Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ A-10 1:6,5 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ A-10 1:6,5 scale

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Default FEJ A-10 1:6,5 scale

Hello friends:

I have the chance of get an A-10 of FEJ in 1:6,5 scale and I am looking info of this model in this size, because there are much more in 1:6,25 and my question is if is identical model or has diferences with the big brother ?

Has the speed brakes in the ailerons like the 1:6,25 ? or not has this function ?

Someone can show me photos of the A-10 in 1:6,5 scale ? Thank you very much in advance.

BR from Spain.
Carlos Márquez

Name:	Vs55566.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1883631  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FEJ A-10 1:6,5 scale

I know of two people who had these planes. One sold it because of poor build quality. The other is stuck with it because he doesn't want to pass on the POS to another modeler.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Damo260

This is my FEJ A-10 1/6.25 I'm very happy with the build quality and the finish of it. I'm going to run to Kingtech 140G I haven't flown my yet due to work and family things plus buying other planes plus I'm finishing off my F-16. My mates has got the 1/6.5

Damo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75354.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1883915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66645.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	1883916  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi

It would be nice to see a video... Have you checked your elevator? Does it have a alu or carbon tube between the 2 half stabs? The 2 planes I have seen don't have it. In top of it you'll have to put a 1Kg rudder each on the tip of the elevator and no TUBES.

What do you think of this? To my knowledge this is not a proper reinforced elevator for this type of bird. If you can please post some pics of the inside rear fuse of yours.

Regards

Nuno
Old 05-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Damo260

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

Hi

It would be nice to see a video... Have you checked your elevator? Does it have a alu or carbon tube between the 2 half stabs? The 2 planes I have seen don't have it. In top of it you'll have to put a 1Kg rudder each on the tip of the elevator and no TUBES.

What do you think of this? To my knowledge this is not a proper reinforced elevator for this type of bird. If you can please post some pics of the inside rear fuse of yours.

Regards

Nuno
Hi Nuno
I'm not turning this thread into another Witch Hunt On FEJ cmjets ask a question so I reply.

And like I said I'm very happy with the build quality and the finish of it.

Damo

Name:	Rp44642.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1884017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26937.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1884018  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
jetnuno

ORIGINAL: Damo260

Hi

Regards

Nuno
Hi Nuno
I'm not turning this thread into another Witch Hunt On FEJ cmjets ask a question so I reply.

Damo

Hi

That´s exactly what you're doing.... and in bold.

I am also trying to help Carlos,cause he's my friend.

If you read his post, he asked for photos. Could you reply him on that matter?

Regards

Nuno
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Damo260

Hi

Regards

Nuno
Hi Nuno

Damo

Hi

That´s exactly what you're doing.... and in bold.

I am also trying to help Carlos,cause he's my friend.

If you read his post, he asked for photos. Could you reply him on that matter?

Regards

Nuno

Hi Nuno

As I did photo of mine and a photo of my mates. I'm not going to pull the plane a part just to photos of the inside.
Here is the build thread on mine plus Aussie Bart has photos of his FEJ 1/6.5 [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10657203/anchors_10657203/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#10657203]Fly Eagle Jet A-10 1/6.25 Build [/link]

[link=http://youtu.be/e8CJz-yrmEc]FEJ A-10 Maiden[/link]

Damo
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
jetnuno

Hi

Here are some pics from an A10 inside rear fuse. The first pic is from a regular lay-up with incorrect incidence original sent with the kit. The second one is HC with correct incidence later sent by FEJ.

The owner from this bird will have rear HC and front regular layup fuselage[&:]. Plus the paint does not match, so he's not that happy...

As you can notice there is no alu or carbon tube between the 2 half stabs. Remember that in the tip of each stab is attached a rudder with arround 1Kg.

In the later rear fuse there is an HC former, but behind it there's no stab tube as well.

Draw your own conclusions.

Regards

Nuno

Name:	Ge95127.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1884041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19491.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1884042  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Damo260

Hi

Here are some pics from an A10 inside rear fuse. The first pic is from a regular lay-up with incorrect incidence original sent with the kit. The second one is HC with correct incidence later sent by FEJ.

The owner from this bird will have rear HC and front regular layup fuselage[&:]. Plus the paint does not match, so he's not that happy...

As you can notice there is no alu or carbon tube between the 2 half stabs. Remember that in the tip of each stab is attached a rudder with arround 1Kg.

In the later rear fuse there is an HC former, but behind it there's no stab tube as well.

Regards

Nuno

Were are you going with this if you are not happy don't buy it then. I've had Skymaster, Feibao, CARF planes they have all the same problems at the end of the day we still buy them.

And were are you getting weight from??? my fin and rudder doesn't way 1kg with servo mine ways half kilo.

Damo
Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi again friends:

I understand that the strongal question is really another question.
I really want to know if both models are same scale detailing, because the 1:6,5 not has airbrakes in the ailerons and I don´t know if there are another diferences betwen models.

I am looking some 1:6,25 models and I think that are best that 1:6,5, for scale and for size.

Thanks for your help and answers.

Regards from Spain.
Carlos Márquez
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM
jetnuno

Hi

Regards

Nuno

Were are you going with this if you are not happy don't buy it then. I've had Skymaster, Feibao, CARF planes they have all the same problems at the end of the day we still buy them.

And were are you getting weight from??? my fin and rudder doesn't way 1kg with servo mine ways half kilo.

Damo
Hi

I won't, believe me.

The rudder weight was reported by the owner. Maybe it's not that accurate but, I don't own one, sorry. Perhaps you can enlighten us with more accurate data.

Nonetheless of the rudder weight, a spar between stabs is a must, in my perspective.

Regards

Nuno