Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Model from West ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Model from West ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
xxq111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model from West ?

Sorry for my bad English.
This is perhaps too political for some?
Why do we buy no more modeler from the West?
Yes, the price might be slightly higher.
There are many ARF models from China that we need to modify, at what cost? What I want is to build a model from the West.
What can I choose?
Bte reaction 54, Valkyr from Fighteraces, JETCO and Sting from PAF, Super Reaper from Mick Reeevs, BZ-Modellbau Macchini, Skyjet from TKuhulmann and Jetmach from, LDS.
What I need is a jet trainer for Merlin VT 80
More suggestions?

Regards
Sejenssen
Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Model from West ?

The Reaction 54 kit or composite ARF version would be great. I did my jet certification with a kit version and its an extremely easy plane to fly and train with if you have some RC plane experience. Buy a good used one on here maybe?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

I have a Reaction kit which was my trainer. I've been flying it for the past six + years with a P-60 and just recently swapped it out for Jet Central Rabbit which made it a lot more fun to fly. The VT-80 would be great in that or the composite version if you don't want to build a kit.

Marty
Old 06-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Try www.bvmjets.com
Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Turbine power: Yes, these are good kits/arfs made in the West... for North America, as listed above - The Reaction 54 and also the Ziroli Turbinator are designed and sourced in the West down to the Balsa and Ply that is grown in the "southwest" (South/Central America) And of course, "BVM" being probably the best line of ARF's available anywhere in my opinion, and are not made in the East (yes there was one or two that were and might still be, I don't know... but most are made in Florida). For smaller turbine, there is and has for a long time always been "Jet Hangar Hobbies" - I don't know this as fact but jet folklore has it that the one or two items they have / had that were designed by Jet Hangar Hobbies and then manufactured in the East were ripped off and immediately made into cheap copy commodity plastic jet airframes available everywhere so they don't work much with eastern factories anymore.

As far as EU nations, Grumania is designed and as far as I know still made in Germany. I know there are others, I'm sure more will come to light.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
jetster81

Like Sejenssen I have often wondered why there are so few innovative plane manufacturers in the US. When I was doing ICDF most of the best stuff came out of the states and these days to me it seems that we on this side of the pond have a better choice of homegrown kits to choose from especially from Germany and I prefer to support European business if I can so am happy about that.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:51 AM
jetster81

I hav aJetco xl and it is a good plane but you have to build it and there are lots of extra things to buy to complete but it still works out good value for money in my view. I also like the Christian Diffision Warrior 22 cool plane!.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the Finest T 33 Out is the one from JET MODEL PRODUCTS Made close to the center of the USA...
Might be high dollar but Everything(hardware). Is in the box(actually 2boxes) and it requires NO engineering or rework.
just build .paint,& Enjoy
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try the Sting from Paf.....there is one for sale cheap here:
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...3%B6r-ungebaut

also seems to fly awesome:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vR3rYkokzc[/youtube]