Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ T-Shirts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ T-Shirts

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FEJ T-Shirts

Some guys here really do think they can make anything fly. Change everything but the skin huh? you know how ridiculous that sounds? spend $7K on kit and change everything but the skin?
How many airplanes have you had to Xray? Is that what you mean by triple check? Who owns a XRAY machine?
trying to get a company to man up for their f*ckups is childish huh?

you want a challenge?
PLease just for giggles get an F14 and fly it really hard(in the desert) and see if your still giggling.
$10K says you cant keep it in the air.
Scott
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Yup, I'm a troll! Now that's some funny stuff too.

There has been a proliferation of the Chinese ARF's over the course of the last several years, some factories churning out several new ''models'' over a short time period. Sorry that you guys have lost airplanes, and big dollars worth of ancillary gear. It sucks but it happens in this hobby. It's always a case of buyer beware, and unfortunately our hobby has gravitated away from building and to the instant gratification of flying some cool looking stuff. Every one of these Chinese companies has had numerous problems with their quality. I was part of one of these ''witch hunts'' several years back when a certain well known turbine company's engines were toasting rear bearings, shedding blades on turbine wheels and leaving tail ones on the runway at major events. (Incidentally one of my tail cones that departed is still used to put tires on BVM wheels). I still build my airplanes just because I want to know that the components used, and the structure is up to the task at hand. Your mileage may vary.....

DR
I hear you David. The challenge is sifting through the nonsense that the reps spew, especially when they call you "friend". It's a hard and expensive lesson learned.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]

I hear you David. The challenge is sifting through the nonsense that the reps spew, especially when they call you ''friend''. It's a hard and expensive lesson learned.
[/quote]

Why should you have to? When BVM asked me to rep for them the decision was easy, I didn't have to say anything, I help people with their BVM jets, and I FLY models that speak for themselves. I don't post much on here because I have found that there has always been a marked criticism of "reps" particularly by somewhat less experienced modellers. FWIW I don't want to see a model ending up in the crowd at any jet meet. Guess I'm just old school in my way of thinking, modeling is still about building models...... I don't want the Chinese junk.

DR
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dubd

I wonder how many jets have crashed due to stab failure.
Now THAT'S the $20,000 question!

I've wondered this myself, and stated such in your crash thread. Seems like there are a LOT of issues with "flying stabs" on Chinese ARF's....and in fairness, not just FEJ models, but others as well.

Sluggo
Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
jetpilot

shirts are in!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73075.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1875281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26800.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1875282  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got mine too!

Regards,

Jim

Name:	Hf99001.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1875284  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:27 PM
chadxp1
My Feedback: (2)

I am failry new to the hobby. I have a question to you Skymac about how one checks over the plane 100% when the plane has a beatiful cover (monokote or whatever) on it? I dont own a borescope to get way back into the tail section to look over everthing 100% and I dont think many would consider having a borescope as part of their toolbox. When you (I) order an ARF I would expect it to be airframe ready to fly? Is that asking to much? So please tell me how to check the insides of your plane without tearing the covering off?

Chad

ORIGINAL: Skymac

Yup, I'm a troll! Now that's some funny stuff too.

There has been a proliferation of the Chinese ARF's over the course of the last several years, some factories churning out several new ''models'' over a short time period. Sorry that you guys have lost airplanes, and big dollars worth of ancillary gear. It sucks but it happens in this hobby. It's always a case of buyer beware, and unfortunately our hobby has gravitated away from building and to the instant gratification of flying some cool looking stuff. Every one of these Chinese companies has had numerous problems with their quality. I was part of one of these ''witch hunts'' several years back when a certain well known turbine company's engines were toasting rear bearings, shedding blades on turbine wheels and leaving tail ones on the runway at major events. (Incidentally one of my tail cones that departed is still used to put tires on BVM wheels). I still build my airplanes just because I want to know that the components used, and the structure is up to the task at hand. Your mileage may vary.....

DR

VERY well said! You might as well put this whole bashing over on "topix" It's about the most childish thing I've seen in a long time. I've never had a FEJ but it's not to say I never will, but you can better believe if I do, only the skin will be FEJ. These airplanes are not coming over in the container "Turn-Key". It's should be well known that you had best triple check everything on these airframes no matter what brand it may be because they have all had their failures over the past few years. Bottom line is, you built it, your responsibility to insure it's 100% flight worthy... I've never had an ARF that I didn't check everything on, and to amazement I've never had sometime to self destruct in the air yet and I challenge you to fly harder than me.

I think if I get bored this fall I'll build a FEJ Tornado just for giggles, maybe a F14 if I win a few scratch offs... There's my troll post....
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM
jetpilot

FEJ is the bomb!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
jetpilot

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

I got mine too!

Regards,

Jim

Nice Jim!!
Scott

Name:	Da83238.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1875365  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

you gona do stickers like your avatar. about 4inch square would be right, i think.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Mine is here!

