Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ In US Jet Event 2013

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ In US Jet Event 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He does speak for me and all the pilots I know and also other US based manufacturers and well known jet accessory company owners. Everyone except the cool aid drinkers know they are dangerous.

Hinshaw, with all due respect, I don't know what deal you have with these guys but if you haven't noticed, u are the only one on the thread that drank the coolaid. Now being that your always complaining about not having a job and having to pay bills, I would imagine that you out of all of us would understand the issue with having a jet that lasts and that you could trust. Unless your getting free aircraft from them or happen to be an aeronautic engineer specializing in aerodynamics, tone it down. You don't have the background to back up your unwavering almost lunatic support for these people that of the roles were reversed, they would chew you up and spit you out. Financially.

My my interest is not this irresponsible company, it's keeping out hobby safe. I will contribute by designing some logos to put on our aircraft to bring awareness to FEJ's problems in form of a sticker when I have time. I will put them on my aircraft at all local shows and major events.

Get it right FEJ, because it only takes a few unified voices to ruin a company.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

You have to remember that ALL RC aircraft, land, water, whatever is dangerous to operate at any time!! Everyone is counting on YOU, the operator of this vehicle no matter what it is to do it in a safe manner that YOU can control it OR do what ever it takes to keep it under control! It's that simple for everything RC. They ALL have the potential to kill, hurt, burn, or whatever...... that is why spectators are hoping for.... Its ALL, EVERYONE, that they are counting on... It makes NO MATTER what type it is.....
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
chopper52

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Johnny
We the people of the US dont want you faulty Jets here,They are dangerous, period...I uderstand you sell alot to Russia thats just fine,they can have them,We the people of the US dont want them here,,,And Im sure that Russia's goverment would not stand for this type of buisness in there part of the world....Remember this
YOU NEED TO SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!! Only speak for yourself when making commits like this!! You have NO right saying that "WE THE PEOPLE OF THE US."

And yes all Jet manufactures like SkyMaster,Global Jets,TamJets,and the list goe's on had there problems too,,,But all of these companys Listend to there customers and they all corrected the problems Fast,,,,You dont and or your company does'nt care about customer service,and we all have seen it,,And dont forget the lies and or stories you and your company tell people.to put them off.....I cant believe your doors are not shut down,this so called company has had problems for years,Junk landing gear,and many other things,on,an on an on anon an on...Just like a merygoround,never stops....
By the way,are you going to pass out Helmets and Flak Jackets at (BITW) to the spectators,I think it would be a good idea......
Shame on you!!! You do NOT SPEAK for ME!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SkunkWerkz;11634046]He does speak for me and all the pilots I know and also other US based manufacturers and well known jet accessory company owners. Everyone except the cool aid drinkers know they are dangerous.

Hinshaw, with all due respect, I don't know what deal you have with these guys but if you haven't noticed, u are the only one on the thread that drank the coolaid. Now being that your always complaining about not having a job and having to pay bills, I would imagine that you out of all of us would understand the issue with having a jet that lasts and that you could trust. Unless your getting free aircraft from them or happen to be an aeronautic engineer specializing in aerodynamics, tone it down. You don't have the background to back up your unwavering almost lunatic support for these people that of the roles were reversed, they would chew you up and spit you out. Financially.

My my interest is not this irresponsible company, it's keeping out hobby safe. I will contribute by designing some logos to put on our aircraft to bring awareness to FEJ's problems in form of a sticker when I have time. I will put them on my aircraft at all local shows and major events.

Get it right FEJ, because it only takes a few unified voices to ruin a company.[

Last edited by chopper52; 10-08-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
chopper52

+1 on that statement!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Regarding the claim of 300 Hawks, has anyone really thought about this? That's over $1M in sales for just one model. I happen to think that the number is exaggerated by a factor of 10. Think about it....every un-crashed (and even some crashed) model that has ever been built and taken out for pictures is on their web site. We'd be seeing a lot more Hawks on there. No big surprise, though, given the level of honesty and integrity I've seen so far.

Speaking of dishonesty, I don't even believe it's an FEJ Vampire in those videos. Reason? It seems to have the gear and doors successfully retract--then deploy--completely....IN THE SAME FLIGHT. Dead giveaway.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:50 AM
gjhinshaw

I don't get anything from them for free... I have paid for my jets just as others. I have NOT had one come apart in the air. Sorry, I do not like cool-aid. Have you noticed that there are others on here that have not had issues either??? What do you say about/to them?? Are they as you say " Cool-aid drinkers too?" Yes, he may speak for you and others, but he does not speak for me as I am a US citizen and have fought for that right!! There is NO winning this battle that most of you are calling up. All it does is cause hatred, finger pointing, bashing, and so on to many people that are just trying to enjoy the hobby. If the sticker is what you want than go for it. Everything that I have said has been the truth in all my replies as I have seen or encountered them. So you see where I am on this, and I have said, "YES" I do know they have issues with SOME of there planes, but not all. So, saying this I know I will be bashed, beat up on, talked about, and so on...... But as long as I have said the truth and NOT lied to you or anyone else..... I can sleep at night....... And have fun flying my FEJ.

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
He does speak for me and all the pilots I know and also other US based manufacturers and well known jet accessory company owners. Everyone except the cool aid drinkers know they are dangerous.

Get it right FEJ, because it only takes a few unified voices to ruin a company.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Good luck with it!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 10-08-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Tarasdad

You have to remember that ALL RC aircraft, land, water, whatever is dangerous to operate at any time!! Everyone is counting on YOU, the operator of this vehicle no matter what it is to do it in a safe manner that YOU can control it OR do what ever it takes to keep it under control! It's that simple for everything RC. They ALL have the potential to kill, hurt, burn, or whatever...... that is why spectators are hoping for.... Its ALL, EVERYONE, that they are counting on... It makes NO MATTER what type it is.....
When I build a model from a box-o-sticks it is my responsibility, as the builder, to ensure that everything is built properly and that the aircraft is airworthy. When I assemble an ARF I have to rely on the manufacturer to build the parts correctly before they ever get to me to assemble. If a wing panel or control surface wasn't made right to begin with I'll only find out when it fails, hopefully when the aircraft isn't in a position to cause injury or damage to others. That happened to a member of my club with an ARF 3D model when badly done glue joints in the wing failed and the plane crashed, thankfully in the open desert scrub where we fly. Such a failure is 100% the responsibility of the manufacturer, not the pilot - so long as the model is being flown within designed performance parameters, I will give you that. Yet when a model is flown within those parameters and still suffers structural failure of a part built in the manufacturer's factory then it is the responsibility of that manufacturer to find the problem and fix it, not accuse owners of everything but stealing the kitchen sink...yet.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
chopper52

I don't get anything from them for free... I have paid for my jets just as others. I have NOT had one come apart in the air. Sorry, I do not like cool-aid. Have you noticed that there are others on here that have not had issues either??? What do you say about/to them?? Are they as you say " Cool-aid drinkers too?" Yes, he may speak for you and others, but he does not speak for me as I am a US citizen and have fought for that right!! There is NO winning this battle that most of you are calling up. All it does is cause hatred, finger pointing, bashing, and so on to many people that are just trying to enjoy the hobby. If the sticker is what you want than go for it. Everything that I have said has been the truth in all my replies as I have seen or encountered them. So you see where I am on this, and I have said, "YES" I do know they have issues with SOME of there planes, but not all. So, saying this I know I will be bashed, beat up on, talked about, and so on...... But as long as I have said the truth and NOT lied to you or anyone else..... I can sleep at night....... And have fun flying my FEJ.

I sleep Just fine at night,,,I dont get it,You my friend are walking high on a fence,,One minute YOUR BASHINGTHEM,,,,,,,the next time your Praising Them.........Do you even know what planet your on??????
Old 10-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Shaun Evans

I don't get anything from them for free... I have paid for my jets just as others.
Gerry,

What exactly ARE you getting from them that's got you surrendering any semblance of sense and sanity? You come on here with the most amazing arguments (Iike, '...well they ALL don't explode, right?') and constantly defend what seems indefensible at best. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I really just want to know. What do you get for this pretty monumental effort at sticking up for the bad guy? I've been a factory/field rep for my company for many years. I take calls, post answers and try to help customers with the product. If ever an issue comes up online, I'll speak up for the team. For that, I get a small commission on what I sell and a substantial discount on product. I'm never asked or expected to lie or 'tow the line' even when the facts are against us (as is the case with FEJ). Even if I were expected to, I'd never give a customer (or potential customer) anything less than my best and most accurate information. What do you get for what you're doing for them?? You defend their indefensible practices more than the owners do! You're doing all of this for nothing??
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
BobbyMcGee

With all the fej jets breaking up during flight, Im surprised that they are allowed at BITW this year.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Well, if organizers knew better at that event, they would make sure they take the necessary precautions.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:34 PM
gjhinshaw

I am just a pilot that, I guess has been lucky in not getting a FEJ that has problems. I have nothing to loss or gain by what I say. I am just saying that the FEJets I have, have not blown apart. I am NOT on both sides... Well maybe I am...... Yes, I know there are issues with "SOME" of the models, But NOT all of them.... Can you guys understand what I just said???? There ARE issues with SOME of the jets, But not ALL of them.... I do not see what is so wrong in saying this.....
As you said,
" I'd never give a customer (or potential customer) anything less than my best and most accurate information." Well sir, I am the same way!! If that jet plane has a issue, I will not lie to you!! I will tell you all the issues that "I" know of..... It is up to you than to buy or not. I do not get ANYTHING from them!!!!! Just want to make CLEAR that NOT ALL of the FEJets have issues.... Is that really that hard to understand??? You all come on here and spew out your mouth that all of them are bad... Which is a LIE.....
I am sure by now that all the CD's including myself are aware of the planes with issues and are taking precautions to prevent any misfortune at there event.

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Gerry,

What exactly ARE you getting from them that's got you surrendering any semblance of sense and sanity? You come on here with the most amazing arguments (Iike, '...well they ALL don't explode, right?') and constantly defend what seems indefensible at best. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I really just want to know. What do you get for this pretty monumental effort at sticking up for the bad guy? I've been a factory/field rep for my company for many years. I take calls, post answers and try to help customers with the product. If ever an issue comes up online, I'll speak up for the team. For that, I get a small commission on what I sell and a substantial discount on product. I'm never asked or expected to lie or 'tow the line' even when the facts are against us (as is the case with FEJ). Even if I were expected to, I'd never give a customer (or potential customer) anything less than my best and most accurate information. What do you get for what you're doing for them?? You defend their indefensible practices more than the owners do! You're doing all of this for nothing??

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 10-08-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one cares whether all FEJ planes have issues. That was never the point. The issue is FEJ isn't doing squat about the planes that do have issues.

Why is that SO HARD for YOUUUUU to UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? "I" think you should catch a clue............

Last edited by dubd; 10-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
No one cares whether all FEJ planes have issues. That was never the point. The issue is FEJ isn't doing squat about the planes that do have issues.

Why is that SO HARD for YOUUUUU to UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? "I" think you should catch a clue............
+1
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

I am just a pilot that, I guess has been lucky in not getting a FEJ that has problems. I have nothing to loss or gain by what I say. I am just saying that the FEJets I have, have not blown apart. I am NOT on both sides... Well maybe I am...... Yes, I know there are issues with "SOME" of the models, But NOT all of them.... Can you guys understand what I just said???? There ARE issues with SOME of the jets, But not ALL of them.... I do not see what is so wrong in saying this.....
As you said,
" I'd never give a customer (or potential customer) anything less than my best and most accurate information." Well sir, I am the same way!! If that jet plane has a issue, I will not lie to you!! I will tell you all the issues that "I" know of..... It is up to you than to buy or not. I do not get ANYTHING from them!!!!! Just want to make CLEAR that NOT ALL of the FEJets have issues.... Is that really that hard to understand??? You all come on here and spew out your mouth that all of them are bad... Which is a LIE.....
I am sure by now that all the CD's including myself are aware of the planes with issues and are taking precautions to prevent any misfortune at there event.

Another sign of the Apocalypse: Gerry, in this matter you and I agree. All of FEJ jets are not defective.

The large Hawks have been proven, IMO, that the stab design/structure is fatally flawed and not airworthy. The large HC jets with flying stabs such as the F-14, & F-18 are extremely suspect, due to multiple proven failures due to flutter. The main problem is that FEJ management has chosen a course of action that puts them at complete odds with the very customers they want to do business with. They have consistently rejected the assistance of some of the most respected modelers in our community, out of hand, offered in a positive and constructive manner. (Oli Nicholas, Ali Machinchy & others) So when they complain that they won't succumb to negative pressure, they are being disingenuous at best, and outright full of sh1t at worst! Too many people have attempted to take the high road in dealing with them, only to be thrown into the mud, under a bus eventually! (Figuratively speaking)

Their own actions & lack of actions, have broken the TRUST that needs to exist between company and customer, and they are now seeing the results. Nobody, who's been paying attention, trusts anything they say or build anymore! Which is a true shame, because some of their jets perform quite well and they all look great. The problem is that it's a rigged crap shoot to hope you get one of the good ones! And if you're unlucky enough to get one of the crap ones, well, abandon all hope ye who pass thru those gates, customer service is less than zero! What they are now beginning to experience is the pent up anger and frustration of a community that is tired of their *****, and not going to take it anymore!

Anywhere along the way, FEJ could have managed and corrected these issues. Now I am beginning to believe that it is completely out of their hands anymore to correct. Too much damage has been done, due to their own attitudes!

The great thing about capital markets is they are eventually self corrective. Companies that build and sell crap products eventually go out of business, unfortunately not always as fast as we would hope and, certainly not before too many people lose their investment.

Several months ago I stated that, as a Turbine CD, I personally would ground any FEJ HC large jet, especially the Hawk, at my event, that I did not believe was safely airworthy. That decision is on me. I've seen enough evidence to cause me to take that position. That being said, BITW Jet Rally begins in about a week. I am not the CD of that event. Joe Castalao is. I have complete confidence in whatever decision Joe makes in this matter and will support him 100%. I would hope that any and all pilots attending will do the same! This is his event, and he has put an EXTREME amount of work and effort, as well as expense, into making it a success and enjoyable for the pilots! Let's show him our appreciation by not besmirching this event with any unnecessarily disrespectful actions regarding FEJ's attendance!

I, for one will leave this topic on the internet next week. It's my vacation and I want to enjoy it! Please do not approach me wanting to expound negatively regarding FEJ, you won't like my response!

Come on out, fly your jets and let's have FUN!

David S

Last edited by David Searles; 10-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Dave!!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

Right on David.

Hopefully all will follow your advise and just enjoy BITW.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:13 PM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Hi,

Regarding the claim of 300 Hawks, has anyone really thought about this? That's over $1M in sales for just one model. I happen to think that the number is exaggerated by a factor of 10.
I don't see how 5-6 people (as depicted on FEJ website's "About Us" section) could get 300 jets done in a two year time frame. Perhaps that's the reason people never get delivery of an order.

http://www.flyeaglejet.com/en/Aboutus.html
Quote from website. "Our company own a large number of professional team with over tens years affluent experience on model designing and making. "

So they "own" a professional team? I don't see how anyone can take them seriously by just glancing over their website anyway, let alone send them thousands of dollars.

I've been working with Chinese companies in Shenzhen for well over ten years importing paper. I have dealt with many companies over there. A company that has any integrity at all in China has a person that speaks and writes English at least on a high school level. If they don't, I move on.

And just look at that large number of professional affluent team, Wow!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
spyder62

I don't own a jet but reading all this gives me the shakes. FEJ ownership sounds a lot like a Chinese Engineer at a Company I used to work for. He knew it all and don't tell him otherwise he even went as far as telling plans review engineers they were nuts and hang up on them when they questioned his designs. Not a way to run a company
rich
Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

Regarding the claim of 300 Hawks, has anyone really thought about this? That's over $1M in sales for just one model. I happen to think that the number is exaggerated by a factor of 10. Think about it....every un-crashed (and even some crashed) model that has ever been built and taken out for pictures is on their web site. We'd be seeing a lot more Hawks on there. No big surprise, though, given the level of honesty and integrity I've seen so far.

Speaking of dishonesty, I don't even believe it's an FEJ Vampire in those videos. Reason? It seems to have the gear and doors successfully retract--then deploy--completely....IN THE SAME FLIGHT. Dead giveaway.
300 Hawks, huh?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by Airplanes400; 10-11-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:13 PM
shlitz

Originally Posted by Tarasdad
When I build a model from a box-o-sticks it is my responsibility, as the builder, to ensure that everything is built properly and that the aircraft is airworthy. When I assemble an ARF I have to rely on the manufacturer to build the parts correctly before they ever get to me to assemble. If a wing panel or control surface wasn't made right to begin with I'll only find out when it fails, hopefully when the aircraft isn't in a position to cause injury or damage to others. That happened to a member of my club with an ARF 3D model when badly done glue joints in the wing failed and the plane crashed, thankfully in the open desert scrub where we fly. Such a failure is 100% the responsibility of the manufacturer, not the pilot - so long as the model is being flown within designed performance parameters, I will give you that. Yet when a model is flown within those parameters and still suffers structural failure of a part built in the manufacturer's factory then it is the responsibility of that manufacturer to find the problem and fix it, not accuse owners of everything but stealing the kitchen sink...yet.
I agree with this 1000 % I also wanted to add that Johnny Wong knew there were issues with the hawks why didn't he email everyone and let them know.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
gjhinshaw

You have to know that in China it is mandatory to take 3 years of English???? Right.....

Originally Posted by redbiscuits
I don't see how 5-6 people (as depicted on FEJ website's "About Us" section) could get 300 jets done in a two year time frame. Perhaps that's the reason people never get delivery of an order.

http://www.flyeaglejet.com/en/Aboutus.html
Quote from website. "Our company own a large number of professional team with over tens years affluent experience on model designing and making. "

So they "own" a professional team? I don't see how anyone can take them seriously by just glancing over their website anyway, let alone send them thousands of dollars.

I've been working with Chinese companies in Shenzhen for well over ten years importing paper. I have dealt with many companies over there. A company that has any integrity at all in China has a person that speaks and writes English at least on a high school level. If they don't, I move on.

And just look at that large number of professional affluent team, Wow!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

You have to know that in China it is mandatory to take 3 years of English???? Right.....
Trust me when I tell you that this does *not* mean that they have a universal, working knowledge of the English language. The English skill level of our Chinese Ph.D. students when they start out here varies from almost perfect to almost unintelligible.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.