Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Remembering D-Day

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Remembering D-Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remembering D-Day

I didnt hear or see anything on the news today of the anniversary of D-Day, but I did read this a little while ago and thought I should pass it on:

Quote:
"On this day 69 years ago our Fathers, Grandfathers, Uncles & Great Uncles invaded a beach on the the shores of a foreign country.
Many died for the democracy & liberty of billions of people.
God bless em all."

Thanks to ALL the Veterans past and present!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Remembering D-Day

+1
Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

9000 Allied forces Killed or wounded on that day. My grandfather was lucky enough to survive his wounds that day. Went to England to recover, rejoined his unit, 22nd Infantry, in Belgium. But he was KIA in Germany 12-2-44. Age 21.

My mom never met him. Some day I would like to go to Belgium to see his grave site.

I am sure there are thousands of people that have that type of story.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 AM
GrayUK

Terrible sacrifice by thousands of young men from England, USA and all allied countries.
We should never forget what those men and countries did for all of us in the free world...
The least we can do is remain friends and respect each other to pay tribute to their bravery and sacrifice..
May your God bless them all.

PG
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Five years ago I spent 2 days at Normandy and visited Omaha Beach, Gold Beach, Pointe du Hoc, and the cemetary at Omaha Beach. I came away with the opinion that every American who can should make that visit, it gives you a new appreciation of what the troops did there.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
mtnflyer14

We owe the WWII veterans a great debt of gratitude. My uncle voluntarily gave up his farm deferment, was immediately inducted and after training went to Germany. He was shot in the spinal cord and survived, but has been a paraplegic since he was 21; he is now 88 and I have never heard him complain once about his decision to give up his deferment or his injury. And yes, I can't imagine the emotions of visiting the beach landing areas and cemeteries in Europe.
Regards,
Gus
Old 06-07-2013, 02:04 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We all owe A Lot to All the veterans WW 2,Korea,ColdWar,Vietnam ,and all the Other Wars .
Semper Fi
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)

Take any opportunity you get to talk with a WW2 vet. These men sacrificed so much for their country and sadly they are leaving us in staggering numbers.
How often has an older gentleman come up to you at an event or at your field and said "I flew that!". I stop what I'm doing and become all ears.

As Uncljoe mentioned, we owe so much to the generations who serve now and have served.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: gregg f

Take any opportunity you get to talk with a WW2 vet. These men sacrificed so much for their country and sadly they are leaving us in staggering numbers.
How often has an older gentleman come up to you at an event or at your field and said ''I flew that!''. I stop what I'm doing and become all ears.

As Uncljoe mentioned, we owe so much to the generations who serve now and have served.
+1!
And I get choked up sometimes talking with them!
We have a few guys in our club who were either pilots or engineers and its like history comes alive speaking with them, they did it!

Thank you gentlemen
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Merv

Some that fight our wars that are not killed or wonded but still suffer for the rest of their lives by what they had to do and see.

Ck out this link and look close at the pain in this mans face at the end of his story.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/video/v/...ast-track-news

This man was my friend and I am now trying to do something in his honor. Ck out this link if you want to hear that story.

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local...d#.UbTbmPKBWSq

They call people from that time the greatest generation and I don't dispute it one bit.

Merv