Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,
The trim "sticks" are held on with small adhesive disks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFEuH75SHk4

Replacing my 12X. I get paid on the 18th, sure hope they have a Carbon TX left!
BRG,
Jon
Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
There are no such a things as 81 available channels, that's misconception started by Futaba also there is no such a thing as "look/avoid" busy channels. EVERY radio in a order to be CE and FCC approved has to jump in pseudorandom configuration. We can not cheat Physics, you have "only" 16 available channels. Where Jeti is different is that system transmits more like original JR in DMSS pattern.
Thanks for the quick response. Your answer though, conflicts with information not only from Futaba but, from a number of other manufacturers. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I am confused because of the conflicting information.

I do know that with some systems (Weatronic for example) you have the option to reduce the # of channels that the system hops across in order to meet regional standards ( France for example has a smaller portion of the band available)

Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Jeti USA

No, France is already part of EU. Same CE standards, also from 2014 ALL rules are changing again. New systems must scan spectrum first before they start pumping energy into the air.

Trust me I have spend last 18 months dealing with FCC, we went thru hell with 8x different FCC certifications.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by F106A
John,
The trim "sticks" are held on with small adhesive disks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFEuH75SHk4

Replacing my 12X. I get paid on the 18th, sure hope they have a Carbon TX left!
BRG,
Jon
Thanks for the link. I guessed that would be how it was done.

John
Old 11-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple of videos that I did this morning that show the capabilities of DS16 telemetry, data storage and analysis of a turbine engine.

Gaspar
Monitoring the engine startup: http://youtu.be/qIGKPseXbPA
Engine run, data loging and displaying the data after a run: http://youtu.be/g7WJSvf3Lno
Old 11-30-2013, 12:05 PM
luv2flyrc

Originally Posted by Gaspar
A couple of videos that I did this morning that show the capabilities of DS16 telemetry, data storage and analysis of a turbine engine.

Gaspar
Monitoring the engine startup: http://youtu.be/qIGKPseXbPA
Engine run, data loging and displaying the data after a run: http://youtu.be/g7WJSvf3Lno
That is absolutely fantastic Gaspar! No more need for GSU. Is this a commercially available sensor or is it under development? Also, does it work with your older ECU ( the bigger one with the network type connector) or just the new small one with JR connector?

Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 PM
luv2flyrc

No, France is already part of EU. Same CE standards, also from 2014 ALL rules are changing again. New systems must scan spectrum first before they start pumping energy into the air.

Trust me I have spend last 18 months dealing with FCC, we went thru hell with 8x different FCC certifications.

Zb/Jeti USA
Thanks,

One more question. I see that there is a PPM output socket within the transmitter but, no info regarding its use. Can this be used to operate an external module such as the Weatronic unit? If so, how many PPM channels are there?

Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 01:54 PM
asimatt
My Feedback: (26)

If this system works as good as I hope it should all other manufactures need to step it up or they will be the next Kraft
Old 11-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Thanks,

One more question. I see that there is a PPM output socket within the transmitter but, no info regarding its use. Can this be used to operate an external module such as the Weatronic unit? If so, how many PPM channels are there?

Mike
Download the pdf manual and search, you will get all data. You have all 16 channels in PPM mode.
But why would you use Weatronic, you will looses Wireless programming and well as ALL the sensor options.
* Jeti Duplex DC-16 Instruction Manual (.pdf)

Zb/Jeti USA

This is new, since 2.20 Tx Update we have also PPM In

PPM Input Port for External Devices!!!
The DC-16 now comes fully equipped to deal with the demand of FPV head trackers with its PPM input port. The port can support up to 8 channels of throughput and is compatible with all Fat Shark and Carl Zeiss FPV Goggles. As always with the Jeti line of transmitters you can assign any of the PPM channels to any function of the transmitter, making the DS-16 and DC-16 one of the best transmitters available for FPV. (The head tracking module for Fatshark and Carl Zeiss must be purchased separately in order to utilize these features.)

