Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pics of the latest, heavy duty pipe from Fly Eagle Jets...

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pics of the latest, heavy duty pipe from Fly Eagle Jets...

Old 05-16-2013, 05:52 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of the latest, heavy duty pipe from Fly Eagle Jets...

I'm still here. Not leaving yet. The answer is throw away those pipe. Can't share my secret to the world. This is my bread and butter.
Just remind anyone to replacs pipe. I can made pipe paper thin still stronger that those heavy duty pipe (that what their call it).
Heavy duty junks metal. That what it is.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
tinal

That is 160 size engine pipe, not P200 size pipe. It will be destroyed like that for sure.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
tinal

some guys use wrong info. to hurt people or company. No good

tam, your 160size pipe can run p200 long?

Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Molnar142
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: dubd

Eddie, one of the main reasons why this continues to happen is that the FEJ reps say that there is nothing wrong with the planes. Search for the names of any rep on RCU and read their statements. It's ALWAYS favorable and never acknowledges an issue. If you ask about past issues they say things like, ''those parts were made by a third party and we now make them in house, so the issues have been resolved.''

I thought I was making a fairly educated decision on my purchase and now realize that everything I was being told was utter BS. Keep in mind this was during the last 2 years where we saw back to back FEJ pom pom threads.

So Reps (aka salesmen) don't solemnly swear or affirm that they will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them (insert the invisible man of their choosing)?

I'm shocked. []

Eddie P - You got it. Agree 100%!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: tinal

break out the Pom Pom's! Hip hoo raa!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is 160 size engine pipe, not P200 size pipe. It will be destroyed like that for sure.

Oh so FEJ recommends a 160 size pipe for a P200? lol.. surely you jest?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Did the guy have a wet start at one time? FEJ's home page warns of there pipes being damaged in the event of a hot/wet start.

Of course the more likely scenario is that the pipe is made from cheap materials[:@]
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Molnar142

Eddie, one of the main reasons why this continues to happen is that the FEJ reps say that there is nothing wrong with the planes. Search for the names of any rep on RCU and read their statements. It's ALWAYS favorable and never acknowledges an issue. If you ask about past issues they say things like, ''those parts were made by a third party and we now make them in house, so the issues have been resolved.''

I thought I was making a fairly educated decision on my purchase and now realize that everything I was being told was utter BS. Keep in mind this was during the last 2 years where we saw back to back FEJ pom pom threads.

So Reps (aka salesmen) don't solemnly swear or affirm that they will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them (insert the invisible man of their choosing)?

I'm shocked.

No need for Captain Obvious statements.

I wasn't born yesterday and I naturally am on guard with anyone selling anything. However, when I ask a rep point blank about very specific issues and they provide an answer while calling you "friend", I expect honesty. I guess I was just crazy.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Molnar142
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: Molnar142

I'm shocked.

No need for Captain Obvious statements.

I wasn't born yesterday and I naturally am on guard with anyone selling anything. However, when I ask a rep point blank about very specific issues and they provide an answer while calling you ''friend'', I expect honesty. I guess I was just crazy.
Fair enough. While it may not seem like it from some of my other posts, I do feel bad that you lost an investment in not only a costly jet but your freindship and trust in a company. It sucks when you realize you've been sold a bill of goods.
Peace.
Mike

Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

How much did he pay for that pipe?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

FEJ was poorly made. Is just too soft and waiting to fail without any warning.
Many of those pipe fail.
Now their making bigger jets and required bigger engine. More pipe will fail like this one.
Hope everyone is smart enough had it replace instead of question is it will work goes out and fly with it.

I always said. Replace the pipe only cost 2-3% of the value of the plane. That most value money spend right there.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

They make them with new Reynolds wrap. Heavy Duty aluminum it works very well.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tamjets

FEJ was poorly made. Is just too soft and waiting to fail without any warning.
Many of those pipe fail.
Now their making bigger jets and required bigger engine. More pipe will fail like this one.
Hope everyone is smart enough had it replace instead of question is it will work goes out and fly with it.

I always said. Replace the pipe only cost 2-3% of the value of the plane. That most value money spend right there.
The thing to do is just stay away from buying anything from FEJ. That in itself, will avoid most problems. They can't make planes, light systems or pipes.

What FEJ calls an "improvement" is really just a different problem.