Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Theft!! Please help!

Jet buds,

My good friend Alan D'elena (3Dhelinut) had his truck stolen last night from in front of his house in Rahway,NJ last night. It had his 18MZ,Bobcat wings,and Ultra Flash wings in it. The vehicle was recovered this morning in Elizabeth NJ. Unfortunately all his jet stuff was gone. Those of you near the area,please stay alert to any of these items popping up,and if you could,please mention it to the local hobby shops in the area. I have a pic of the Bobcat,and Alan will chime in later with Flash pic,and Tx serial #. He is recovering the truck right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Erik

I can't upload the pic right now. I'll try again soon.
    Farviewflyers.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Theft!! Please help!

A couple of pictures of the Bobcat..

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us55009.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	1895525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42273.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	1895526  
    Hi Dad, Doing anything? Want to go to the field?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's sucks!!!!
    I will notify the Hobby shop in NJ that we deal with.. They are only about 45 min away from there.
    Pete H
    A Happy Jet Central Falcon & Rhino Owner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you!!

Farviewflyers.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check local dumpsters where the truck was found
    rchobbyshop.com
    \"best little hobby house in texas\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

contact futaba and give the serial no. of the radio,

Also ama has a $1000 theft protection

lastly, you always file a claim with home owners as it was stolen from the house.
    \"Hi,You are 100% correct but are also 100% wrong... \"
    - rcflip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I leave in elizabeth nj and i will be keeping my eyes open, also shampion hobby in route 22 in hillside nj just 10 minute from my house call them and let them know also about the stolen items
    Kingtech 140G 180G 2 JETCAT P-140RX P-180RX P-120-P-80
    FEJ F-15 E twin / FEJ F86/ skygate hawk / comp arf eurosp

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

lastly, you always file a claim with home owners as it was stolen from the house.
    Your homeowner's normally covers this even away from your house as well. Your auto policy normally does not cover contents. Your Homeowner's policy usually has a coverage limit for personal items away from your residence.
    What size tank do you have in that thing?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear that Alan. I'll put the word out too. Hope you get the stuff back.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: why_fly_high

Your homeowner's normally covers this even away from your house as well. Your auto policy normally does not cover contents. Your Homeowner's policy usually has a coverage limit for personal items away from your residence.
    USAA Auto does, FYI!
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alan,
    Really sorry to hear this. Make sure to constantly check craiglist for the tristate and Pa area every day for a while and of course ebay. Just watched a youtube video last night where this guy had his 2500.00 bicycle stolen in Portland and found it on Cragslist in Seattle and set the thief up and got his bike back. Sometimes I feel like an idiot at the Jet Rallies when I lock up my 18MZ when going to lunch or bringing it back to the hotel room at night but growing up in Brooklyn, I learned some expensive lessons. I hope you can get some resolution.

Marty
    Marty

BOialsos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mario,

We were hoping you would step up,as you are the closest jet bro to the recovery location. Thank you.

Marty,

Alan and I both grew up in Bensonhurst,and more than a few tried to steal my lunch money. He escaped to NJ,and I'm further out in PA. We certainly all soften around the place we call home,and don't expect to have to have our guard up when we're in our own homes.

Upside,I spoke to Bob Violett earlier,and he assured me he would do all in his power,to help Alan recover. Class act,as always.

Erik

Farviewflyers.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will pass the word at FBF and EWR airport we have a lot of RC guys working at the airport
    vinny
    C-ARF Eurofighter/ C-ARF Flash/TBM DV8R/Avonds f-15 Jetcat titan/p120/p70

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Vinny!

Farviewflyers.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Erik R

Mario,

We were hoping you would step up,as you are the closest jet bro to the recovery location. Thank you.

Marty,

Alan and I both grew up in Bensonhurst,and more than a few tried to steal my lunch money. He escaped to NJ,and I'm further out in PA. We certainly all soften around the place we call home,and don't expect to have to have our guard up when we're in our own homes.

Upside,I spoke to Bob Violett earlier,and he assured me he would do all in his power,to help Alan recover. Class act,as always.

Erik

Erik,
    I understand what you are saying and I didn't mean to imply anything about Alan leaving his stuff in his truck. Like I said I've had so many issues(all of them while living in Brooklyn, Midwood area) that I think I've hardened up even living in rural Va. for the last ten years. I took my 12 year old to Costco today and while walking through the electronics section where they had some video surveillance systems on dispaly he asks me "do you think we're the only ones in our subdivision who have video cameras outside our house?" I just laughed and told him "probably". Everybody has their own sense of what makes them feel secure in their home and when out and about. It's a horrible feeling when that security is violated. I hope Alan can recover his property.

Marty
    Marty

BOialsos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is a sweet plane. Sorry about you loss. Eyes open here in ohio for ya!

Chad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thieves suck. I hope your buddy gets his stuff back undamaged - especially the jet.
    Work is what I do for the love of it. A job is how I pay for it.
    Please visit AirfieldModels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thieves do suck. That's a beautiful jet, hope he get's it back.
    Eddie P - NOT sponsored - I pay the bills of hobby manufacturers with my purchases - Free to evaluate products honestly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That just plain Sucks!! Hope you catch that S.O.B. I never leave my 18 MZ in the truck no matter where I am. It's the first thing I take out. Not only the Hobby shops but go to all the local fields and clubs and let them know to keep an eye out, GoodLuck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You hear about all these people doing their own detective work and tracking down their stolen items... One day it is going to end very badly for these amateurs. You are dealing with a known felon (Auto Theft) and you don't know to what extent they will go to escape or attack you. They know where you live. They stole the truck from there. Just let the cops do their job and take the insurance settlement.

I find it interesting that they stole the wings. The wings don't really have value to anyone without the fuselage. Just write it off.

18MZ is fairly unique... so if you buy it hot, it may just cost you a "receiving stolen property" conviction. Serial #s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jet buds,

My good friend Alan D'elena (3Dhelinut) had his truck stolen last night from in front of his house in Rahway,NJ last night. It had his 18MZ,Bobcat wings,and Ultra Flash wings in it. The vehicle was recovered this morning in Elizabeth NJ. Unfortunately all his jet stuff was gone. Those of you near the area,please stay alert to any of these items popping up,and if you could,please mention it to the local hobby shops in the area. I have a pic of the Bobcat,and Alan will chime in later with Flash pic,and Tx serial #. He is recovering the truck right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Erik

Be sure to tell your friend to call Patty at BVM to get a replacement price for the BobCat ARF wings. Ph. 407-327-6333 Be sure to add the price of the servos and paint job as well.
    The homeowners insurance claim will need these prices in order to get the replacements.
    Harley Condra
    BVM REP, Skymaster REP, JetCat REP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ill post on my face book page, I have lots of RC friend there. Hope the stuff is found. Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: why_fly_high

How or if your insurance will cover this tragic loss depends on the type of coverage(s) you have, your insurance company(s), and the state you live in. I would contact your insurance agent and explain what has happened before you file a claim. Being an insurance agent, I have seen this type of loss before and I have had both good and bad outcomes based on the coverage the person carried.
    Indy Park Flyer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Three weeks ago, my newly purchased comp-arf corsair was stolen along with the moving truck it was in. This was in the LA area. Norwalk CA. It was half completed, with moki 250 and every scale accessory available. I paid $16K for it. Never got to touch it. I do not have the time or skill to get a new plane to the point it was at. Very easy to identify, it was half painted as well. here is a link to pics.

http://radumodels.com/compositearfcorsair/

I think thieves should lose their hands. Very difficult to be a repeat offender.

OP, your homeowners should cover your loss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Harley,

Thanks for the response. Alan already spoke to Patty,and Bob is being helpful. I have to say,the support from the jet community has been heartwarming. Overall,a great group of guys!!

UPDATE!!!

As I was typing this,Alan just called me and said the thieves stole the truck again last night,from the repair center he had it in,to get the locks changed!! Unbelievable! The word is they have electronic devices now that can gain entry,disable steering locks,and start your vehicle and drive away. It is a late model Trailblazer SS. Onstar located it the first time,but they have likely disabled it now.

Unfortunately,the rc stuff is collateral damage,and the real tragedy is,the wings are probably in a dumpster somewhere right now. Just wow!!

ORIGINAL: Harley Condra

Jet buds,

Erik

Be sure to tell your friend to call Patty at BVM to get a replacement price for the BobCat ARF wings. Ph. 407-327-6333 Be sure to add the price of the servos and paint job as well.
    The homeowners insurance claim will need these prices in order to get the replacements.
    Farviewflyers.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast