Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

It time to said good bye.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

It time to said good bye.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default RE: It time to said good bye.

Lucky me though, I often drop by Tam's shop on my way to/from work. So I won't have to miss him so much. Hopefully those who see him regularly can keep us all updated on the latest cool projects he does!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Tam you do this like once a year.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233540

Perhaps you have too much estrogen?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Pete Lane
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its good to unplug for awhile. Since you cant read these notes until you plug back in, or James tells ya............We wish you all of the best with Tamjets, fishing, and your family !.

Best warm regards.

Pete Lane
Old 06-01-2013, 08:04 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am gonna miss you Taminator but remember
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Old 06-01-2013, 08:30 PM
paulhelis

we all are going to miss you tam

you are a great person. i thank god to let me had the oportunity to shake your hand a few times

i will be your lifetime fan

Old 06-01-2013, 08:55 PM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Tam,
Sorry to see you go, but good thing we get to hang out at the Willow occasionally, the evening entertainment wouldn't be the same without you. One of these days I'll learn how to measure my struts correctly!!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 PM
windshear

Tam is good man with great quality product. He just recently came back to RCU after not posting long interval. He got feelings hurt with whining about support and also urination contest over edf stuff here with "ksonn" and usual "yellowaircraft" back and forth. This made him stay away for a long time and it was nice for him to be back here on RCU.
Since his pipes are the best, combined with FEJ be worst, it only make sense that he takes stance that FEJ go down, it effects everyone... Well, him a whole lot because he get so much biz for aftermarket pipe. Forum members not able to read between the lines on this and take it that he not nessecarily support FEJ practices but not want to see you shut them down. Instead everyone give him grief and keep run FEJ into the ground. He tried to explain the biz part the best he could but people kept taking shots at him for being vocal on the subject =his feelings hurt and he goes away. This forum is better with tam here. Maybe he will come back like he usually does, maybe not. Tam product great, stop acting like infants, him and everybody!

Hadji
Old 06-01-2013, 09:05 PM
windshear

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

LoL.
You people are too sensitive. Seen sooooo many people come and go, return, leave again.

No need to close accounts. Just log off for a while. Enjoy life. I myself enjoy the drama from the sidelines, which is like 80% of RCU threads.
You cannot pay for this!!

David

Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm
Have to agree with yeah baby on this... You do your share of drama to threads! Like latest iteration on refund thread:
"Is anyone going to Ky jets to request a refund in person. I would."
Sidelines?

Old 06-02-2013, 02:03 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Feel free to challenge my point on that thread, not on this one.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It´s a pity if for some reason someone feels that he would be better off this place. Specially if he is a person with constructive posts and knowledge.

Why this happens? Because people is people and some of them developed the skill to deeply nag others by just writing some ASCII characters in a screen. LOL

The solution that works for me is always remembering that in RCU there is no truth, but just opinions, mine included. About the people that is too agressive or unpolite, I hope they will develop more their temporal parietal lobe by observing how good people interact ,as they are plenty in this site too.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Tam Nguyen has always been a major source of drama. He was suspended from another board due to his constant spamming, once, and then again for pretending to not understand what "happy ending" means, thinking everybody else is really stupid. He also uses shills extensively, has people post about his products in exchange for a discount. He has, many times, had people post for him when he was pretending to have dissapeared and not participating in the boards anymore.
He had a good thing going with BVM, BVMwas selling the F-18 for him, but he blew it, because he was simply not honest with Bob, and Bob has no tolerance for that.
His fight with Kirk Sonnier was because he gave Kirk a Tamjets fan, expecting him to shill it online, and Kirk refused. So Tam has his crew of shills viciously attack Kirk online,
He has also had massive fights with Yellow Aircraft, EffluxRC, and many others.
He never ever designed a model.
The F-18. F16, and A-4 were designed and developed by JetLegend and Feibao. Not by Tamjets.
He likes to have it both ways, he uses these boards for promotion, and then when someone questions him, he gets all hurt and threatens to leave. Seen this before.
He has burned every bridge he was ever given.
There is an attitude in him that does not seem to be working so well for his business.
An example is, a few weeks ago he started a thread about a customer who was shocked when he was told some jets cost $10000. The guy wanted to spend only $2000. Maybe, instead of calling the customer an idiot online, he could have treated him better and sold him a $2000 jet, instead of running him off.
Online, he's a big hero, but in the real world, he has left a lot of upset people. Not all, but a lot.
So forgive me if Iam not so enchanted by Tam, and not falling for this cry for attention, which is just the latest of many.
To me, it's just another ruse to try to get attention and sell stuff.
I'm sure this will be removed, but Iknow Iam not the only one to feel this way or know this stuff.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Hey Tam, instead of deleting your account how about you just don't visit the site anymore? This way if you do decide to come back you won't have to create a new account again. You can just log in and proceed.

Just a thought bro.

Peace

S
Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Comment1

I my view the real problem here and indeed the problem with RCU is the number of members that use this site for commercial reasons. This causes people to act in quite an unpleasant way to others in my opinion. This applies to some members, the site and the mods as well

Fair well Tam

Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tam - you will be sorely missed here.  You were always a source of knowledge for us but I guess you will still be just a phone call or email away...thx again for all the support.  Best wishes in the future...hope to see you back here soon :-)

Brian & Scott
Old 06-02-2013, 12:17 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet if we all collectively sent Tam a case of Green Bottles with a valentines card he would be back in a second!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only trouble of Quieting anything (No Matter What) Job Marriage Life ... RCU   it's like taking your finger out of a pail of water .... after the ripple disappears, nobody remembers U  were ever here.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

Seem like it's too late to find out how important a person is...
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Gra55h0pper

Tam, no need to "leave". You can always reduce the time spent here. Look at my stats... I joined RCU in 2006 and am up to post 67 already...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 PM
RCSCALEGUY

Tam is a great guy.Very smart as well. He is going to save lots of time, by announcing this if you need support your going to have to call his shop. If your going to ask questions or complain, he will not be waisting his time on forums. Want to ask a question you can pickup the phone, and or use email. By publicly announcing good bye he has done do diligence in informing the FORUM community of his intent. If you need information, ask the source or maker rather than cyber blah!

Smart move Tam, efficiency should increase 20% with this move. You'll have more time for work and your family!!

If I want to talk to you Tam I call, if I want to see you I'll go to a Jet event.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 PM
DavidQ
My Feedback: (12)

Well Tam whatever it is, I respect your decision!
Van, I and Riley enjoyed the visit last Friday night with your family. Will keep in touch...
David Quy
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Scotty
You are one of my truths friend.
They kept pulling me back. FSDF. You drink for that when we get together at BW.

As for Kenny.
You and I only drink to had good time. I would never play poker with you.
You had read my mind 100% correct.
Even I decided to leave here. I still offer the same service to all when you need me.
I'm one of your family and never abandon any of you.
Leaving here is just to save time to deal with 101 direct to my customers direct.
Here is too many trolling moron that is not even belong to jets community and yet had the voice to damage us.

I also thanks to those share they though about me leaving here. I really appreciate that and that opinion is also 100% correct for anyone that stand up and to fights for the right cause.
Sorry to disappoints your though. I'm not that's person. This just a hobby. Sometime I question myself if Am I the guy willing to be taking a bullet for the good cause.
Not a bad idea for dreaming been a hero.

I sorry to correct those think I'm hurt.
Many had know me well. You don't want to be the receiving end if I give you ****.
I just don't want to waste my time to trolling moron.
Yes I'm rude to use the words moron, idiots and cry baby.
But that words need to said to them. Their deserve 1000% ,
Once again.
I leaving this site is for better.
If can made money for every minutes on here. I be talking all day long.
But is not that case. I'm here is contribute my time and that time had to put in my family and myselt for my hobbies.
Please don't made thread turn to one of those thread I would never support. I call well done road kill dead horse you don't want on your dinner plate.
I'm still here.
Just different 101 service or Tamjets ViP members.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Tam you have such a great product your work speaks for itself so you will always be busy. You don't need to post here for business anyway you will always be busy because you do great work. We will all loose a ton of great info without you here so the trolls hurt all of us.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Tam repeat after me.....I"ll be back!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
w9jcm
My Feedback: (2)

I will say I was posting some on the rcgroups.com deal and wow.. Seems to be a meeting place for un educated Chinese plane buying people. I had to leave I just could not understand some of the philosophy of these people. Anyhow glad RCU is still going strong and sad to see Tam go.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

I know how hard for a business owner to manage their time but we love to connect to fellow guys specially when there’s a chance to contribute or share thoughts of common interest. I also love to see other accomplishment and make it my inspiration. Everyone have their own work that needs to be done. I like to post whenever I have an opportunity as our hobby is very much related to the course I took with. Even to those which is general to us like "turbine" it's commonly used in electric power plant but when someone steps in hard though it bothers it’s time to check how worth the time is, then later finds that this is the least thing for me to worry about. Mostly it's a product of misunderstanding or not their intention to hurt. I respect your decision and you are welcome to come back anytime you want even to those who are experiencing the same. Thanks also for the best pipe I heard here so I have something to look forward. Don't forget that there are still lots of great guys here, even those guys who just watch and listen then mostly see outside or at the field.

Sometimes in our life challenges are the reason for our own self to achieve its full potential...

John