Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why was my SkyMaster F-18 for sale pulled?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why was my SkyMaster F-18 for sale pulled?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 PM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why was my SkyMaster F-18 for sale pulled?

My ad has disappeared from the Jet Classifieds without a trace. I paid for a featured spot and added pics to it.
Nothing fishy about this Jet or whats included. The price was within reason.
Just wondering if a moderator can investigate this, as no reason was given.
$4000.00 with Jet Cat P-120 installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kojgu...xOQx8yW9M0hJCQ

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Flynstuff
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why was my SkyMaster F-18 for sale pulled?

Might have been from the use of the youtube link to promote the sale?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

That is a very reasonable price...and why not a video of the product? As long as the video was of the jet and not of something else...what a GREAT AD.

Probably a mistake...I'm looking at your jet...might have to tell some folks about this one!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: P. Richards

My ad has disappeared from the Jet Classifieds without a trace. I paid for a featured spot and added pics to it.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Asking here in the Jet Forums, nor asking Forum Moderators, is not the proper channel to discover why you ad was pulled. The Forum Moderators, nor myself as Forum Manager, have nothing to do with what goes on in the Marketplace as the Marketplace is totally separate from the Forums. The best way to find out what happened to you ad would be to send a message to our Marketplace Manager, John Neff. His username is JWN and if you send him a PM I'm pretty sure he will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you.

Ken

Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

The best way to find out what happened to you ad would be to send a message to our Marketplace Manager, John Neff. His username is JWN and if you send him a PM I'm pretty sure he will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you.
So how would someone glean the information you just offered without first asking a mod or starting a thread?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One would think that paying for a featured ad that was published would at least afford you the common courtesy of having the moderator or administrator contacting you before the ad was yanked.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Jim Cattanach

I would be extremely annoyed if an ad, I had paid for got pulled & no explanation was given.
Such conduct, is the height of IGNORANCE.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

P. Richards,
Your ad was not removed by our staff or you would have been sent an email stating so. Also, you can still find your ad on the My Ads page of the My Market area of the marketplace.

Your ad deactivated because it ran its normal 2 week listing period. All ads run for 2 weeks unless you elected to extend the listing period at the time you create it.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

wow time flys, did not realize that it's been 2 weeks I definately want to extend it.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: RBardin

The best way to find out what happened to you ad would be to send a message to our Marketplace Manager, John Neff. His username is JWN and if you send him a PM I'm pretty sure he will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you.
So how would someone glean the information you just offered without first asking a mod or starting a thread?
I'm not trying to be a smart-allec, but asking for help here in Forums for problems in Marketplace is sort of like going to Walmart and going to the Tire and Lube shop to ask a question about something in the Women's department. If you did that they would tell you the same thing I stated here, go ask them in the department for help. If you look at the layout of the Marketplace screen you will see a tab labeled "Help". Click on that and there is a section with an FAQ as well as a link to the Marketplace forum. John monitors that forum very closely and any question asked in there gets answered pretty quickly, and answered by the person that can give the correct answers.

Trust me when I say that I'm not trying to lessen your question in anyway, nor am I trying to put you down. But I wanted to answer you her so that others in the future will know the quickest way to get help in the Marketplace.

Hope this helps

Ken

Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 AM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Ken, I think you're a great mod, and definitely a positive presence here, hands down. I have no dog in this fight, but had to post what I did because it seems truly preposterous to come down in a heavy-handed way on member who was just looking for answers. I think it would have been more "diplomatic" on your part to have closed the thread, then PM'd PRichards and informed him that his ad was closed for whatever reason after finding out what the deal was. Publicly "reprimanding" a user who needs help isn't helpful. I disagree with your analogy, as there are throngs of threads about the marketplace in the forums. Anyway, thanks for your reply, have a nice day
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

ORIGINAL: P. Richards

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Asking here in the Jet Forums, nor asking Forum Moderators, is not the proper channel to discover why you ad was pulled. The Forum Moderators, nor myself as Forum Manager, have nothing to do with what goes on in the Marketplace as the Marketplace is totally separate from the Forums. The best way to find out what happened to you ad would be to send a message to our Marketplace Manager, John Neff. His username is JWN and if you send him a PM I'm pretty sure he will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you.

Ken

I agree that attempts should always be made to settle these issues behind the scenes but the biggest issue I have found is that it is actually quite difficult to find someone to contact (besides RC Ken). I happen to have John Neff's address on file but only because he was the one that replied to me some time ago on an advertising issue. Try and find a readily available 'contact list' on this site....it's not to be had........can't blame the OP for posting here in my opinion....Ron