Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

for fiberclassics Mig 29 builders

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

for fiberclassics Mig 29 builders

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: for fiberclassics Mig 29 builders

Hello Everyone,

I recently acquired a FC Mig 29 #15 " Thanks for the Great Deal Tam " I have been searching the forums for the past two days and I have seen mention of a large Builders Thread and I think this is it. It looks like this thread has been quiet for a while; has anyone had any luck with finishing their Migs???

Does anyone know if any external stores/weapons/pylons have been created? I ran across one post but I have not been able to see any pictures.

By the way I was very fortunate to acquire one of Arden's incredible Mig cockpit kits; from what I understand only three were created. Today I also purchased the cockpit moulds; this is by far the best example of a scale cockpit kit that I have seen. I am currently creating these kits and will offer a fully painted version soon. After speaking with Arden from what I understand he sold the kits for 1000.00 USD because it takes over a week just to manufacture the parts alone. I think I will be able to reduce that price but before I can commit to a specific price I need to finish a few kits so I have a better understanding of the amount of work that is involved.

Here a link that shows a few pictures of this cockpit but please note that not all of the parts are shown because I am still finishing up the first kit; I will send an update in a week or so:

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3494704/tm.htm[/link]

I am glad I found this thread; lots of great information, hopefully we will see more updates and successful flights soon.

Take Care

David.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:55 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

My Mig was flying last Saturday. Only one flight due engine problem (compressor rub) but it flew perfectly. Now to fit it with the Hausl pump to speed up gear operation times. This is great flying model and all the problems have been solved.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
shockwave

Hey David,

Do you if anyone created a build blog that details the modifications discussed such as the Landing Gear,Full length Intakes, Elevators Etc? It seems that this thread was going strong and then nothing for about 2.5 years? I am really looking forward to getting my Mig in the air along with my Friend at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

David.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
shockwave

After doing some searching through the forums I have seen mention of some builders putting together scale parts such as antennas/ little details, mud guards for nose wheel, external weapons, fuel tanks and hardpoints; could someone please let me know who I need to contact for these parts?

I am also looking for paint ideas/documentation; I am interested in the East German Paint scheme ( green and Brown camo with yellow accents).

If anyone has any info for these items that would be awesome!

Thanks again.

David.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
loucel-RCU
My Feedback: (57)

shockwave,
Take a look at this book, it is full of pictures and info, lots of color schemes

MIKOYAN MIG-29, By Yefin Gordon , ISBN 1857802314

Roberto
Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Paul Buckrell
My Feedback: (2)

Hi David (shockwave)

Ralle at Tailormadedecals has made all the decals for the East German aircraft 604 of JG3 "Vladimir Komarov" based at Preschen Air Base that you mention. This aircraft had a special paint scheme for the final flight of a MiG-29 in the GDR on 27.09.90. The aircraft became 29+01 in the Luftwaffe. Although I have not ordered my set yet Ralle has sent me pdfs of the East German logo and the squadron insignia on the left fin that he has created and the detail is perfect. Ralle has gone to a lot of tropuble to make this set collecting photos from various sources and visiting museums. He has one Russian scheme in stock that I thought he could base "604" on but he told me that the Cyrillic lettering was not "good" enough for my MiG-29 and he has created a Cyrillic stencil font to make all the black lettering details. He also has the East German paint codes and formulas and can mix all the colours for you. I will be asking him to do that for me, but can't see myself really getting back onto my MiG project until next June/July or so. I've got a 1/5 scale P-51D to finish first.

Regards
Paul
Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 PM
shockwave

Roberto,

Thanks for the Book Info; I will look into it.

Are you currently working on a FC Mig?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
David Gladwin

Hi Paul and david, I reviewed this book in RCJI a year or so ago. It is THE book for Mig builders. My Mig flew beautifully last week in Australia. ,
Regards, David Gladwin.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
shockwave

Thanks for the information Paul I appreciate it.

I am going to put together some pictures of my mig tomorrow for the group to review; hopefully I can avoid some of the problems that others have experienced.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
ossie

Dave, in reply to your PM,
Another great source of information is a CD called "Unveiled Secrets No. 1 : Mig-29" produced by company in Slovakia named KREATIV-Multimedia.
Cheers
Ken
Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 AM
loucel-RCU
My Feedback: (57)

David,
I currently have the smaller kit, made in germany,1.7 scale, And I'm collecting lots of info on the MIG 29

Regards Roberto.

Ken,
Yes that is another good source of info,
Old 12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Paul Buckrell
My Feedback: (2)

A book with 8 photos of JG3 "604" is: Final Touchdown The Last Days of East German Airpower by Hans Nijhuis. ISBN 962-361-703-8, Copyright 1992. Publisher: Concord Publications Co, 603-609 Castle Peak Road, Kong Nam Industrial Building, 10/F, B1, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong. All photos in this book were taken by Hans Nijhuis unless otherwise stated. Many of the photos in the book can be obtained as original slides . Send request for information to: Top Slides, PO Box 157, 7570 AD Oldenzaal, The Netherlands.

Other MiG-29 references not already memtioned are:

Aircraft Profiles Volume 3 available from Modellsport Verlag GmbH, Floesserweg 1, D-76530 Baden-Baden, Germany. Tel +49 7221 95210

Mig-29 Soviet Superfighter, Jon Lake, 1999, ISBN 0-85045-920-6. Publisher Osprey, London

Mikoyan MiG-29 A/C Fulcrum, Lock On No.19. Copyright 1993 by Verlinden Publications, Belgium.

MiG-29 Fulcrum by Jay Miller. Aerofax Extra 2. Copyright 1991. ISBN 0-942548-50-7

MiG-29 All Variants. Bilingual English/Czech. ISBN 80-900708-7-6. Published by 4+ Publishing Co, PO Box 27, 19821 Prague, Czech Republic
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys.....My name is Peter Weiss....and yes Ihave built the F/C Mig-29

Retract system works perfect (old system). I have posted several posts here on RCU regarding the plane from all aspects including the test flight report ..feel free to look them up and enjoy.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
mujeeb

Hi George,
keep it up with F86. I have the source to make available actual F 86 aircraft, if somebody is keen.You may contact +923215387811. I have original gun blast panels (one each left and right).

Any required dimension may be asked

Reagrds
M R Khan
Old 08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Marvinf14
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:-)
Old 07-23-2016, 08:28 AM
David Gladwin

My Mig flew again today, it all worked perfectly. The gear problems are now history, it all works.
I fitted a camera under the nose to record the gear operation, absolutely perfect. It's only been about 17 years since I acquired the kit, but it see it in flight today made it worthwhile ! If you have one, perhaps unfinished, get it done !
David.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:07 AM
gustavo Campana
My Feedback: (1)

Congratulations David, is an amazing model. Can you tell me if you had to trim aileron right?
Old 07-24-2016, 02:34 AM
David Gladwin

Thanks Gustavo, it is indeed an incredible model. Just a little right trim with very small pitch trim changes required. In all other resects handling was delightful.
It had a camera (Mycro cam) under the belly to record gear operation. Up transit time was 4.5 seconds even in a turn with about 60 degrees of bank (2G). Down time was 4 seconds so all appears to be unaffected by airflow or G.

The camera did not show main gear door operation but that will be done next week.

The data from the Weatronics log showed average current consumption at around 1.5 amps, not a lot. Stab servos are JR 6311 HVs, just a single one on each stab.

LE and TE flaps are operative but at the moment, intake ramps and speedbrake are inop. locked in position. LE and TE flap operation is synchronized as per fullsize.

As a lot of noseweight is needed I may add a second Hyd pump to operate the ramps and brakes and be switcheable to act as an alternative supply to the gear in the event of primary pump failure.

I will need to re-examine wheel brakes as they are very ineffective.

All Festo fittings (dozens of them) remain leakfree and the Hausl system retains its air precharge indefinitely.

Over the winter it will be repainted and cockpit and missiles added and ramps and speedbrakes activated as well as the brake chute.

The hyd pump is powered by one ECU battery (JetCat LiFe, it has two 140RXIs) Pump operation shows very little voltage drop and engine operation is normal.

So glad I stuck with it, a challenge, but all now seems worthwhile.

regards,

David.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Subscribed... new to the club
Old 09-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Chris Nicastro

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Thanks Gustavo, it is indeed an incredible model. Just a little right trim with very small pitch trim changes required. In all other resects handling was delightful.
It had a camera (Mycro cam) under the belly to record gear operation. Up transit time was 4.5 seconds even in a turn with about 60 degrees of bank (2G). Down time was 4 seconds so all appears to be unaffected by airflow or G.

The camera did not show main gear door operation but that will be done next week.

The data from the Weatronics log showed average current consumption at around 1.5 amps, not a lot. Stab servos are JR 6311 HVs, just a single one on each stab.

LE and TE flaps are operative but at the moment, intake ramps and speedbrake are inop. locked in position. LE and TE flap operation is synchronized as per fullsize.

As a lot of noseweight is needed I may add a second Hyd pump to operate the ramps and brakes and be switcheable to act as an alternative supply to the gear in the event of primary pump failure.

I will need to re-examine wheel brakes as they are very ineffective.

All Festo fittings (dozens of them) remain leakfree and the Hausl system retains its air precharge indefinitely.

Over the winter it will be repainted and cockpit and missiles added and ramps and speedbrakes activated as well as the brake chute.

The hyd pump is powered by one ECU battery (JetCat LiFe, it has two 140RXIs) Pump operation shows very little voltage drop and engine operation is normal.

So glad I stuck with it, a challenge, but all now seems worthwhile.

regards,

David.
Sounds great David, congratulations on the project.
I just acquired a new kit and it's pretty amazing. I think I'm looking into Matrix Machine for their pneumatic retract set after going thru the hydro kit included.

I'm looking forward to any info, pics, tips and video you can post!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:27 AM
David Gladwin

Welcome to the thread. I Think we do here what RCU is supposed to be all about, exchanging info to assist us to make our models better, safer and more reliable, no BS or politics.

There is another thread running too, perhaps the mods could merge them.

Keep going with your Mig, it is an amazing machine, and as I found recently, it can cope with an engine failure at a most critical time, low speed, gear down, full power and just a few feet off the ground !

David.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Chris Nicastro

Agreed!
I can care less about the clicks and drama, I graduated High School many years ago!

Your trial by fire is proof positive it's a great model.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, does anyone have any info on the Matrix gear, like cost etc? I have finished my first mig with the hydraulic setup but an air system with mechanical locks would be a lot easier to set up if it works. I have a second one to build......
Old 09-07-2016, 03:24 AM
gustavo Campana
My Feedback: (1)

Try
HP-Tech GmbH
Maria Buch 4a/2
8750 Maria Buch
AUSTRIA
www.hptech.at
[email protected]

My mig has this system, work perfect.
Gus
Old 09-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks. They are the contact details for Peter Hausl. I have his hydraulic system in my Mig too and it does work very well. I was just interested to see if anyone has any experience with the Matrix pneumatic gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.