Name:	Zx72139.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1876080  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

aw, that's cute. Miine hasn't shown up yet..
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
side oiler
My Feedback: (24)

So you guys bought some unproven models, because they were cheap, then didn't inspect them to make sure they were flight worthy, then they crashed, and now you have a witch hunt going on? Classic, I love it!
So true!!!!!
Buyer beware, Some of you complainers should try more building and get away from the high $ ARF stuff. The shirts are the silliest thing I have ever scene.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Molnar142
My Feedback: (38)

Guys - Should we get a couple of these printed up while were at it?

Name:	Ay75869.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1880701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60509.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1880702  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

David, how is a $7000 model cheap? You must be doing back strokes in a swimming pool filled with $100 bills to scoff at $7000. The additional $13,000 worth of equipment was all top shelf too. I bought the plane because I believed what the rep told me about it's quality and durability. The fault here is in me trusting what someone who uses the word "friend" said about the product he was representing. And to repeat what has been said 100 times already, FEJ planes are the most expensive Chinese jets now.

Seems like your problem is really with Lowell Wexler who actually sold you the plane, and told you how great it flew, and that there were no problems. You are both in California, why don't you sue him? He has not had anything to say about this, has he?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: PhilYabelli

David, how is a $7000 model cheap? You must be doing back strokes in a swimming pool filled with $100 bills to scoff at $7000. The additional $13,000 worth of equipment was all top shelf too. I bought the plane because I believed what the rep told me about it's quality and durability. The fault here is in me trusting what someone who uses the word ''friend'' said about the product he was representing. And to repeat what has been said 100 times already, FEJ planes are the most expensive Chinese jets now.

Seems like your problem is really with Lowell Wexler who actually sold you the plane, and told you how great it flew, and that there were no problems. You are both in California, why don't you sue him? He has not had anything to say about this, has he?
I don't have any problems. I no longer own a FEJ plane.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

So that's it?  I thought you wanted to make sure this does not happen again? 
Instead, you lose $22000, Lowell keeps the money, and all we got were these lousy T-shirts?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 PM
dubd

I have better things to do with my time than to sue over this crash. I am done.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 PM
tuan lam
My Feedback: (1)

Try to sale more T shirts so can you get money back
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Perhaps some shirts will be seen at Jets Over KY?

Sluggo

(1. Original content deleted - off topic; 2. Question mark added for clarification, statement meant as an interogative, not a directive)

Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 AM
Molnar142
My Feedback: (38)

Well at least I have a shirt for anyone that wishes or just has to learn the hard way!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, let's keep this thread on topic. This thread is discussing the FEJ t-shirts. It is NOT the place to discuss the issues regarding FEJ and the quality of the jets they produce. There are already other threads on RCU that are discussing those issues and they don't need to be rehashed here.

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, how many of these shirts were sold? Wondering how many modelers were interested in this plight?

I notice almost all the FEJ avitars are down, have they weathered the storm?

Did anyone actually wear one at Topgun?

Mike
Old 05-10-2013, 07:52 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Did anyone actually wear one at Topgun?
Yes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

I hear you David. The challenge is sifting through the nonsense that the reps spew, especially when they call you ''friend''. It's a hard and expensive lesson learned.
[/quote]

Why should you have to? When BVM asked me to rep for them the decision was easy, I didn't have to say anything, I help people with their BVM jets, and I FLY models that speak for themselves. I don't post much on here because I have found that there has always been a marked criticism of ''reps'' particularly by somewhat less experienced modellers. FWIW I don't want to see a model ending up in the crowd at any jet meet. Guess I'm just old school in my way of thinking, modeling is still about building models...... I don't want the Chinese junk.

DR
[/quote]

David, I couldn't agree with you more. If you want to be sure your planes are not going to come apart in the air then you should do one of two things. Build them your self or find a qualified builder to build them for you and pay them what it is worth to do it. But before you do either one of these you need to make sure you do some research on what you are buying, that is what the internet is for nowadays. There are threads on the crappy quality of FEJ dating back more than 5 years, I would guess, and many of the guys that are still buying these planes have been flying that long, if not longer, and I have no doubt but what most of you have read these threads. Yet, some of you still listen to the reps and buy these products. How many posts does one need to read on the crappy quality of the FEJ jets before they choose not to buy one of them?

Would you buy a car just because a salesman told you it was the best thing since sliced bread or just because it had a shiny paint job. Most wouldn't, they would do some research first and as much as the FEJ sell for today you should treat your purchase in the same manner as if you are buying a car. Any distributors first priority is to sell you a product and to make money but everyone needs to do their due diligence to decide whether or not they should give them their money.

The Chinese workers building your planes are probably making $2.00-3.00/hour. Would you pay someone in the U.S. $3.00/hour to build your plane and expect it to be done correctly? I have personally built upwards of 40 turbine powered jets, some mine and some for other people and I wouldn't even take it out of the box for $3.00/hr. I would bet that even after all of these threads on the F-14 and all of the T-shirts printed that someone who has read these threads has still purchased a new F-14 in the last few weeks since this happened.

In my opinion nobody should be uninformed about the quality of an FEJ product at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.