Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Are there any good stories on Fej

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Very happy with my fej jet
15.97%
Ok with what I have
4.18%
Understand you get what you pay for
6.84%
Lots of problems but fej help corrected them
1.52%
Fej is just about them same as everyone else that sell from china
4.56%
Fej ripped me off by selling me damaged goods
2.28%
Fej told me too bad it was my fault
5.32%
I have not bought and will not due to the history of fej
59.32%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Are there any good stories on Fej

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Rush!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are there any good stories on Fej

+1

It often takes me 10 flights just to dial a plane in to fly just the way i want it.... it'll probably take me another 10 flights to test limited aerobatics to ensure that the settings are just right when i start pulling light G maneuvers to full aerobatics.... looking for stress marks on the plane... and then after that i fly it the way it is supposed to be flown.... normally with lots a G's and consecutive aerobatic maneuvers.

A plane that hasnt gone beyond 20 flights.... hasnt been stressed, or flown the way it should be. From Dubd videos, he wasnt doing any hard G loading and still exploring the flight envelope slowly.... that plane blew up on him.

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

WAP, I think the concern with your experience with FEJ Jets is (and please correct me if I am wrong) that it doesn't seem like you hae logged any meaningful number of flights on the Mig 29 or F14. By that I mean 50+ flights.

By way of example, a fellow in Germany has oer 1500 flights on his Skymaster F4. My friend Dan Avilla has over 800 flights and 9 years on his BVM F100.

Do you really think that either the F14 or Mig 29 would be alive and well today after 200 flights? 300? 500?

If yes, then you are alone in that thought. If no, then you see the problem. At $15,000-20,000 per twin, they should not be seen as disposable jets good for only 25-100 flights.

Finally, on BOTH your jets there was flutter out of the box, and you had yours pro-built! You know how bad that is??? How do you know they would have survived and they wouldnt have crashed on flight 50? 60? 75?

Hope this make sense?
Shaz
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

The title of the thread is there any good fej stories.

i gave my two stories.

jetpilot- no desrespect taken and i don't think most people are haters - the f-14 was not 75 pounds. please read my post. if everyone is so concern about safety why are there only 18 jets in the us over 55 pounds? Why is when a jet goes well over 200 mph, that jet is not immediatly grounded. i appologize because i did not read your entire post, but you are correct you have your opinion on what is a great flyer and i have mines. i never stated it was a great decision to fly but i did and it crash and i blamed myself. if this crash i will buy another one if i choose.

sskianpour
i'm not sure why you think both of my jets was pro built i never said that. please read my comment. i built the f-14. how do you know it was not going to survive? it's just my opinion and just like it's your opinion. once again this thread is about good stories on fej.

i guess because i only been flying for 3 years i can't share my stories about FEj? yall think this is good for the rc jet community.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

My 1/6 scale is a success story! It has honeycomb stabs and rudder[:-] I find it extremely interesting only 18 registered, I can count half that at my last club.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Wap4life

yes fender- i have been posting that question in a few thread but no one has responded.  Everyone is so concerned about safety and the rules and i find it hard to believe that only  18 jets are over 55 pounds and one of those jets listed is my jet.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:33 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wap,
Your F14 stabs and rudders both fluttered. You had only told us your rudders did. someone else had to remind you your stabs did too.
There was a problem with your F14 and you still flew it and crashed it
Your mig fluttered as well and then someone else crashed it or had a mishap
I just thinks its fair to give an accurate story.
raising your hands in victory is a bit early.
Dantley's experience could be any one of the FEJ that are currently flying. Hate to think of it happening to anyone else. especially if some guys tell them they are great flyers and nothings wrong with them.

The over 55 certs expire annually. The list isnt always up to date. doesnt mean a guys jet was never certified. I think I still have 5 or 6 on there. Im doing more now.

it great that you had your jet on there, but the certification was supposed to have kept your jet from fluttering.
Scott

Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

yes fender- i have been posting that question in a few thread but no one has responded. Everyone is so concerned about safety and the rules and i find it hard to believe that only 18 jets are over 55 pounds and one of those jets listed is my jet.
I think that is a VERY valid question that should be addressed. If a CD see's a jet that is over the weight limit and not on the list it should be immediately grounded.

Andy
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My good story on Fej " I never own any of there Jets [&o]
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Wap4life

Scott- once again please reread the post. The only flutter on the f-14 was the rudder. The mig 29 elevator flutter and once i move the linkage to inner most hole, it never fluttered again.
I understand your dislike for a company but that does not change my story. I understand that everyone is concern about safety but that does not change my story. I understand that all jet companies need to have quality control, but that does not change my story. I understand that a lot of people have lost expensive jets, but that does not change my story. I'm sorry for forgetting thhe futter on my mig that was 2 years ago but maybe you think i forgot it on purpose or forgot to mentioned that the jet came apart in the air and crashed to the grounds inflames, but it just didn't do that. It flew great! You may not think flying pattern and doing some rolls is no flying great but thats your opinion, but i do believe it flys great.

Please re-read the post.

A lot of the RC Jet guys get this "God " complex. If the plane crash, it just could not be their fault, it was the sun in my eyes or a bug flew in my mouth when i was landing or i couldn't control it must have been a glitch. You just don't believe or choose not to believe that some crashes are pilot error, but for at least the 6 time i stated so far that the mig hard landing was due to pilot error and my f-14 crash was due to pilot error. In 3 years in this hobby at various jet meets, i've seen 3 fej jets, 4 bvm, 1 sykmaster, i believe 3 fai b and i think 3 jet legends crash. (i'm sure i seen many more). As all curious people we would walk over and ask what happen and it was always the jet fault, except for 1 which i believe was a jet legend. How many years do i have to fly to get this "God" complex? I'm not proud to say i lost 15k becuase it was my fault, but thats the truth. I'm not proud to say it was pilot error costing me 700 to repair my mig after a hard landing, but it's the truth.

Like Dubd- i had about 15k-17k invested in the f-14, my lost.

Please read the title of this thread!

My stories are not going to change. Even if you was at my field for each and every flight, and maybe you were, but that does not change my opinion of my FEJ Jets. If you flew one of my jets, and maybe you did, i appologize and please elaborate more on "Are there any good stories on FEJ" as it relates to my mig and f-14.

So let me understand, you don't believe my stories, so i guess, you think the f-14 crash and mig hard landing was due to something else and because of my experience, i'm really not sure why it crashed. Maybe you have a point, if that's what your are suggesting, but it's not a strong one.

As guess we can agree to disagree , on "my good stories on fej
Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wap, this complex you're referring to isn't just with jets, hell, it isn't just with this hobby. I've always stated that one should take responsibility in all aspects of their life and that includes hobbies. If you crash, try and understand why so it doesn't happen again. Learn from it. Otherwise it will happen again. That is why I started my thread. I didn't dumb thumb the plane and I could see flutter before impact. FEJ on the other hand has not wanted to learn from this crash. They have not talked to me about the crash. They just ignore me. Why is it that I, the consumer, who lost $20,000 is asking all the questions? Where are the reps who were so gung ho to sell me the plane and tell me how amazing it is? Why are they not trying to figure out what happened? One of the biggest lessons I have learned from this is never trust a salesman who hardly knows you, but calls you a "friend" and never buy a FEJ product again.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Wap4life

Dub - I agree with you and your concerns with FEJ.  Your video speaks volumes and i am concern for lack of response.

I'm just talking about my experience with my Jets. I guess they just don't believe that it was my fault when my jet crash and that the mig landing was pilot error.  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a FEJ f-16 1/8. Here are some good things:
The front nose gear only collapses 50% of the time on landing.
There are not too many cracks on the wingtips thank god.
The gear door almost fit right
The main gear cylinders only leak in the down position
The front gear doesnt rub on the side of the fuse anymore, after I mounted it off center.
I was able to unwarp my ailerons with a heat gun, and I only got a 1" bubble on one of them from the heat.
My pipe seems to be built like a tank, and weighs about as much as one.
Oh and it only weighs 29 LBS with a rabbit!

So there ya go. All you haters can keep hating but you look like fools with sucess stories like mine!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Rush!

Lol! Good one! Enough to make me cry ifvi owned one......

ORIGINAL: essyou35

The front gear doesnt rub on the side of the fuse anymore, after I mounted it off center.
I was able to unwarp my ailerons with a heat gun, and I only got a 1" bubble on one of them from the heat.

So there ya go. All you haters can keep hating but you look like fools with sucess stories like mine!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 AM
jetpilot

I was able to unwarp my ailerons with a heat gun, and I only got a 1'' bubble on one of them from the heat.

Epic!
Scott
Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
jetpilot

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Scott- once again please reread the post. The only flutter on the f-14 was the rudder. The mig 29 elevator flutter and once i move the linkage to inner most hole, it never fluttered again.
I understand your dislike for a company but that does not change my story. I understand that everyone is concern about safety but that does not change my story. I understand that all jet companies need to have quality control, but that does not change my story. I understand that a lot of people have lost expensive jets, but that does not change my story. I'm sorry for forgetting thhe futter on my mig that was 2 years ago but maybe you think i forgot it on purpose or forgot to mentioned that the jet came apart in the air and crashed to the grounds inflames, but it just didn't do that. It flew great! You may not think flying pattern and doing some rolls is no flying great but thats your opinion, but i do believe it flys great.

Please re-read the post.

A lot of the RC Jet guys get this ''God '' complex. If the plane crash, it just could not be their fault, it was the sun in my eyes or a bug flew in my mouth when i was landing or i couldn't control it must have been a glitch. You just don't believe or choose not to believe that some crashes are pilot error, but for at least the 6 time i stated so far that the mig hard landing was due to pilot error and my f-14 crash was due to pilot error. In 3 years in this hobby at various jet meets, i've seen 3 fej jets, 4 bvm, 1 sykmaster, i believe 3 fai b and i think 3 jet legends crash. (i'm sure i seen many more). As all curious people we would walk over and ask what happen and it was always the jet fault, except for 1 which i believe was a jet legend. How many years do i have to fly to get this ''God'' complex? I'm not proud to say i lost 15k becuase it was my fault, but thats the truth. I'm not proud to say it was pilot error costing me 700 to repair my mig after a hard landing, but it's the truth.

Like Dubd- i had about 15k-17k invested in the f-14, my lost.

Please read the title of this thread!

My stories are not going to change. Even if you was at my field for each and every flight, and maybe you were, but that does not change my opinion of my FEJ Jets. If you flew one of my jets, and maybe you did, i appologize and please elaborate more on ''Are there any good stories on FEJ'' as it relates to my mig and f-14.

So let me understand, you don't believe my stories, so i guess, you think the f-14 crash and mig hard landing was due to something else and because of my experience, i'm really not sure why it crashed. Maybe you have a point, if that's what your are suggesting, but it's not a strong one.

As guess we can agree to disagree [img][/img], on ''my good stories on fej

I guess this was just the Mig?

quote:
[/quote]ORIGINAL: I have flown Warrensons F14 and Mig 29 both FEJ twins. We experienced flutter on the elevator system as well. The servo side arms need the push rod in the most inner hole as close to the servo screw as possible. The control surfaces as so big that you are over stressing the servos ability. Also the control side arm should be much longer with the push rod connection as far away from the control as possible. When we did the weight waiver calculations it was determined that the stock set up with the push rod away from the servo screw to far was not strong enough to do the job. The 8711 simply is not strong enough. I think a new longer control arm on the elevator is needed and a metal servo arm with push rod attachment very close to the set screw is also needed.

Good luck with making a final determination as they are great looking planes and a joy to fly
Kevin Thoele
Texas Jets Group[/quote]
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I was able to unwarp my ailerons with a heat gun, and I only got a 1'' bubble on one of them from the heat.

OMG was that funny.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Wap4life

Scott - the answer to that is Yes!

I'm through with this! Be safe and have fun flying jets.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd
One of the biggest lessons I have learned from this is never trust a salesman who hardly knows you, but calls you a ''friend'' and never buy a FEJ product again.
I have heard that "hard sell" pitch, like most I just stayed quiet. I got tired of getting the "hater" label.

I mean it is patently crazy. The bar is set so low now....."of course we got flutter on the first flight".....blah blah "now everything is fine. Great flying plane"

Wait, what?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

I have heard that ''hard sell'' pitch, like most I just stayed quiet. I got tired of getting the ''hater'' label.

I mean it is patently crazy. The bar is set so low now.....''of course we got flutter on the first flight''.....blah blah ''now everything is fine. Great flying plane''

Wait, what?
Good point!

+1
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Damo260

Here is vid of mates FEJ F-18 1/7 scale.

http://youtu.be/APBf3fY_p0E

Damo
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Damo260

Here is another mate of mine with his FEJ A-10 1/6 scale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8CJz-yrmEc

Damo