Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

ORIGINAL: x3dflyer

I actually exchanged a few emails with FEJ this morning and they are now telling me the jet is ready to be shipped on May 26th ....I asked for a refund...then pictures to prove it was actually built.
this is the 3rd time we have been told it will be ready for shipment.

I also texted Lowell asking for a full refund as well.....let's see what happens...I am not holding my breath about a refund or delivery of the jet...

at this point I am SO completely sick of the lies and the excuses that I just want this over with...if they were more honest about the details and delivery dates it wouldn't be bad...but when you are told that it will be ordered with a 50% deposit..then hounded down for full payment because its nearing completion...only to find out that it was never ordered until fully paid for ...then waiting 18 weeks after that...

BS man...

I thought this jet was ordered for me last Sept/October

Hopefully this will help others who are thinking about buying from Fly Eagle......I will NEVER let this happen to me again...

Anthony,

You need to focus on the initial deception. You gave someone money last "Sept/Oct" placing an order. Someone sat on that money until January without actually placing the order even though they told you the order was placed! That "initial deception" could be the key to getting a refund from someone! Who did you pay, and who told you the order was placed in Sept/Oct? Next, who told you the order was only placed in January after final payment and what was the excuse for sitting on your money for three months?

David S
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...I sent fej another email yesterday regarding my $6500 jet that is still a no show ...what a JOKE...

The employees there have obviously been told to lie and make excuses whenever someone complains..for 1 I was asking about a 1:6 f18 not a 1:7 f16...and for 2 , my builder received the same response 3 weeks ago stating at that time the model was 7 days from completion

Read this...lol
-//
Hello, Anthony
How are you?
We are really sorry about keeping you waiting for so long.
The F16 1:7 is assmebling now. Would you please wait for 10 days?
We promise you that we are working hard on it, making sure it is fine.

Regards

Johnny

Thanks

Best regards
FLY EAGLE JET MODEL FACTORY
E-mail: [email protected] (office China )
TEL: (86)132-50067881
FAX:
So that is what a response from FEJ looks like! I was beginning to think they didn't know how to type. What a bunch of scumbags!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I think it would be wise to setup some sort of escrow payment with these chinese people. My guess is they hae no operating revenue and need your down payment to get supplies just to start working.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Had this very situation a couple of years ago with a 'no longer active' FEJ rep.....ordered in October with promise of delivery by end of January so I can finish and fly.

End of January comes....no planes....."Chinese New Year" so sorry....will receive by end of February

End of February....no planes....."Planes being fabricated as we speak"...will receive by end of March

End of March...no planes.....NO SHEETZ!!!

Paid with Paypal.....but past the 45 day time limit..."So sorry nothing we can do"

Wanna bet.....paid Paypal with my charge card. Informed CC company of non-delivery of items.

Immediate removal of charges to my account

Paypal screamed...."Why did you do that?"

FEJ screamed..."Why did you do that?"

I calmly replied to both..."What was paid for was not delivered ..... therefore deal was cancelled"
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 AM
dubd

Maybe Lowell will make a deal with you like he did with me... take down this thread for a partial refund.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 AM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: Hinckley Bill

Had this very situation a couple of years ago with a 'no longer active' FEJ rep.....ordered in October with promise of delivery by end of January so I can finish and fly.

End of January comes....no planes....."Chinese New Year" so sorry....will receive by end of February

End of February....no planes....."Planes being fabricated as we speak"...will receive by end of March

Paid with Paypal.....but past the 45 day time limit..."So sorry nothing we can do"

Wanna bet.....paid Paypal with my charge card. Informed CC company of non-delivery of items.

Paypal screamed...."Why did you do that?"

FEJ screamed..."Why did you do that?"

I calmly replied to both..."What was paid for was not delivered ..... therefore deal was cancelled"
Way to go,just don't let them whoever they are walk over you, it's how they learn i'm afraid. The hard way!.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: dubd

Maybe Lowell will make a deal with you like he did with me... take down this thread for a partial refund.
Really?What did Lowell Wexler offer?When was that?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 AM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

Over 6 months.. can not recomend FEJ
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: EDFJim

That sux Jim. Do you have something to fly at Kentucky this year?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: EDFJim

That's crazy! Sorry to hear it.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
dubd

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

When Y/A made ARF's, we would take a 20-25% deposit on special-order items (like 'no paint' or other custom stuff) and the balance when [literally] ready to ship. For normal stocked items, we would just take names and add them to a list. We'd inform the people on the list when the items were ready to ship and take payment then. Why everyone's gotten comfortable with this trend of 'pay now, get item when they're good-n-ready to send it and hope it's right' I'll never understand. Not just FEJ, but any company who wants payment in full for a sight-unseen item.

On my build jobs, I never accept payment for labor until I'm done building. The customer either buys the components from me or sends them to me and pays the balance when I call and say, "your jet is ready." Why would a customer tolerate anything else??
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Oh my god FEJ sucks ! I was about to place an order for an MB-339 and this forum prevent me to not place it.
FEJ have to many complaints for now to make a decision .It was $3,450 for the combo all included but I will not get the risk.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
x3dflyer
My Feedback: (26)

My intention here was not to bash FEJ....but I am pretty bummed about this deal.

Seems like a lot of people have had the same thing happen to them...I just wanted some answers ...truthful answers..

I am being promised photos of my jet in process and have also been offered some help......no word from Lowell on this though?

it's not even the money that I'm upset about...it's only $$6500 or so? been so long I can't even remember what I paid ...it's just the string of excuses and empty promises that really gets me.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Hinckley Bill

My intention here was not to bash FEJ....but I am pretty bummed about this deal.

Seems like a lot of people have had the same thing happen to them...I just wanted some answers ...truthful answers..

I am being promised photos of my jet in process and have also been offered some help......no word from Lowell on this though?

it's not even the money that I'm upset about...it's only $$6500 or so? been so long I can't even remember what I paid ...it's just the string of excuses and empty promises that really gets me.
I cannot speak to your specific case but quite frankly the replies you will receive like mine all point to a pattern of abuse of the buyer by the seller.

The old adage, "BUYER BEWARE" is truly appropriate here
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
essyou35

The chick in the front left of the picture is hawt.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Hinckley Bill

ORIGINAL: essyou35

The chick in the front left of the picture is hawt.

She may be hawt but she probably kick your butt 'karate style'.....
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 AM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

I am going to struggle to have something to fly at Kentucky jets.. I will totally miss first in flight and I was looking forward to that event.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
essyou35

..And she builds jets.... Nice.

She may be hawt but she probably kick your butt 'karate style'.....

Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

All I can say is [:-]

Time again and again, why ask why

"Why everyone's gotten comfortable with this trend of pay now"

Shaun, it has been said in other forums, is the instant rewarding, the I want it now and the usual I have no time to build but I have money and those airplane factories are taking advantage of that.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I looked at that picture before and I asked myself if those employees will seat dawn ever again at that table. I believe that picture was added to their website just to show that those are that employees that will loose their jobs if you don't send your hard earned money.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
essyou35

WIN.

/Thread.

End of January comes....no planes.....''Chinese New Year'' so sorry....will receive by end of February

End of February....no planes.....''Planes being fabricated as we speak''...will receive by end of March

Paid with Paypal.....but past the 45 day time limit...''So sorry nothing we can do''

Paypal screamed....''Why did you do that?''

FEJ screamed...''Why did you do that?''

I calmly replied to both...''What was paid for was not delivered ..... therefore deal was cancelled''
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I read thru all of the different posts on fej I wonder if is just a USA problem? I see jets being delivered and flown everywhere else.

I am lucky enought to get my deposit back from James after waiting on a order also since October. Pics of the jet were sent to me of it just out of the paint shop....I am pretty sure it was offer to Dub after his crash and I believe it was purchase by a person that posted in this thread.

It does seem like that there is a problem with the US orders.. Who knows maybe it is the middle man in the deal? Maybe they get a killer deal on them but have to wait on full payments before the factory will build. There is something wrong...if someone could speak Chinese and talk to the factory maybe then you figure out if it is just the reps or they are all the same....

Remember they offered Dub 17% off. That works out to $1,100 rufly on a 7k new kit...not a bad commission...

I really would love to buy jets like they build...1.3 hawk 1.5 f-16.. It is a shame that someone can't get it right.

I wouldn't have a problem waiting 6 months as long as i was told up front and other customers verified that they also exprenced the same and it came as promised with no surprises and good quality.

I still feel like the problem with Dubs crash is communication...I truly beleave the factory people are not getting the whole story either to them or them to us....
JMHO
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Hinckley Bill

ORIGINAL: jws_aces

As I read thru all of the different posts on fej I wonder if is just a USA problem? I see jets being delivered and flown everywhere else.

I am lucky enought to get my deposit back from James after waiting on a order also since October. Pics of the jet were sent to me of it just out of the paint shop....I am pretty sure it was offer to Dub after his crash and I believe it was purchase by a person that posted in this thread.

It does seem like that there is a problem with the US orders.. Who knows maybe it is the middle man in the deal? Maybe they get a killer deal on them but have to wait on full payments before the factory will build. There is something wrong...if someone could speak Chinese and talk to the factory maybe then you figure out if it is just the reps or they are all the same....

Remember they offered Dub 17% off. That works out to $1,100 rufly on a 7k new kit...not a bad commission...

I really would love to buy jets like they build...1.3 hawk 1.5 f-16.. It is a shame that someone can't get it right.

I wouldn't have a problem waiting 6 months as long as i was told up front and other customers verified that they also exprenced the same and it came as promised with no surprises and good quality.

I still feel like the problem with Dubs crash is communication...I truly beleave the factory people are not getting the whole story either to them or them to us....
JMHO
Jeff,

I guess I sit on the opposite side of the fence on this one........while waiting for a predetermined amount of time might be 'okay', waiting for an unspecified, constantly changing amount of time, with my money already being paid is just bad, bad business to me.

If I wanted something 'custom' done to the plane then I would expect to be asked for the amount required to do the custom work, but not for the entire plane.

As others have posted here a company should retain a minimum stock of what they sell so that orders can be filled and new planes manufactured with the funds received.

Bill

Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Truly amazing that anyone would pay thousands to someone in China with no guarantee of delivery or recourse should the deal fall apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.