Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why do people keep calling it TURBIN as in trashbin instead of BINE?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why do people keep calling it TURBIN as in trashbin instead of BINE?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:33 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Why do people keep calling it TURBIN as in trashbin instead of BINE?

...and hence...............rcjetaddiction is a great website!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why do people keep calling it TURBIN as in trashbin instead of BINE?

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

Happy now ? !! lol
LMAO
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

Turbin:

Turbine:

Isn't it supposed to be called TURBINE as in the BINE part? Are the called BIN in Germany or Europe?
Can't believe someone actually posted this crap, who cares!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

In fact, turbine (or turbin) comes from the Latin word turbo that means something that spin. There are many other derivative words like disturb, perturb, turbulent wich also have the same meaning in Portuguese and Spanish. These words have a bad connotation because they are related to the storm "whirling" winds..

The word turban wich is essentialy a cap made of a twisted cloth is also related to this Latin word...

Old 05-16-2013, 06:15 AM
Hustler58
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hustler58

Someone from Louisiana is asking about the way people speak or write? A state where they have to have subtitles when they interview someone on TV? Well OK! Don't get upset when this turns in to Conga Line of people trying to kick your nuts for asking the question ! This will be fun to follow! Sorry I'm giggling hard at this one!

Really Mr. American Hoggers? Wait wait wait, YOUR FROM TEXAS? And what does everyone speak in TEXAS?

IT AIN'T ENGLISH

Who needs those sub titles now? You have your Hispanic pals to thank for that.

Well you got me there on that one! But I didn't ask the question! Have a good day! Butch
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Molnar142
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

...and hence...............rcjetaddiction is a great website!
So true but as the Eagles lyrics go, "call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye." Give it time, I fear it too will fall to the dribble that's taken over RCU in recent times.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: erbroens

These words have a bad connotation because they are related to the storm ''whirling'' winds.

That being said, I guess I have a Turbine in my Butt and didn't know it . [X(]

D
Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM
erbroens

On this context, turbo can relate with "perturbo" wich is a synonym of difficulties...

as you can see, this words are proof that life isn´t easy since the times of the Roman empire.. just relax, do your best and enjoy the good things of the 21th century.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kostas "Gus" Portokalos has long ago proven that all words derive from the Greek language.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:52 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcovish

The kid in the first picture must have reached puberty, he took his diaper off and put it around his head.
ROFL !!!!!!!!!!
good one ,... very good
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A long time ago BV made a statement, "give a jet pilot a empty beer can and they can have fun with it". This thread proves him right.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

The funny thing is, with the self declared expert that disco makes himself out to be in regards to rc jets and his ability to build them for mere pocket change, one would think he would already know the answer to his question.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

The funny thing is, with the self declared expert that disco makes himself out to be in regards to rc jets and his ability to build them for mere pocket change, one would think he would already know the answer to his question.
cold man .... real cold
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

The only self claimed expert is you, if you had your way you would burn everyone's arf's, make everyone mine there own bauxite and mill out there own engines, scratch build there own radios.

I can see your discontent, how dare someone else have their own opinion! I must called them a fool, or no a Self Claimed Expert!

Besides this thread isn't harming anyone so move along.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM
erbroens

He was a funny character from that movie...

Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

. . .
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hustler58

Someone from Louisiana is asking about the way people speak or write? A state where they have to have subtitles when they interview someone on TV? Well OK! Don't get upset when this turns in to Conga Line of people trying to kick your nuts for asking the question ! This will be fun to follow! Sorry I'm giggling hard at this one!

Really Mr. American Hoggers? Wait wait wait, YOUR FROM TEXAS? And what does everyone speak in TEXAS?

IT AIN'T ENGLISH

Who needs those sub titles now? You have your Hispanic pals to thank for that.

New thread topic: Why would someone who's so quick to criticize others' spelling write "your" rather than you're"?

(They taught us the difference between the two in my Texas public school)
Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Hey, thats pretty good from a smart phone. Here waiting to for an oil change.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Nonsense, my smartphone isn't any smarter than your smart phone, yet I used one for both posts. You're so critical of others (yes, I remember your ridiculous "pilot error" post after the fatal 747 crash, wherein you trashed two dead pilots from the comfort of your armchair) and yet you can't own your own mistakes.

What is your next thread? Breaks vs brakes? Why not just chill for a while, enjoy the hobby, and leave alone those fellow hobbyists and others you're so sure are unworthy of basking in your greatness?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...make everyone mine there own bauxite...
While we're at it...

ORIGINAL: highhorse

New thread topic: Why would someone who's so quick to criticize others' spelling write ''your'' rather than you're''?

(They taught us the difference between the two in my Texas public school)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: erbroens

These words have a bad connotation because they are related to the storm ''whirling'' winds.

That being said, I guess I have a Turbine in my Butt and didn't know it . [X(]

D
Yes, Danno, you knew it....you were just calling it something else!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

When Jefferson bought Louisiana he really only wanted the rest of the territory but the French wanted to give away the Cajuns too. But it has never really been part of the US, kind of like French Quebec not being part of Canada.

Nice, just like all of Connecticut is a housing sub division and horse stable for New York, its not really a state
You won't get any argument from me on that!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
cyphur01

Turbin:

Turbine:

Isn't it supposed to be called TURBINE as in the BINE part? Are the called BIN in Germany or Europe?

Disco...wow....just wow. I agree with highhorse. Did you learn anything when you talked out of your posterior on the 747 crash thread? Maybe you should take a break for a while. (Break as in a pause from activity not brake. Haha)
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM
lookilook

ORIGINAL: f106jax

Kostas "Gus" Portokalos has long ago proven that all words derive from the Greek language.
xaxa +10000000 Likes!!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: highhorse

Nonsense, my smartphone isn't any smarter than your smart phone, yet I used one for both posts. You're so critical of others (yes, I remember your ridiculous ''pilot error'' post after the fatal 747 crash, wherein you trashed two dead pilots from the comfort of your armchair) and yet you can't own your own mistakes.

What is your next thread? Breaks vs brakes? Why not just chill for a while, enjoy the hobby, and leave alone those fellow hobbyists and others you're so sure are unworthy of basking in your greatness?

Being a former heavy airlift 747 guy I'd like to see this thread. I couldn't find it. Did it get taken down?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.