Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RAM750PR start help

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RAM750PR start help

Old 04-23-2002, 08:45 PM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM750PR start help

Attempting to start mt 750PR for the first time on a test bench. First attempt blew the plug(set at 35 default) and it didn't ramp on the fuel because the lines were not full.
Question: What should the plug setting be? What's a good plug for replacement? I have some MC-9s.

How do I bypass the fuel solenoid in order to prime the lines from the pump to the engine? Any techniques out there?

I purchased this engine last April so it's not the new series.

Thanks
Jack
Old 04-23-2002, 09:16 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

To prime the fuel lines all you need to do is disconnect the fuel line from the engine at the festo connector between the fuel solenoid and the engine. Install a length of line to act as an overflow, then plug in the SDT and push the PMP control button. This will open the fuel solenoid and run the fuel pump. Run the pump until there are no air bubbles in the fuel line. Then reconnect the line to the engine and just tap on the PMP control button until fuel just enters the engine. It should now be ready to start.

Rossi R-8's are the best plugs, but MC-9's will work. On your version ECU lower the Glow Plug parameter to about 30. Try that and see if it will ignite on the propane. If not, just increase it by a couple until it does. Make sure you keep the gas cannister full why trying these starts. Keep in mind if you have a "C" ECU the glow plug adjustment is reversed. Lowering the number increases the "voltage" to the plug.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:24 PM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Default 750PR start help

Tony,
thanks for the quick reply. I am able to get the fuel to the solenoid, but not past. Checked the solenoid with my digital ohm meter and get 47ohms. Tapped it a bit but it does not open with the PMP pushed. My ECU is Ver A01E. SN 002-064. Something else to look at?

Jack
Old 04-24-2002, 04:07 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Make sure the solenoid is plugged into the ECU correctly. It is very easy to miss the pins in the ECU when you insert the connector. The other thing you can do is just eliminate the fuel solenoid. I don't use them in my models. I prefer the simplicity and increased reliability of a manual fuel shut-off. You just have to make sure you turn it off at the end of a run and before you fill the tanks again.