Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The funny thing about jets today.....

ORIGINAL: kochj

I don't understand what you are trying to say?...

We should buy only High priced quality jets?
    We shouldn't except a jet if all the parts are not complete?
    Do not purchase a jet, that needs a fix, in order to make it air worthy???

It all comes down to Price Price and Price!....

There isn't ANY reason why a China based Jet company couldn't build a Jet that rivals the best USA jets available.!!
    China has some of the most tech. advanced factories in the world today!..
    I don't buy jets, (talking turbines) I wouldn't want a EDJ....is sounds like a wind up toy!.....
    because of the price....

If you had a Quality China Jet manufacture would you buy from them over some of the US or German Jet companies????

The High cost of a Cheap economy....
    I've had a lot of high quality jets made in China... all from Skymaster. I started buying Skymaster planes after their partnership with BVM and all of them have been great. I can fly them aggressively for hundreds of flights and they last.

I've also owned Chinese made planes from Tam and once again tons of aggressive flights and zero problems.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if i cant aford usa made i dont need it to much talk here about overseas items u might get a good one but most are not

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

ORIGINAL: PhilYabelli

All of these manufacturer have had issues, but FEJ has had many more than the others.* Part of it is the reps and shills.* You won't hear much about a Skymaster problem, because they are the flavor of the moment.* Notice that BVM does not sell all the SM products, they don't sell the EDF ones, as an example.* Ever wonder why?
    But FEJ is the one with such major problems all the time.

Reps and shills, huh? This from a troll with a fake name.
    I think Phil is Curtis from Easy Tiger Models not sure but have a hunch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Getting a bit tired of the trolling, it seems to ruin every other thread about the quality of jets!

Why can't they just stand up and admit they've messed up and go back to the drawing board - if Boeing messed up, it would be 6 months in the hangar until a new release without any god damn issues, why can't these guys follow this rule? If this was in the UK, your reputation would be ruined over night and no one would buy from you. It's not even the hardest thing to resolve either which is what really winds me up!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BlackHorseBob

All of these manufacturer have had issues, but FEJ has had many more than the others.* Part of it is the reps and shills.* You won't hear much about a Skymaster problem, because they are the flavor of the moment.* Notice that BVM does not sell all the SM products, they don't sell the EDF ones, as an example.* Ever wonder why?

Ha!

Far more than a hunch on this side! I'm certain of it. I even wrote a poem for ol' Curtis!

"There once was a little TROLL named Curtis...
    Whose models were are so lame they might hurt us...
    He made a fake name,
    But I knew him all the same,
    Cuz he's as easy to smell as a turd is!"

But here's the thing: He claims his name is Phil Yabelli (a play on words for 'fill your belly'). He even complained in the thread that I was making fun of his name and accused me of stalking him when I mentioned that there's no Phil Yabelli's in any place I can find (including the turbine waiver page). He claimed, and not in a joking way, that that was really his name. Either it is (and he's telling the truth and deserves as much respect as any other REAL person here), or it is not and he's a trolling liar who shouldn't have any attention paid to his weirdo, cowardly pseudonym.

SO...

"Phil", if you can PROVE that you're really Phillip Yabelli, you'll not only get a big, fat apology from me but.....wait for it......you'll also get a FREE Y/A kit. Your pick from a Starfire, F-4, A-4, Stingray, or F-18 Single! Just email a notarized scan of your state-issued driver's licence and a utility bill, and the jet is yours! Oh, and don't give me any "I don't like any of those kits" because you can sell it for cash on here.

So, there it is. You've been challenged to identify yourself multiple times and now you have an incentive.
    Yellow Aircraft, JetCat Engines and Turn Key Jets
    yellowaircraftplanesdotcom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this is truly a five-star post rating!

Get some Shaun, and when you do, give it to Tam.... I've heard he can make anything tasty on the grill, even dead horse and troll!

Lol

Casey
    Fliteskin, Sierra, Nelson Hobby, MICKO aircraft, Getstencils, Holman Plans, VicRC, Castle Creations, Addicted to Luft, BestPilots.com

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I wanted a Yellow Aircraft kit, I would order it directly from Dr. Tse, there is no real point in going through a middleman like yourself, I don't see any value added.  But few people really want those kits these days, it's very hard to get rid of them.

Even though you were warned by the moderators last night, when you posted the same thing, and it was removed, and even after they told you that your accusation is false, you just repeated it again here.  It does not bother me that much, not sure if it bothers Mr.  Easytiger or not, you can ask him directly if you want.   But your OCD obsesion with me is a little sick.
    In the meanwhile, back on topic...it seems you have a really hard time staying on topic on all these threads...few people really want to build these days, they want ARFs, so there is no point in telling people they should build a better product themselves, most people do not have the time or interest anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Phil,

You haven't helped yourself at all here buddy, YellowAircraft just made an offer that not one single person would refuse, for a free kit I would even give him a copy of my birth certificate by post. Why on earth do you carry on filling these poor guys with complete *****? Just give us all a break and crawl back under the rock that you came from, you are the main reason that forums lose soo many members each year because of your pure one sided advice that offers no backbone or experience, I don't even know half the guys on here but yet you have wound me up tremendously! Just give everyone a break and do the decent thing Foxtrot Oscar please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

So with all the FEJ threads going on, I started going back through some old posts on different manufactures and here's what I've concluded.

Modelers have become much less concerned with what they receive in an airplane, vs, what they could potentially have. Fancy paint jobs and attractive prices now outweigh the more important factor, success in the airframe.

Here's what I mean....

Lets for one minute, forget about FEJ as a single entity and lets even forget about the catastrophic failures of some of these jets.

As I read back through multiple threads, from primarily Chinese manufactures (although there are European ones as well, and American), you know what I see a huge huge amount of? ''Well I had this problem, but it was easily fixed''. And, ''This this and this was missing but XXXX sent it out to me quickly''.

Why has that become acceptable? Why are we willing to spend money, regardless of the amount, for a product that is supposed to be install equipment and fly, and accept that we have to FIX something, or wait for parts that were supposed to be in there?

We, the consumer do not set the prices of the model. That is set by the manufacture, when they set that price, and sell that airplane, it is supposed to be for a complete, and functional model. Not a model that requires fixes to be airworthy, or parts to be sent after the fact. When you buy a car, they don't tell you ''we forgot to install the glove box door, we'll send it in the mail to you''. You wouldn't buy that car and you sure as hell wouldn't install your glove box door yourself.

In my 15 years flying jets, with 13 1/2 of those being turbines, I have bought jets from the following manufactures (read manufactures, not counting kits I bought used), BVM, JMP, Skymaster, FEJ, Comp Arf, Aviation Design, Fiberclassics, Trim Aircraft, Yellow Aircraft, Jet Hangar Hobbies.

Of those companies, all except for Trim Aircraft, Comp Arf, Skymaster, and FEJ had everything in the box that was supposed to be. Now, in all fairness, every single one of those airplanes except the Skymaster and FEJ were kits, I had to build them. BUT!!!!!! Nothing will piss me off more than building a kit and having to wait because something wasn't included in the kit. Usually it's just small stuff, but it's stuff that quite often I can't get locally and have to order from somewhere or wait for the manufacture to send it to me.

So ok, that's a minor issue, BUT, I still spent money to receive a product, I expect it to all be there.

Lets move onto the bigger issue. Fixes...... I have read I don't know how many times in the past weeks about how wonderful an airplane is and how problem free it's been ''ever since I had the flutter and fixed it'' or ''ever since I replaced the landing gear cylinders'' or, or, or.........
    How does having to do repairs on an airplane that is SUPPOSED to be designed and tested make it a wonderful airplane? I'm sorry but an airplane that flutters within it's flight envelope and requires a modification to fix it is a POS!!!!! Why does it become acceptable that the $6000 you just paid out was NOT correct but since it was an easy fix it's ok? Why does it become acceptable that after you had a problem and the manufacture sent you a new part is it acceptable? Would it still have been acceptable if that flutter cost you the airplane instead of you having the opportunity to fix it? That is good luck more than good management.
    Why has mediocrity in the modeling world BECOME ACCEPTABLE????

I know some of you will say I'm on rah rah train for certain manufactures, but here is what I appreciate and EXPECT when I'm dropping money on these MODEL AIRCRAFT.

JMP - With my Firebird, I received a complete parts list, down to the nuts and bolts, that was checked off AS THE AIRPLANE WAS PACKED with each part inpspected. EVERY SINGLE PIECE was in that kit.

BVM - With the Super Bandit, While there was no checked off parts list, the manual listed all the parts and the accessory packs, every single bag of hardware was labeled for its use in the airplane, every part was in there, as with JMP, nothing was damaged.

Aviation Design - My exocet had a parts list in the manual and every single part was in there, it was somewhat more frustrating as nothing in the hardware packs was labeled, but still everything was there

Etc etc etc.....

This is what a model should be, whether it's a KIT, or an ARF. Every jet I have flown, I have flown hard, and I have never had flutter on a jet, I have never had a gear failure, any issue I have ever had, was because of something I did wrong myself. (it is worth noting that of all those jets, I sold the chinese ones before I ever flew them)

We are paying a large sum of money for these airplanes, I do not believe that one should settle for mediocrity. Sometimes I agree you will not know about an issue with an airplane until it happens, BUT, what boggles my mind, is people will still read about issues that ''were easy fixes'' and buy the same airplane after they KNOW the problems and take it upon themselves to fix them.

At one time I thought to myself, some of these jets are far less expensive so I'm willing to do some extra work. WHY? Why are we willing to say ''I'm willing to spend money foolishly on a product that is supposed to be one thing, but I'll expect it to be less and still send my money''??????? How f'in stupid is that? It's like saying ''I know this stock is failing, but I'll buy into it because although history has proven it to do nothing but go down, there is still a 0.00000001% chance it might go up........ ''

There ARE some very reputable manufactures out there, and yes, their airplanes might cost more, and you might have to do more work, but they take a certain risk out of flying. Between radio links, flameouts, and our own dumb thumbs, there are enough risks taken with RC flight already. Do you really need to add questionable airframes that work fine AFTER you fix them?

The modeler keeps demanding bigger airplanes, but where is the better? Where is the logic to say that a jet that comes out that is 10 feet long and is an ARF, costs the same as the KIT that is 7 feet long from another manufacture, but the quality is far less. Where is the logic to say, has this manufacture proven themselves? Where is the logic that says ''Am I really willing to spend thousands of dollars on an airframe where structural integrity MUST be designed and thought much differently than our old 90 size ducted fan days, and this manufacture doesn't really have the knowledge to do this?''

I am not pointing fingers at any one manufacture, but there are smart(er) places to spend your money.

I will say it again, airplanes that REQUIRE FIXES are NOT wonderful models, they are crap. If your skill set is enough to repair and modify some POS ARF so that it is safe, then buy a kit and build it, or scratch build something.

The sad part is, these manufactures can continue to make claims that they are listening and changing things, but at the end of the day, the problems are getting worse and the average modeler is allowing it to happen by continuing to buy this crap and accept that the will have to FIX something.

To be blunt, you are allowing yourselves to get screwed by buying this crap. You are buying an ARF model, ARF means almost ready to FLY, not ALWAYS REQUIRES a FIX!!!
    The writing is on the wall guys, continuing to buy airplanes that have a more attractive price point and continuing to demand that manufactures sell at the lowest possible price is going to devestate this hobby. Spend your money wisely. Remember that even the biggest jet manufactures are basically a cottage industry. Everyone talks about how expensive these airplanes are and asks why they aren't priced more in line with say something from Hangar 9. Simple, quantity. If you sell 10,000 Extra 300's at $1000 each, that is $10,000,000, it is pretty conceivable that a manufacture could sell 10,000 models that any modeler is capable of outfitting with a gas engine and servo's and fly. But move to jets where the number of modelers is but a tiny percentage of the RC fraternity, So when you consider that no manufacture is likely to ever sell 10,000 of any one particular model, the prices are going to be higher. The typical jet manufacture isn't set up with tons of automation, they aren't selling tens of thousands of kits per year, and they aren't selling an airplane that has an 11oz wing loading and will never exceed 80mph. Stop telling the manufactures to produce better for less. You can have cheap, or you can have good, you don't get both, it's that simple.

Ok, rant over, guys, seriously, it's foolish to continue this hobby with the attitude that ''yes, it will have problems, but I can fix them''. It's time to have the attitude that ''this is MY money that I worked for, and these jets are a product that I have earned, I expect it to be right the first time''. BUT, at the same time, remember, the people manufacturing these jets are doing so to support THEIR families. Why should they work for any less than you do just so you can have a toy? Be willing to pay for a properly done model.

I highly doubt that there are many of you that would give up your current hourly wage to manufacture jet kits for the same price you want to pay for them.
    LGM , i couldn't have said it better . As far as i'm concerned 90% of Chinese stuff is crap .. period . i think the reason for settling for second best is for one.. either being to lazy to invest the time in building one themselves and with that lack of building and finishing skills or they just don't care and want something quick to get in the air. The Chinese have defeated us in the market place because we allow them to do so. think back to all the U.S. manufactures that have folded ... mostly due to the huge influx of cheap products . Even BVM has followed suit. We don't have nice built arf's because we allow them to slip on quality so they can line their pockets with our money. i said it all along.. the only products that i'd even consider is comp ARF or BVM. the rest you can throw in the trash. 2,000.00 is a lot of money no matter how you slice it and anyone that doesn't think so... please send me a check. i'll take your money
    Contest Director /Turbine pilot/ P-38 Brotherhood/Scratch Builders make their own Destiny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

5-star post...glad I got to the "rate" button first

Sluggo
    ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

So with all the FEJ threads going on,...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't you think the real problem here is that the jets with the problems are just getting way too big and the methods used on smaller jets cant simply be transferred into the larger ones. Also full flying stabs seem to be where the problem areas are.

Most of the smaller (120 single turbine and below) jets don't seem to have many problems

2 cents from me

Agree totally. I suggested this very thing in Dantley's crash thread.

IMO these large jets with flying stabs are most likely pushing the longitudinal and torsional limits of a simple glass or honeycomb layup monocoque structure, if that structure is not properly engineered and tested. The smaller jets are getting away with it, but the chicks may be coming home to roost, so to speak, with the large 55+ lb jets.

The "real" F-14 is monocoque in design, and you can bet your sweet arse Grumman "Ironworks" engineered this thing to the Nth degree. I've pulled some 'roid-popping G's in that jet with nary more than a loose Calfax screw afterwards.

And I'll 'fess up (Gus already knows, plus the statute of limitations has long since expired ), I went 2.18 Mach in one of his "A"-model jets - the NATOPS limit is 1.88 - and I chickened out there, not the Tomcat. It would have gone faster. Oh, not a hint of flutter. The jet was rock-steady in pitch (twitchy as hell in roll, though )

I guaran-damn-tee you FEJ hasn't done jack with any "engineering." So to the die-hard defender of FEJ here, go ahead, put your hands in your pockets, and keep on whistling as you walk by the graveyard. All is well. You'll be fine. No worries. Bad stuff always happens to the "other" guy, right?

Sluggo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I wanted a Yellow Aircraft kit, I would order it directly from Dr. Tse, there is no real point in going through a middleman like yourself, I don't see any value added. But few people really want those kits these days, it's very hard to get rid of them.

Even though you were warned by the moderators last night, when you posted the same thing, and it was removed, and even after they told you that your accusation is false, you just repeated it again here. It does not bother me that much, not sure if it bothers Mr. Easytiger or not, you can ask him directly if you want. But your OCD obsesion with me is a little sick.
    In the meanwhile, back on topic...it seems you have a really hard time staying on topic on all these threads...few people really want to build these days, they want ARFs, so there is no point in telling people they should build a better product themselves, most people do not have the time or interest anymore.

NO!, NO!, NO! Shaun, - Ít's identity theft! Really! I'm Phil! I'm Phil!

Make it a F4! - Joh.... Phil!

PS, please include retracts!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I wanted a Yellow Aircraft kit, I would order it directly from Dr. Tse, there is no real point in going through a middleman like yourself, I don't see any value added.* But few people really want those kits these days, it's very hard to get rid of them.

Even though you were warned by the moderators last night, when you posted the same thing, and it was removed, and even after they told you that your accusation is false, you just repeated it again here.* It does not bother me that much, not sure if it bothers Mr.* Easytiger or not, you can ask him directly if you want.** But your OCD obsesion with me is a little sick.

Hahahaha

That's juuuuuuust about what I thought....

A guys asks, "What's your name?" The other guy answers "Joe Blow." The first guy says, "I don't believe you. Prove it. Oh, and if you prove it, I'll give you a free jet." The other guy says, "I don't really want one of those jets and, if I did, I'd pay for it from someone else because you're a poopy-pants."

Yeah, we all believe you, LOL!

As for people not wanting Y/A products, Curtis you're a bit off-base there. We're selling a lot more of them than you're selling those ET Models. The difference? We deliver them when we say, and with all of the parts in the box, intact.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the only thing i can say bad about yellow aircraft is there site does not show price list i would love to get one of there planes but with out a price it is hard or is it just me ? no offence shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ha!

Far more than a hunch on this side! I'm certain of it. I even wrote a poem for ol' Curtis!

''There once was a little TROLL named Curtis...
    He made a fake name,
    Cuz he's as easy to smell as a turd is!''

But here's the thing: He claims his name is Phil Yabelli (a play on words for 'fill your belly'). He even complained in the thread that I was making fun of his name and accused me of stalking him when I mentioned that there's no Phil Yabelli's in any place I can find (including the turbine waiver page). He claimed, and not in a joking way, that that was really his name. Either it is (and he's telling the truth and deserves as much respect as any other REAL person here), or it is not and he's a trolling liar who shouldn't have any attention paid to his weirdo, cowardly pseudonym.

SO...

''Phil'', if you can PROVE that you're really Phillip Yabelli, you'll not only get a big, fat apology from me but.....wait for it......you'll also get a FREE Y/A kit. Your pick from a Starfire, F-4, A-4, Stingray, or F-18 Single! Just email a notarized scan of your state-issued driver's licence and a utility bill, and the jet is yours! Oh, and don't give me any ''I don't like any of those kits'' because you can sell it for cash on here.

So, there it is. You've been challenged to identify yourself multiple times and now you have an incentive.
    +1!!
    Frank
    JetCentral Cheetah (x3)!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: weazel1

the only thing i can say bad about yellow aircraft is there site does not show price list i would love to get one of there planes but with out a price it is hard or is it just me ? no offence shawn
    You can't be in the right place, as prices are listed on Shaun's site. His website is listed in his profile.

Dan
    Oh great are the days my landings = my take-offs....!
    Merlin 160, Jet Central Falcon, Rabbit 100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ha!

''There once was a little TROLL named Curtis...
    He made a fake name,
    Cuz he's as easy to smell as a turd is!''

SO...

''Phil'', if you can PROVE that you're really Phillip Yabelli, you'll not only get a big, fat apology from me but.....wait for it......you'll also get a FREE Y/A kit. Your pick from a Starfire, F-4, A-4, Stingray, or F-18 Single! Just email a notarized scan of your state-issued driver's licence and a utility bill, and the jet is yours! Oh, and don't give me any ''I don't like any of those kits'' because you can sell it for cash on here.

Phil, seriously, how can you NOT take Shaun up on this? It will 1, clear your name so to speak, and 2 provide you with a quality airframe?!?!

S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh ok thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can I show my driver license and a utility bill? My fleet needs another one...
    Frank
    JetCentral Cheetah (x3)!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll give ya $400.00 for the A-4 shipped there Phil.....

That is who I make the check out to right?[X(]

Casey
    Fliteskin, Sierra, Nelson Hobby, MICKO aircraft, Getstencils, Holman Plans, VicRC, Castle Creations, Addicted to Luft, BestPilots.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Funny...."Phil" (Curtis) is hanging in the warbirds ET LA7 thread....imagine that....

EASYTIGER LA-7 Subscribe • Gallery
    View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as glazier808

Users viewing this topic: glazier808, PhilYabelli
    Search This Thread Subscribe Printable Version

All Forums >> RC Airplanes >> RC Warbirds and Warplanes >> EASYTIGER LA-7
    Page: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 next > >>

Login
    Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
    EASYTIGER LA-7 - 3/24/2013 7:29 PM

(Copied page)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys!

Curtis just called me, literally screaming! He angrily asked if I was going after him in the forums. I said No. He stammered on that a reputable modeler advised him that I was going after him. I said that I was going after Phil. He screamed some more and I hung up. Entertainment at its best!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the cheap chinese stuff for my parkflyers but any plane that I have big time or money in would not be trusted to cheap chinese stuff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yikes!

Got a second call and looney voice-mail from Mr. Curtis tonight! I think I hit a nerve!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yikes!

Got a second call and looney voice-mail from Mr. Curtis tonight! I think I hit a nerve!
    Wow, just wow

LOL

S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast