Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

I use to ride all the time, grew up with bikes, I have 6 kids , back in my thirtys after the kids mother died, I was riding and a pickup run me off the road, just barely kept it upride and from hiting mailbxes. That is when I sold it so I did not orphan kids, I ride my son inlaws every once in awhile, but not there for me anymore"
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I just noticed that evidently the Mods removed some posts.

Okay. Just got off the phone with his wife. They are going to operate on his pelvis tomorrow. Evidently the fracture was bad enough to warrant surgery. They have removed all the chest tubes and took more X-rays of his chest and the collapsed lung looks good and the puncture is healing on its own. The doctor told Dave that he should expect to be off work for another 6 weeks at least after the surgery.
Thank you to everyone for their kind words....except for Bart.

Les
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Justflying1

What did i say that upset you so much.
I only wished him good luck.

Ivan

Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: Justflying1

What did i say that upset you so much.
I only wished him good luck.

Ivan

Ivan,
I apologize for implying it was you. I meant Bart. The mods deleted several posts and I thought he was from Australia.
I DO thank you, and Dave and his family & friends all thank you and everyone who have either called or posted best wishes.

Ivan, thank you for your concern and thoughts.

But I would like to thank Bart for being so callous. Thanks man...a real gentleman...

I edited my previous post to clarify this-

Les
Old 05-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Justflying1

Hello Les,

That's ok. My misunderstanding.
Good to see that a fellow jet flyer and motorbike rider is making a steady recovery.
Ivan
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Good to hear he is doing better, please keep us updated, and God bless him and his family!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Thoughts and prayers for David! I was in a similar motorcycle accident last October. I broke 8 bones and was in traction/bed for two months, couldn't feed, dress or even go to the bathroom on my own. It was truly a humbling experience and the biggest challenge of my life to continue on with recovery. Praise be to God for surrounding me with an incredible wife, family and friends that aided in my recovery. Now just over six months from my accident, I am nearly 80% recovered. David stay strong, hopeful, and keep positive. Take one day at a time, the days will add up over time and your body will heal. Take care & God Bless!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 AM
AMA234

It's been a long wait to find out if be needed surgery or not but now will be taking him into surgery at 10:00 for his hip.

He and his family all thank you for your support.

Les
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope David's surgery goes well and he can get over in the fast lane on the road to recovery!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I Wish for a speedy recovery. I rode my Murdercycle to work all week, I love the old Goldwing, too bad it has no room to haul R?C jets.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
AMA234

He's out of surgery and the docs said everything went well!
If anyone wants to make a contribution, you can send your new/lightly used jets or turbines to his house and we will dived them amongst ourselves. I'm sure that will help speed up his healing process.
No Facets or Jet joe turbines please!

Les
Old 05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Great news Les, thanks for taking the time to post.

Tell David and his family we are pulling for him!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Les
Thank you for the up date on the surgery.

David. You are probably still knocked out from surgery just wanted to tell you how good of a friend you have there with you. I wish I had a friend like Les.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome news Les!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Hi John.

I had no idea that you had been in a motorcycle accident recently. I hope you are doing ok by now. I know the feeling.

Hope to see you again sometime soon in Fresno.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 PM
AMA234

Okay fellas,
I spent several hours with Dave tonight and he is doing MUCH better! I saw the x-ray of the pins and screws they put in his hip...whoa! He's gonna set off some alarms next time he goes through airport security! He's really coherent and can carry on a conversation almost as normal as anyone else..... About 98%, but that's only because of the pain meds he's still on. He's really doing great. The doc told him that he's healing really well considering he was at deaths door a week ago. We, (he) are very fortunate that the good Lord was looking after him. I also learned that the neck brace the used as a precaution was actually necessary due to his C7 vertebrae being fractured. So in total, a fractured vertebrae, 8 broken ribs, a collapsed and punctured lung, a fractured pelvis, and a bruised heart.
He has said that he's getting rid of his bike; that the agony he's in is not worth the risk of riding.

Les
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. Glad to hear our jet bro is on the mend. That's a scary situation no doubt, well done in pulling through gracefully.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:20 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: AMA234

Okay fellas,
I spent several hours with Dave tonight and he is doing MUCH better! I saw the x-ray of the pins and screws they put in his hip...whoa! He's gonna set off some alarms next time he goes through airport security! He's really coherent and can carry on a conversation almost as normal as anyone else..... About 98%, but that's only because of the pain meds he's still on. He's really doing great. The doc told him that he's healing really well considering he was at deaths door a week ago. We, (he) are very fortunate that the good Lord was looking after him. I also learned that the neck brace the used as a precaution was actually necessary due to his C7 vertebrae being fractured. So in total, a fractured vertebrae, 8 broken ribs, a collapsed and punctured lung, a fractured pelvis, and a bruised heart.
He has said that he's getting rid of his bike; that the agony he's in is not worth the risk of riding.

Les
Great to hear he was doing well... we are still sending the best 2.44 Ghz good vibes to him.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 AM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: drdoom

I Wish for a speedy recovery. I rode my Murdercycle to work all week, I love the old Goldwing, too bad it has no room to haul R?C jets.

Hey doom, I made room on my Goldwing. Or a, behind it I should say.

Also wish for a speedy recovery on his surgery.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72783.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1887283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76195.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1887284  
Old 06-01-2013, 08:33 AM
AMA234

I spoke with Dave's wife last night and he is HOME! THe doctors kicked him out of the hospital and he fell down a flight of stairs and rolled out into the street where a truck hit him and knocked him onto a boat trailer that was sitting next to a construction site. A crane dropped an I-beam onto the trailer tongue and it threw him into the air where he got caught on the canard of a Long EZ. The pilot was finally able to shake him loose, but that didnt happen until they were over Dallas. While he was falling he grabbed onto a skydiver who was kind enough to let him hang on until he pulled the chute. He landed into the back of a dump truck full of cardboard boxes and foam packaging peanuts. The driver, unaware of his new stowaway, was headed to the Grand Prairie dump. The driver mis-read his manifest and instead dumped the load at a construction site where workers were repairing a water main break. Upon dumping the load the gyser of water sent Dave skyrocketing back into the air where he used some of the cardboard to act as wings and he semi 'flew' back toward his house. He went as far as he could without stalling then he did a Split-S landing onto a trampoline that bounced him into his back yard. Miraculously he arrived at his house with only a bruised elbow, and a scraped knee. The wheelchair landed on his leg and only scraped his kneecap and the walker landed right on top of him with its legs speared into the dirt like a lawn dart pinning him to the ground. It took rescue workers 1.5 hours to remove the stuck walker and they tended to his scraped knee with Neosporin and a Buzz Lightyear bandaid.

GLAD THAT YOU'RE HOME DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les

No seriously,
He came home from the hospital last night. The above story is fake, the rescue workers didn't use a Buzz Lightyear bandaid..........it was a Hello Kitty bandaid.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:48 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

good now tell him to finish up The Sader, I'll be over to pick it up next week!!! LOL

glad he's home
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

good now tell him to finish up The Sader, I'll be over to pick it up next week!!! LOL

glad he's home

Don't expect him to come running to the door when you knock! Better give him about 20 minutes to answer!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

LoL. Good, that means I can rummage through his scrap bin of carbon fiber cloth and plate before he reaches the dorrr.....( fist waving in the air ). Gosh darn young whippersnappers get off my lawn!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:22 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If I know the Lockheed Surgeon well enough, I calculate Dave will have between 4-6 weeks of free paid time to "Crusade" his garage.

See you soon Dave!

ha!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.