Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Heads Up Display

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Heads Up Display

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up Display

http://youtu.be/CpcPftoiyUw
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 PM
JK13

Default RE: Heads Up Display

Bookmarked this one - incredible!
That is really great!

Joe
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any flickering or "scanning " on any of the videos of the HUD or MFD screens does not actually appear on the product when viewed. I just wanted to mention that this is only an anomaly that appears in videos because frame rate/capture techniques of some digital cameras ..

The resolution and appearance on all of the screens is absolutely crisp clear [8D]

also, IFlyTailies currently had some of these HUD's in stock ready to ship. perfect for jets like the F-16 or A10 , etc, for that even greater sense of scale realism

Wojtek
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Carbon-Customs

great, but the screen is 40mm wide? - thats like 1:3 / 1:4 scale? not many jets in that size?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Carbon-Customs

great, but the screen is 40mm wide? - thats like 1:3 / 1:4 scale? not many jets in that size?

HUD measures 1.5" x 2.5" wit an available active display of 1.25 x 1.5" So yes, its more appropriate for the larger aircraft. This is the smallest transparent screen in production and this is the limiting factor for now. .. If you look at the original quick video i had put up a few weeks ago, you can see how it would look in a 1:5 scale cockpit from a SM MB339. The bigegr hawks , F-16s, ets are the perfect candidates for these, however many 1/6 jets even will look great with this HUD also.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKomR2ad8Y8[/youtube]

I will have a smaller HUD option finished up in a few more weeks that will be great for the smaller planes, however it will not be digital.

Wojtek