no expert on Turbine jets so i expect that i will be doing a lot of reading and spending a lot of time with my local turbine flyers to learn....as well as reading these threads here on RCU.

I have been flying RC helis for about 15 years and tinkered with planes here and there...but have always wanted to get into turbines...I'm guessing it will be a while before I am doing any real flying of these turbine jets I am having built for me

I am a pretty Decent 3d Heli pilot so I'm hoping some of those skill translate into jets....thanks for the help guys ...it's much appreciated

Anthony

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast