Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DX18 / Telemetry "funny"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DX18 / Telemetry "funny"

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
hymie42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX18 / Telemetry "funny"

Hi Guys,

I have telemetry modules in 3 jets (TM1000 / DX18) and in two I have no issues at all. I flew the third model today for the first time witjh the TM1000 fitted and on the DX18 and I had telemetry limits warnings. Couldn't see what they were on first flight, and when I landed there were no voltage / frame loss or holds issues.

Checked cabling and went again, this time with a spotter. Sure enough the alarm went again, and he said there were 512 frame losses - but 0 holds.

Now for the odd bit - when I landed the display showed 0 frame losses and 0 holds. Went a third time (sucker for punishment) and same thing.

Only difference in this model is that its a JR receiver and the other two models have Spektrum RXs.- all receivers are DSM2.

This model has flown many times before with a flight logger which never showed any issues.

So basically I am suspecting the TM1000, but wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

I am a big fan of telemetry - just want it right in this model too.

Comments?

Dave
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Xantos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX18 / Telemetry

Hi Dave,
I'm running a DX18/TM1000/GPS Module and an airspeed sensor thru a 12ch Spektrum Rx on my Bobcat.
i had a similar issue , on one flight it seemed I didn't have a downlink at all and I had no feedback.
The screen on the Tx didn't show a satellite lock or the TM1000 linkon the next flight
when I rebooted the system everything worked.
It's probably the TM1000 not linking to the Tx , maybe it a good idea to check before takeoff if not reboot the system
Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 AM
hymie42

Hi Xanthos,

Yep - everything was there before take off, it had an alarm in flight and showed 512 Frame Losses - a suspicious number in itself - and then after landing all was clear again - telemetry was working but just saying no holds or frame losses.

I have contacted Andy Kunz of Spektrum for comment - in the mean time have ordered another TM1000 and will route the antenna outside the fuselage to see if anything changes.

I am reasonably happy the set up is ok as this model has flown many times in the past with a flight logger - which never showed any frame losses.

The 512 makes me think its an overflow of some sort...

Dave

Dave
Old 05-01-2013, 04:51 AM
hymie42

Herewith reply from Andy Kunz - so helpful

Hi Dave,

The alarm was telling you that the TM1000 was having trouble hearing the transmitter. This is normal, it's a Telemetry Range Warning.

You can try to reposition the telemetry antenna, but it will ALWAYS have less range performance than your control system, by design.

Andy