Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: omg worst jet build EVER *video*

Who built this thing Peter Griffin?
    Wonder Rather Than Doubt, Is The Root Of All Knowledge.
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #20
    P51 Mustang Brotherhood #30

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Carbon-Customs

ORIGINAL: Mark H

Good for him, this hobby is about putting in what you want to your ability and getting out what you want., not what others want or for others, I admire what he has done, at least he has done it and built it him self. It's called self satisfaction. Well done that man.
    just as long that his poor work dissent lead to his jet killing your child... then its ok...

that jet would NEVER be allowed to takeoff in Denmark
    Safety aside , I give the guy credit for his efforts as long as no one gets hurt. I don't think he would be allowed to fly in the US either .
    JetCat P120, JetCentral Super Eagle, Jet Legend L- 39
    Boomerang XL II, Futaba 14mz 2.4 ghz

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

somewhere between 1 week and 1 year is the sweet spot for building a jet.
    P-40 Brotherhood #112

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1  Mark H.
    Wap
    FEJ F14, Mig 29 & F15; Tam F16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WI53072

Who built this thing Peter Griffin?
    Or Homer Simpson

It's a hobby - keep it simple

www.332ndredtail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what is the problem? It flew and did not fall apart. I have seen worse builds and installations and so have you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flycatch

So what is the problem? It flew and did not fall apart. I have seen worst builds and installations and so have you.
    i have NEWER seen worse!
    Kasper H
    JetCat P300RX 1:5,5 F-16 - Better to have too much power and not need it, than need it and not have it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have to agree with some of you on certain things. as long as no one is getting hurt or killed, damaging property he should be allowed to fly. I do agree about safety you have to take in consideration where the flying location is and whats around it as well in that has to be taken in consideration.

Not every one has money like some of you do and have the best looking jets or afford a really good jet too. But as long as you are enjoying this great hobby thats the point of it all. But safety has to be considered at all times..
    I myself dont have the best looking jets or the fastest jet too but i love flying and model boating as well. I went from flying a PT 20 and 40 trainer planes ugly as they was to flying jets. in model boating i went from a slow ugly looking Tunnel hulls to a fast and expensive Multi engine hydro and with time i became a 2 time IMPBA national champion and currently hold 2 IMPBA world records as well.

one thing is safety and i agree with most of whats posted here as far as thats concerned but the other thing i dont agree with is publicly making fun of someone because their equipment is substandard or not as good as everyone else and crashes ect ect. thats not what the hobby is about.

Julian Conde
    Feibao Velox-Wren70*Carf Kangaroo-Jetcat P-70*CMP BAE Hawk-Jetcat P-20SE * IMPBA NATIONAL CHAMPION

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK it's a complete pile of carp but what a cracking landing! Sink rate perfectly judged and bang on the centre line.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well it not expensive to fasten the cables to the fuse and build the plane properly ?
    Kasper H
    JetCat P300RX 1:5,5 F-16 - Better to have too much power and not need it, than need it and not have it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: airwolf81

i have to agree with some of you on certain things. as long as no one is getting hurt or killed, damaging property he should be allowed to fly. I do agree about safety you have to take in consideration where the flying location is and whats around it as well in that has to be taken in consideration.

Not every one has money like some of you do and have the best looking jets or afford a really good jet too. But as long as you are enjoying this great hobby thats the point of it all. But safety has to be considered at all times..
    I myself dont have the best looking jets or the fastest jet too but i love flying and model boating as well. I went from flying a PT 20 and 40 trainer planes ugly as they was to flying jets. in model boating i went from a slow ugly looking Tunnel hulls to a fast and expensive Multi engine hydro and with time i became a 2 time IMPBA national champion and currently hold 2 IMPBA world records as well.

one thing is safety and i agree with most of whats posted here as far as thats concerned but the other thing i dont agree with is publicly making fun of someone because their equipment is substandard or not as good as everyone else and crashes ect ect. thats not what the hobby is about.

