RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xtreme F-16 1/6.75

Old 08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
BVM F-16 Xtreme is made in gool ol' Danghou Province.....C_H_I_N_A.

You want an F-16 made in the US? Call Lockheed Martin, soon to open in Greenville, SC, but Im afraid not even that one is 100% US made, more like 50%.
BTW, I have many reservations on buying FEJ, just curious what in their website draw your attention?
Old 09-07-2017, 01:07 PM
laiqalih

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,
I need help with the nose gear, its not working even at 120 psi, any tricks or suggestion are welcomed. f 16 1/6.75 by skymaster xtreme.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 AM
IanD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi guys. Regarding the shortfall in the main/centre fuel tank size, although Carlos at CM jets has done a terrific job increasing capacity and makes really excellent tanks, a friend and I decided to utilise more of the space available over the air intake pipe.
We moulded up a fibreglass tank that fits all of the space and doesn't protrude into the engine bay. Volume of the new tank is 1.8 litres, whereas the original centre tank is 0.8 litres. The only issue is that the two lower lobes hang down either side of the inlet pipe, making it difficult to organise clunk pickups. Of several options available to cope with this, I chose to divide the tank into two with a vertical divider and not have any clunk at all. The tanks so formed, are short but high and with the outlets at the lower rear corners, they would only suck air when nearly empty and on a downline. I have the standard saddle tanks feeding the new dual centre tanks, then forward to the Intairco UAT.
The only drawback so far is that filling nearly all the space over the air inlet makes it difficult to feed all the fuel lines and servo leads forward to the nose section. However, some careful enlarging of the existing bulkhead cutouts has made room. Ground testing shows that this setup seems to feed fuel without problem, but the maiden will be the final proof.

The photos show the wooden plug trial fitted into position.
IanD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0039.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2231894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0042.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2231895   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0044.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	2231896  
Old 09-14-2017, 02:09 AM
warbird_1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good job good idea but not a good design. not to throw rocks but by having bottom pick ups and no clunk system, aerobatic maneuvers are out of the question except for loops. little by little the UAT would be filled with air .even if you put a pick up line on each side the air would be the first to exit the tank as it's the path of least resistance also the tank being so far forward could lead to a very nose heavy airplane on take off and with a flame out things could be ugly. other than that something i agree,needs to be done about increasing the fuel capacity just my two cents. i hope it works out as i have one waiting to be built
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_112901.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	2231907  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:33 AM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird_1 View Post
Good job good idea but not a good design. not to throw rocks but by having bottom pick ups and no clunk system, aerobatic maneuvers are out of the question except for loops. little by little the UAT would be filled with air .even if you put a pick up line on each side the air would be the first to exit the tank as it's the path of least resistance also the tank being so far forward could lead to a very nose heavy airplane on take off and with a flame out things could be ugly. other than that something i agree,needs to be done about increasing the fuel capacity just my two cents. i hope it works out as i have one waiting to be built
What he said
Old 09-14-2017, 03:51 AM
tp777fo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Every F-16 made here in good ole Greenville SC will come complete with a plate of pulled pork BBQ, mac and cheese and a glass of sweet tea. For our special friends we may even include a shot or two of peach moonshine.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 AM
DAN 73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello.
Nothing new here?
How is the G2 version versus the older version.
Is it easier, landing gear is better?

Can anyone tell me what weight is the dry G2 version (without fuel)?
I'm waiting for answers.
Thank you,
Dan.

Search this Thread