Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bandit ARF MK II with p-100

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bandit ARF MK II with p-100

Old 05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bandit ARF MK II with p-100

I'm building BARF MK II with a p-100. The supplied bypass appears to be for a 120/160 size turbine. I have installed the p-100 and between the exhaust cone of the turbine and beginning of the pipe there is a 2.25" gap. To me it looks like a large gap but there is not much that I can do. The turbine is as far back as possible on its clamps. The instructions say the gap should be about 1.5". I'm just wondering if this is ok or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Mike
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bandit ARF MK II with p-100

I have at least that gap using a Merlin 100 in a P120 bypass and it's fine. Like every bypass I have owned, I have three coats of heatshield up to the hatch cutout.

Jason
Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bandit ARF MK II with p-100

Thanks

I also have heat shield coated all around the back part of the bypass up to the opening. All my other setups have never had this much gap between the pipe and the turbine cone. I have not yet ran the turbine, and wanted to get opinions prior to the first start.

Mike