Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba R7008SB with 2 batteries

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba R7008SB with 2 batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
1ricardo
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R7008SB with 2 batteries

Hello,

I have a few questions:
1-) May I use 2 batteries to feed the receiver FUTABA R7000SB?
2-) May I plug one of those batteries on the SBUS2 plug?

And the reason for this doubt is that i was playing with the receiver and the batteries (2 Duralite A123 6.6V 2300Mah) And I notice that one was very charged and the other one almost empty and i notice that the Transmitter was showing 6.6V for the good battery and 5.0V for the empty battery.
And when i plugged both batteries the transmitter showed 6,4V.
So i wonder if one battery is draining the other one?!
Also do you guys think is better of just hook up both batteries in parallel and get 4600 mah out of them?

What type of instalation are you guys doing on large jets ( with this set-up, FUTABA, R7000SB and no power box) ?

Thanks for the help

Ricardo Baptista
Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Futaba R7008SB with 2 batteries

On all my planes, and my Ripmax/GJC Hunter I use a Fromeco Wolverine switch w/ dual A123's, no problems whatsoever. I ordered the switch from Fromeco w/ dual Deans connectors to the batteries and JR type connectors going into any two unused ports on my R7008SB rx... very happy w/ this setup.

Z
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM
stevekott

Whether you hook to the S.Bus2 port or any other servo port or "Y" it doesn't matter the batteries are in parallel. If one battery is lower than the other the one with the higher charge will "charge" or equalize the other battery until they are at the same voltage. Be careful they are not too far off, todays batteries can put out a lot of current and its possible to damage a wire or connector. Its best if they are both fully charged.

My favorite setup is 2 x 2300mah A123 packs with a Schotkey diode in series going to the R7008SB. In the unlikely event that one of the cells would short out on one of the packs the diode is like an electrical check valve that will keep the good battery from discharing to the bad battery. Any High current diode will work. The Schotkey's just are a little nicer as they run cooler and drop the voltage less. I actuall run two diodes in parallell to double the Amp capacity. They will handle a surge of up to 80amps.

Happy Flying,

Steve
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: jzuniga

On all my planes, and my Ripmax/GJC Hunter I use a Fromeco Wolverine switch w/ dual A123's, no problems whatsoever. I ordered the switch from Fromeco w/ dual Deans connectors to the batteries and JR type connectors going into any two unused ports on my R7008SB rx... very happy w/ this setup.

Z
+1 - perfect!

PaulD
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 AM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.smart-fly.com/Products/B...e/batshare.htm

http://www.fromeco.org/Products/04FRCWO-430s/