The transmitter can handle up to 8 channels of the PPM input signal. The signal should be present on the pin No. 1 (the DC/DS-16 user manual calls this pin as reserved). To prevent any damage, you need to use the 3V logic level and protective elements on the input. Within the application you can assign any of the PPM channels to any function of the transmitter - use a standard control input selection dialogue. The PPM input is not linked with the trainer system in any way and works separately. Possible use in cooperation with head-tracking systems etc.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:54 PM
xxspeed
My Feedback: (5)

That is sooooooo cool I would ready like to know more about the way it works and what is needed to make it work and a flow chart for the set up. I also have a Jeti ds-16 and really like it, also have a MB-339 with a Kingtech Turbine K-180. Any more information you would add will be apprehended. Thanks Dave
Old 11-30-2013, 06:42 PM
luv2flyrc

Download the pdf manual and search, you will get all data. You have all 16 channels in PPM mode.
But why would you use Weatronic, you will looses Wireless programming and well as ALL the sensor options.
* Jeti Duplex DC-16 Instruction Manual (.pdf)

Zb/Jeti USA
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know it may sound odd, I'm heavily invested in Weatronic equipment but, I am growing tired of waiting for their transmitter, hence the concern about compatibility.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 11-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Gaspar

Hello Mike,

Is this a commercially available sensor or is it under development?
This is our JETI-FADEC adapter, production is finished, and we are now doing the last tweaks on the software, field testing and writing the manual. We will begin to ship probabilly in one week.

Also, does it work with your older ECU ( the bigger one with the network type connector) or just the new small one with JR connector?
At this moment the hardware we have produced is compatible only with the V10 ecus.

Gaspar
Old 12-01-2013, 06:40 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this isn't really the correct forum for this, but any chance there will also be a Spektrum compatible telemetry adapter offered for the Xicoy ECUs ?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Gaspar

Could be, but at this moment I don't have access to Spektrum equipment to test, not popular here.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:32 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gaspar,

does your telemetry module also work with the Kichtech "G" series of turbines? As far as I know, these also use your ECUs.

Thomas
Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

There are no such a things as 81 available channels, that's misconception started by Futaba also there is no such a thing as "look/avoid" busy channels. EVERY radio in a order to be CE and FCC approved has to jump in pseudorandom configuration. We can not cheat Physics, you have "only" 16 available channels. Where Jeti is different is that system transmits more like original JR in DMSS pattern.

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Thanks for the quick response. Your answer though, conflicts with information not only from Futaba but, from a number of other manufacturers. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I am confused because of the conflicting information.

I do know that with some systems (Weatronic for example) you have the option to reduce the # of channels that the system hops across in order to meet regional standards ( France for example has a smaller portion of the band available)

Mike
I think what Mike is referring to is Weatronics claim that their system uses 80 hopping frequencies, and incorporates adaptive frequency operation. (The word "Frequency" has a different meaning than the word "Channel")

My understanding of the Weatronics system is as follows.

Frequency hopping spread spectrum is defined in the 2.4 GHz band and operates in around 79 frequencies ranging from 2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz. Every frequency is GFSK modulated with channel width of 1MHz and rates defined as 1 Mbps and 2 Mbps respectively. The Weatronics system normally hops using the entire 80 or so frequencies.

Adaptive frequency hopping is employed when the system detects which of these 80 frequencies are busy, and then avoids “hopping” onto those frequencies, thereby improving the data signal.

Roger

Last edited by roger.alli; 12-04-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Gaspar

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Gaspar,

does your telemetry module also work with the Kichtech "G" series of turbines? As far as I know, these also use your ECUs.

Thomas
Yes, all V10 and newer ecus, all that use a servo lead to connect to data terminal.

Gaspar
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 AM
ash 26

Hi Gaspar

Will your system be compatible with Multiplex M-Link

thanks

Andy
Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Gaspar

Yes. it is.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 AM
ash 26

Great news thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 AM
xxq111

Hello!
Can I use "Telemetry adapter" on my VT80 turbine?

Regards
Sejenssen
Old 12-26-2013, 01:28 AM
xxq111

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Yes. it is.

Hello!
Can I use "Telemetry adapter" on my VT80 turbine?

Regards
Sejenssen
Old 12-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Gaspar

Yes, you can use on all Xicoy fadecs that connect to data terminal trough a servo lead.

Gaspar
Old 12-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Gaspar,
First off I love the telemetry adapter! Thanks for providing it to us!
I have noticed that the voice announcement for the remaining fuel is a "number" only and not "number %", i.e "one hundred" and not "one hundred percent". Is that intentional?
Chris
Old 12-27-2013, 04:16 AM
pjer64

Hi Gaspar,
Can I use "Telemetry adapter" on my IQ Hammer160+ turbine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.