Julian Conde
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at it this way. I still remember my first 60 size helicopter that was critized for being so plain in appearence by the local helicopter snobs. No wonder why so many modelers are getting into foamies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flycatch

Julian Conde
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at it this way. I still remember my first 60 size helicopter that was critized for being so plain in appearence by the local helicopter snobs. No wonder why so many modelers are getting into foamies.
    Many good people leave the hobby because there made fun of, told their equipment is junk and ridiculed in public and on forums. i have never in the 15 years i been in the hobby done something like this and thats says alot about the people that do and find this funny.. you can have the best money can but and crash just as a model that does not have the best money can buy.. i have learned one thing about the hobby if you cant help the modeler or have something nice to say dont say anything..

Julian
    Feibao Velox-Wren70*Carf Kangaroo-Jetcat P-70*CMP BAE Hawk-Jetcat P-20SE * IMPBA NATIONAL CHAMPION

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At least he was smart enough to get a good test pilot. Was also smart enough to not do any crazy aerobatics.........................
    Great landing, one of the best I've seen here.
    His home made retracts work better than my $1895 set on my Panther........LOL
    Terry Holston,I Fly Jets
    I'm NOT speeding, I'm QUALIFYING!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I didnt see a single piece of ducttape. That thing looks dangerous. Hopefully nobody gets killed.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #114
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood # 37

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dasquirrelisme

I didnt see a single piece of ducttape. That thing looks dangerous. Hopefully nobody gets killed.

Look again, there was a small piece of duct tape under one of the flaps, I was wondering how the aileron would work with it in place...............
    Terry Holston,I Fly Jets
    I'm NOT speeding, I'm QUALIFYING!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Compare his smile with one of a pilot flying a $20K Chinese ARF. Tell any difference? Good for him!

Looks like the builder is having fun, and that's priceless. IMO, job well done![8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Julian Conde
    Right on Julian.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No need for that video here, I have seen that up close.

Enough said
    Carlos R.
    Go fly a Jet today.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thing is, I don't find jets expensive, I bought my JC Falcon turbine for £400, my radio gear was £200 inc servos, my lipo's are from HK and have never had a fault, my jet retracts are from HK and I've managed to build the jets myself to a professional quality, soo much so that I'll be selling them as kits in the near future!
    I've managed to build several jets for way under £1000 RTF and my fuel comes in bulk (kero28 as we have oil fired heating)

That Mig handles pretty well and the landing is superb but I truly think the guy has lacked some time on the overall build, remember that these things are guided missiles and if a wing join isn't up to scratch then this will be a crowd killer! Just take a look at what trainers do to a crowd, countless videos showing people being hit head on etc!

I just hope there aren't other people out there doing this, it's not funny, it's dangerous and I'm sure the BMFA / AMA would not approve of this kind of craftsmanship.

With regard to equipment, it was probably 25 years ago that I remember going out with my uncle and his scratch build Hawk with a Schreckling GT in it, he was flying that on some old futaba equipment which was current at that time but not once did he think it would be good to skimp on the plane itself as GT's back then were much more unpredictable as it was a new era for RC but think about using that kind of equipment in this day and age?. Funny how times have changed - end of rant!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

I'll say this, all three retracts went up and down, that puts it in a higher quality bracket than some of the Chinese stuff out there.
    The first start did sound kind of like a ducted fan starting up though lol.

I can't....dead....

Yellow Aircraft, JetCat Engines and Turn Key Jets
    yellowaircraftplanesdotcom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And everyone laughed whena guy brought out the lawnmower and snoopy's dog house, saying they would never fly!!! You have to admit, thattest pilot flew that plane and made it lookbetter than mosthigh dollar ARF's!!! talk about greasing a landing!!! If only we were all that good Oh, I also think i spotted a piece of grandmas rocking chair as a former....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At least he won't crash from a lockout.
    Don S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He built it from nothing. Took if off from the ground and landed it. I'd say it was good flying. Good modeling and a great day.

Roy.
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Appears the critics are getting a rebuttal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hooker53

He built it from nothing. Took if off from the ground and landed it. I'd say it was good flying. Good modeling and a great day.

Roy.
    I have to agree with this. Looked like it flew well too even though it might be a tad heavy. The pilot drove that sucker in.

I also think if I was in his shoes I might have a sneaking sense of superiority over those who just screw stuff into an ARTF and go fly.
    The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast