Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DEDICATED JET FOR P20,WHEN

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DEDICATED JET FOR P20,WHEN

Old 10-08-2014, 10:49 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Bob, No problem. No, I bought the entire set-up from Henke (above post). It includes, pipe, engine mount, tank and pipe mount. then, there are some foam to be removed. I also built a half bypass from 1/32 ply and coated it with BVM heat shield to make sure I don't face any issues.

Behzad
Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a small heads up,

I have no clue what TAM has for a pipe, but the one I have designed runs cooler then the others I have seen so far. Ours are actually smaller to keep the gas flow up and temps down.

I always forget which photos I have posted before but here is one of the larger 46mm pipe compared to my new smaller one. The 46mm gets colored by heat while the smaller is virtually untouched. Both are made from the exact same sheet of metal.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Henke Torphammar

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
It has come out to 5.5Lb with the small GRC UAT full. a 2700 MA a123 battery and one 2100 MA lipo It flies really good. not an speed demon but not too slow either.
Behzad
Congrats!! This seems to the THE kit for a P20 now days. A little smaller, engine up front, lots of space inside and fairly light. I always wanted one but never got to building one my self.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Like2fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alex, I finished the plane in a week or so. As I mentioned in the other thread, I normally fly large planes like Futura etc.. and to be honest, this thing is the most fun. I used Henke's parts but used a 16OZ tank as I am planning to fly it off grass and wanted to keep the weight down. It has come out to 5.5Lb with the small GRC UAT full. a 2700 MA a123 battery and one 2100 MA lipo It flies really good. not an speed demon but not too slow either. I am using the original servos. One tip, I bought the kit and then installed the servos, etc. which cost me more than if I would have bought the ready to fly and would have taken the fan out. Next step for me is to add a JR gyro to the airlon to see how much better it gets. I also designed a break for the nose wheel that works pretty good. So, if you are looking for something like this, for it as you will have a blast. I don't go to the field without it. A couple of weeks ago we went to a jet event and between the flights with large Futura and when the flight line was crazy, I just flew this one and the complements all were towards the foamy and not the XXXDollar planes.

Behzad

Behzad
hi, thanks a lot for the information. I have the stock EDF one. 35 flights so far no issues, really liking this little jet a lot! It's completely stock except I added a Cortex gyro. The Cortex completes eliminates any gusts, just feels great. Cortex can look after ground steering also. Very interested to see your brake.
The only bad thing is the flights are just 3.5 minutes. So I'm considering to get another and fit the Kolibri T35 as my first turbine.

By the way I fly off a relatively small grass flight patch and the stock EDF Stinger easily takes off with a battery that weighs 810g.

Edit: and 3.5 minutes includes a lot of throttle management! Stock EDF this jet is pulling 100A on decent 6s 5000mAh pack.

I use the stock servos for the EDF, one was dead on arrival. For a turbine I would change the servos. Saying that I've had no issues with the other 8 servos or electric retracts or the promptly supplied replacement servo from modellbauUK/redsradiocontrol.com

The stock electric retract landing gear is totally fine after 35 flights. However the landing gear mount was only glued in with a few tiny spots of glue! I'd advise pulling them out and reglueing before they fall out.

Alex

Last edited by Like2fly!; 10-08-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Like2fly!

Hi Bob, No problem. No, I bought the entire set-up from Henke (above post). It includes, pipe, engine mount, tank and pipe mount. then, there are some foam to be removed. I also built a half bypass from 1/32 ply and coated it with BVM heat shield to make sure I don't face any issues.

Behzad
thats great. I really didn't realise the kit had so much in it. I've never seen a photo or list of items included on any model shop website Hab/ready 2 fly
Old 10-08-2014, 08:00 PM
sherlockshah
My Feedback: (1)

I am doing a airpac f-16 with the p20 should have the maiden soon on youtube.com under tonygago screen name.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 AM
Henke Torphammar

Originally Posted by Like2fly!
thats great. I really didn't realise the kit had so much in it. I've never seen a photo or list of items included on any model shop website Hab/ready 2 fly
HAB is the manufacturer and most kits are sold naturally via R2F as they are a great actor of Europe. All are in a great hurry to get the kits out to the customers so they forget to upgrade the webpages.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:39 AM
daorizio

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hobby king Vampire with P20 (@230K rpm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPlpEGi44Q
Old 11-13-2014, 06:01 PM
mjnco
My Feedback: (1)

Default Blanik-P20

I took my P20 out of a Habu32 and installed it on a Eflite Blanik ARF.
http://youtu.be/qEagWBlFdKg
Old 11-19-2014, 01:38 PM
1_helihover_1

Hello
Any news on this? If not - when?

Regds

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Chris

Still some more development flying to be done before we any confirmation, but between 1.1 and 1.2m, yes, obviously electric retracts. Inlets to suit 90mm EDF or P-20. No other info till its ready, in the old days you could develop a product before the internet hounding started ;-)

Dave
Old 11-19-2014, 01:58 PM
DUCMOZ

Hi Guys

I flew the Stinger with P20 off grass runway without any problem. The takeoff run was short and easy with flap. the filed had short grass but it is not super smooth.

Behzad
Old 11-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your Stinger!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:19 PM
DUCMOZ

Hi Bob, yes. I am in pacific NW so this time of the year, we have foggy days that clear late and some cold days. So taking a large Futura and spending 30 minutes each for set up and tear down is not fun. This thing is ready to go. On low cloud day I flew it under the cloud / fog while everyone was waiting for it to clear up. Last weekend was high of 43 degrees. But, I easily flew three flights and was done. I recommend it if you already have other turbine aircraft and need something to have handy to goof around with. Of course, it can not take much abuse and you will need to be gentle with it.

behzad
Old 11-19-2014, 07:51 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

I was looking at the old quickie 500 racer hanging on my workshop wall. I picked it up 15 years ago to replace my fun fly contest plane but never got around to building it. Old setup was an fp40, tricycle gear, and a rudder servo. It would always win 2-3 individual events at the annual fun fly. This one i was going to use micro servos in the wing and split the ailerons so i could have crow for spot landings... Lest i digress, but with a arf go viper running 150 to very nice full composite q500 running 500or so, why wouldn't this be a fast, durable and fun setup with a pod mounted p20...Club racing anyone???
Old 11-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Henke Torphammar

Originally Posted by 2walla
I was looking at the old quickie 500 racer hanging on my workshop wall. I picked it up 15 years ago to replace my fun fly contest plane but never got around to building it. Old setup was an fp40, tricycle gear, and a rudder servo. It would always win 2-3 individual events at the annual fun fly. This one i was going to use micro servos in the wing and split the ailerons so i could have crow for spot landings... Lest i digress, but with a arf go viper running 150 to very nice full composite q500 running 500or so, why wouldn't this be a fast, durable and fun setup with a pod mounted p20...Club racing anyone???
A P20 would equal an 8S EDF setup, I would imagine a 6S prop would do the same work. So yes, you could probably race with a p20
Old 11-20-2014, 02:05 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys just as a heads-up I believe Thomas from Tomahawk is looking to sell the Stinger moulds and CAD files for all the parts needed for this jet, back when we made this kit it was designed for EDF and P20/Kolibri turbine, it flew awesome and be nice to see it go to someone who fancies marketing a kit which was designed to work with these micro turbines.

Its full composite and two videos below are showing it in action with a P20 (red Stinger) and EDF (green Stinger)

If interested contact Thomas at TH.

marcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcvV-tcyfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvIwwTk5wLs
Old 01-04-2015, 06:38 AM
bcrc
My Feedback: (19)

I have for sale a modified E-turbinator that is set up for a Jetcat P20. It is ready to drop in your P20 and support equipment, bind it, and fly it.
For my RCU ad, go to:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemID=1012599
To see a video of this airplane flying, go to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFodO273Poc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWjZFIQk_KiANDNExVY7DSQ