Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 AM
x3dflyer
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

I placed an order for a Fly Eagle 1:6 f18 a very long time ago and as it would turn out the order wasn't submitted until the first week of January...

Being told that the delivery was 8-10 weeks I have been pretty patient as it's now been 18 weeks from the actual order placement...when I ask for a refund I get a message that it's "ready to be shipped" yet for the past couple weeks still no delivery info...

Is it worth waiting for ?

I am curious if anyone out there in my shoes has successfully gotten a refund from them?

If so how did you do it ?

they seem to have no problem taking the money up front yet delivery is no where near what they tell you it is ...if I knew this up front I would have NEVER ordered it ...

I was planning on buying a few more jets from them but now that is not happening...I've been eyeballing the Yellow Aircraft Dual f-18 for a while now and think that's the way I'd rather go if possible...any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: How to get a refund from Fly Eagle Jets?

If you get the yellow F18 you will have a rock solid plane that will last you many years..... Get the flyeagle and it will look pretty but doubt it will last very long.

Also the yellow is VERY scale and can go into scale contest and be static judged. The flyeagle well.... not so much lol

I will say this the big flyeagle F18 is very impressive in person to see but I would rather have a scale plane that flies great and will last a long time.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to get a refund on my F-14 after I ordered it and was told by Lowell that I can only get a refund if they sell my plane to someone else. You might be in the same boat.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

If you paid with a CC They will back you up for an undelivered product. If you wire transferred funds directly to FEJ China, Good Luck with that!

Moral of the story, NEVER PAY CASH! NEVER ORDER DIRECTLY FROM FEJ! Use your CC, and order from a US dealer. Have agreed delivery time indicated on the invoice with refund terms if delivery not met. If they don't make delivery on time, your CC company should cover you. Anything else and you're just rolling the dice with your money!

David S
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
dubd

Ordering from a US dealer doesn't do anything to help customers.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM
x3dflyer

This was actually ordered through Lowell in the USA but it was paid for in cash....via Paypal

I was originally concerned about paying directly to FEJ for just that reason. I was originally told that the jet would be put on order with a 50% deposit and then when it was close to being ready the other 50% was due...

I paid for the balance on January 7th only to find out that the order was never actually placed until the balance was paid...I was VERY disappointed and shocked to say the least...this was the first jet I have ever ordered from FEJ and was doing this through my builder...so i wasn't really actively involved in the ordering until it was too late.

I have since been patient and being told 8-10 weeks from January wasn't that bad...well 18 weeks later lots of empty promises and no jet...aside from that I'm not sure I want the jet at all after reading about the quality issues .....I just don't understand why they think it's okay to NOT deliver an order on the terms they set...you're right...they SHOULD be held responsible for delivery dates..

they sure weren't shy about taking the payments...at this point I'd love to get a refund and walk away from FEJ once and for all...and go buy a Yellow F-18

Thanks for the info guys...

Anthony
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: x3dflyer

This was actually ordered through Lowell in the USA but it was paid for in cash....via Paypal

I was originally concerned about paying directly to FEJ for just that reason. I was originally told that the jet would be put on order with a 50% deposit and then when it was close to being ready the other 50% was due...It was ordered in October and then I was told that it was close to being done and that the balance was due in January????

I paid for the balance on January 7th only to find out that the order was never actually placed until the balance was paid...I was VERY disappointed and shocked to say the least...this was the first jet I have ever ordered from FEJ and was doing this through my builder...so i wasn't really actively involved in the ordering until it was too late.

I have since been patient and being told 8-10 weeks from January wasn't that bad...well 18 weeks later lots of empty promises and no jet...aside from that I'm not sure I want the jet at all after reading about the quality issues .....I just don't understand why they think it's okay to NOT deliver an order on the terms they set...you're right...they SHOULD be held responsible for delivery dates..

they sure weren't shy about taking the payments...at this point I'd love to get a refund and walk away from FEJ once and for all...and go buy a Yellow F-18

Anthony

You can get a refund through Pay-Pal for non performance.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:12 PM
x3dflyer

Paypal....

it's been a very long time...I thought Paypal only gave you 45 days from the date of the payment?

Can anyone confirm this ?....if that is the case I would seek that route

thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
lookilook

YES with paypal is 45 days, what i have learned is that on the 44th day you open the case and is open until it is resolved....i also found out the hard way.
Anyway i have tried a month ago to buy a cancelled order of an f18 and i emailed james and factory and for the first time James never replied and i guess the reply was from somebody in the factory that answered some of my questions and said that they would get back to me...silence since then.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:20 PM
David Searles

I was originally concerned about paying directly to FEJ for just that reason. I was originally told that the jet would be put on order with a 50% deposit and then when it was close to being ready the other 50% was due...It was ordered in October and then I was told that it was close to being done and that the balance was due in January????

Anthony
If this order was placed thru your builder, it sounds like you need to have a serious discussion with him. Somebody apparently mislead you about the order process! You need to identify who lied! If your builder took the money in October but didn't actually place the order until Jan, he's part of the problem.

David S

Old 05-20-2013, 03:48 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: lookilook

YES with paypal is 45 days, what i have learned is that on the 44th day you open the case and is open until it is resolved....i also found out the hard way.
Anyway i have tried a month ago to buy a cancelled order of an f18 and i emailed james and factory and for the first time James never replied and i guess the reply was from somebody in the factory that answered some of my questions and said that they would get back to me...silence since then.
Probably bc they didnt want you buying someone elses order.. After all, why sell one to make one customer happy (with a refund) when they could sell two.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Superjon
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Anthony
If this order was placed thru your builder, it sounds like you need to have a serious discussion with him. Somebody apparently mislead you about the order process! You need to identify who lied! If your builder took the money in October but didn't actually place the order until Jan, he's part of the problem.

David S

On the Contrary, David.

This happens to be one of those instances where it would be in the best interest not to make idle accusations about a situation you know little about. Both the builder and Anthony had a purchase agreement as mentioned.

How might I know this?...I am the builder.

I ask you kindly, to please keep the focus on the problem at hand and not something entirely innacurate.

Many Thanks,
Jon

Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

You sent money to Lowell... So I would be contacting him to get it resolved.  Also, That is correct, (MAYBE)  that he did not turn in the money until it was paid in full.  Which I think is wrong! I paid half up front for mine and than the last only after I saw pictures of it. Its a tuff call here, but I would be talking to Lowell ASAP!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Who the hell do they think they are? And why does anyone buy products from them? Unreal.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
lookilook

Actually the other guy was refunded well before i put my enquiry hence i did it as the f18 was ready with the color scheme i wanted and could be shipped with in a week.....i still see no reason for delaying the reply.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
dubd

Good luck getting help from Lowell. He was of no help to me. Maybe he'll show how nice of a guy he really is. Moving forward, the solution to these delays and problem planes is simple... stop buying the garbage.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 AM
warbirdfanatic
My Feedback: (1)

If I spent that much on an FEJ and had no delivery I would make a trip to see them etc! I seriously find it rude that the reps are offering no help, at the end of the day they're begging you to buy a product and feeding you all the info you need but don't really need as you're being mislead
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 AM
x3dflyer

Well...I sent fej another email yesterday regarding my $6500 jet that is still a no show ...what a JOKE...

The employees there have obviously been told to lie and make excuses whenever someone complains..for 1 I was asking about a 1:6 f18 not a 1:7 f16...and for 2 , my builder received the same response 3 weeks ago stating at that time the model was 7 days from completion

Read this...lol
-//
Hello, Anthony
How are you?
We are really sorry about keeping you waiting for so long.
The F16 1:7 is assmebling now. Would you please wait for 10 days?
We promise you that we are working hard on it, making sure it is fine.

Regards

Johnny

Thanks

Best regards
FLY EAGLE JET MODEL FACTORY
E-mail: [email protected] (office China )
TEL: (86)132-50067881
FAX: (86)756-7766286
http://flyeaglejet.com

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 3:18 PM
To: FLY EAGLE JET MODEL
Subject: RE: Fej 1:6 f18

I ordered an FEJ 1:6 F-18 through my Builder (Jonathan Bard) back in October...the order was placed through Lowell Wexler on January 8th or 9th? and I have received a few emails through my builder that this jet was ready and was going to be shipped....but we STILL have not received any shipping info.

We were promised a delivery window of 8-10 weeks and as of today it has been 18 weeks ...I was waiting to see how the delivery of this jet went before ordering another one from you. At this point we have been given delivery promises that are just not being fulfilled and I would actually prefer a FULL refund for this jet. If this jet is not shipped this week I DEMAND that I get a full refund. I prefer to have this jet but I am sick of waiting for it..I refuse to wait any longer for this as I will buy another one that's already built and flying.

Please confirm that this jet will be shipped this week.

Thank you

Anthony Jagielski
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Anthony,

Its not just FEJ with poor customer service it's most of the Chinese suppliers.
I am up to the 15 week mark for a SM F16. And it doesn't even have to be painted as I ordered it in white gel coat.

I don't mind waiting if I'm given an accurate delivery date, but when they take 100% of your hard earned up front then drag it out- that's just plain disrespectful and rude.

In my business I am chasing *****holes who have owed me money for 15 weeks let alone getting it 15 weeks in advance.

I hope you situation is resolved one way or another soon.

Cheers
Levi
Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Superjon
My Feedback: (3)

Old 05-21-2013, 04:39 AM
johnzqh

ORIGINAL: Levi Wags

Hey Anthony,

I am up to the 15 week mark for a SM F16. And it doesn't even have to be painted as I ordered it in white gel coat.

I don't mind waiting if I'm given an accurate delivery date, but when they take 100% of your hard earned up front then drag it out- that's just plain disrespectful and rude.

In my business I am chasing *****holes who have owed me money for 15 weeks let alone getting it 15 weeks in advance.

I hope you situation is resolved one way or another soon.

Cheers
Levi
Hi Levi

As some misleading information appears here,i have to get in to clarify as i'm the one to handle the order.We took 50% deposit instead of 100% when the order was confirmed with deposit 7 weeks ago.The production is still in schedule.We are going to finish it timely.As we didn't directly communicate on this order from beginning,please check at your side for any confustion.

Thank you for your patience any way.

Best regards

John
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM
David Searles

ORIGINAL: Superjon

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Anthony

David S

On the Contrary, David.

This happens to be one of those instances where it would be in the best interest not to make idle accusations about a situation you know little about. Both the builder and Anthony had a purchase agreement as mentioned.

How might I know this?...I am the builder.

I ask you kindly, to please keep the focus on the problem at hand and not something entirely innacurate.

Many Thanks,
Jon

John,

I didn't make an "idle accusation". I was confirming that someone had either lied to or mislead Anthony into believing that his order had been placed in October, when he made the initial deposit, only to find out that the order was not placed until January, after his final payment for the kit. That is the initial problem point. Thats a 10-12 week delay which has added to his total time out of pocket on this project. My question is still, why the delay in the ordering of the kit? And why was Anthony led to believe the order was placed in October?

David S
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

You want to buy my Diamond Back scheme? $6,750.00 shipped with 8 7980 Servos, light kit, hydraulic conversion kit for the retracts.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:31 AM
David Searles

ORIGINAL: dubd

Ordering from a US dealer doesn't do anything to help customers.
If you order from and pay to a US dealer, you have a US business to sue for damages, for non-delivery. If you pay directly to FEJ in China you're basically SOOL!

David S
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 AM
x3dflyer

I actually exchanged a few emails with FEJ this morning and they are now telling me the jet is ready to be shipped on May 26th ....I asked for a refund...then pictures to prove it was actually built.
this is the 3rd time we have been told it will be ready for shipment.

I also texted Lowell asking for a full refund as well.....let's see what happens...I am not holding my breath about a refund or delivery of the jet...

at this point I am SO completely sick of the lies and the excuses that I just want this over with...if they were more honest about the details and delivery dates it wouldn't be bad...but when you are told that it will be ordered with a 50% deposit..then hounded down for full payment because its nearing completion...only to find out that it was never ordered until fully paid for ...then waiting 18 weeks after that...

BS man...

I thought this jet was ordered for me last year

Hopefully this will help others who are thinking about buying from Fly Eagle......I will NEVER let this happen to me again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.