Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ Announcement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Announcement

I am sorry, but I know for a FACT that FEJ has NEVER told someone they would have there jet in 30 days!!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After the great number of FEJ customers who have had serious structural problems with their jets, poor or even no customer service & response to issues, I would not purchase anything from them.
Most of the jet community should now know & be well informed about the problems.
If in future, despite the warnings, people continue to buy FEJ jets & then start threads complaining about them, they should simply be told, you should not have been so stupid.
It is not as if this is a recent problem, it has been ongoing for years.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:14 AM
PhillGreen

Also remember however that as more people leave Rcu fewer people will be aware of the Fej problems also new jet modellers are not always aware.
Fej simply need to step up and look after their customers
Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Falcon 64

You can say what you want, bud the rigidity and stiffness is the best there is.
My model is perfectly buildt.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:29 AM
FEJKEN

delete
Old 07-14-2013, 04:20 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ken,
Great job on the F-14! It was great to see you and spend some time with you and James. Safe travels home. See you next year.

Rex
Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once again, another slow flight demo of a jet from FEJ. No loops, no dives, no high-speed passes, and the jet didn't even get up to 100 mph!
All I saw was slow flight, climbing turns, gentle turns, and two gentle rolls!
Damn, I fly my Piper Cub and Cessna 172 harder than that.

Fly it like a jet, not a trainer! The let's see if it holds up!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 AM
FEJKEN

airplane 400, 

my  model, I can fly with my way. It is not your businese. you do not like it, you stay way this thread.

Rex: It was nice to meet you again. I wish see you again soon.

Ken

Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: FEJKEN

airplane 400,

my model, I can fly with my way. It is not your businese. you do not like it, you stay way this thread.

Ken

But you are a "factory pilot". When I was a sponsored heli pilot, I got the sponsorship because I beat the hell out of the machines and made them look good, aren't you supposed to test the airframes for the company?

I don't get it.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Ken- the f-14 looks great.  A very nice and smooth landing.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

airplane 400,

my model, I can fly with my way. It is not your businese. you do not like it, you stay way this thread.

Ken

I just point out the obvious. Don't fly your jet like a trainer airplane. Fly a jet like it IS a jet ... Let's see if it holds up to a REAL flight test, and the way a jet is supposed to fly ... fast. With loops and high-speed passes that test (and show) the strength of the structure.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 PM
gjhinshaw

Great job Ken!!  I think the others are jealous that they can't fly scale!  Fly it scale, not like you are out of control all the time like other pilots. You do your own thing!! Not ALL jets fly like there out of control, some are smooth and graceful.  Anyway ken, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
cbooth1979
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

Once again, another slow flight demo of a jet from FEJ. No loops, no dives, no high-speed passes, and the jet didn't even get up to 100 mph!

Havent you been one of the FEJ bashers that has been soooo concerned with safety and people getting hurt with one of these models? You just posted two statements saying to "Fly faster!" and "Fly it like a jet!" Im just a nobody from Maine and I know Ill get bashed for saying this but I couldnt resist. I do not own a FEJ btw.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbooth1979

Havent you been one of the FEJ bashers that has been soooo concerned with safety and people getting hurt with one of these models? You just posted two statements saying to ''Fly faster!'' and ''Fly it like a jet!'' Im just a nobody from Maine and I know Ill get bashed for saying this but I couldnt resist. I do not own a FEJ btw.

+1

Keep it real. Keep it consistent. Keep it fair.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
David2004

If you do a little bit of research you will see that Airplanes400 does not have a turbine waiver.

David

Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Area51.5

***? Seriously lol
ORIGINAL: David2004

If you do a little bit of research you will see that Airplanes400 does not have a turbine waiver.

David

Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 AM
HORNET FLYER
My Feedback: (6)

If they flew the f14 in top gun like in the video i just watch, id fall asleep!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Plane Insane
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

But you are a "factory pilot". When I was a sponsored heli pilot, I got the sponsorship because I beat the hell out of the machines and made them look good, aren't you supposed to test the airframes for the company?

I don't get it.
+1 ++ Exactly..

And a damn fine heli pilot you were / are.. Missed watching you fly on the heli scene..

David

Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought the same thing about the flight. Very gentle and not pushed at all. I don't have any problem with the plane being flown in a scale manner but if that is the way the plane was designed to fly then the ads and info for the plane need to be clearly stated that the plane is intended only to fly like that. I think a lot of people, like me, that shop Vipers are looking for a scale looking sport jet and will want something that can be wrung out. We see videos of other manufacturers with there planes being flown hard and an assumption may be made that that is the way vipers can be flown. Whether the plane is a Viper, F14, or Hawk. If they are intended to be pretty circle flyers then it should be stated clearly.

Dan (no turbine waiver but hopefully soon)
Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 AM
gjhinshaw

LOL...ROF.... He is still probably flying TRAINERS..... LOLROF!
ORIGINAL: David2004

David

Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

airplane 400,

Ken

But you are a ''factory pilot''. When I was a sponsored heli pilot, I got the sponsorship because I beat the hell out of the machines and made them look good, aren't you supposed to test the airframes for the company?

I don't get it.
+1
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

I fly all my jets that way, like a "trainer". When my f14 is ready to fly, i will fly it they way i want to fly it. Some may say i fly it like a trainer, but i fly my jet they way i fly my jet smooth and nice.

Thats the great thing about this hobby. I fly my jets they way i want to and others can fly there jet the way they want to.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM
gjhinshaw

+1 Flying SCALE is the Best I think... And practice SCALE landings AND Take-offs!! That's what I like to see!! Anyone can hot-dog, BUT a true pilot can take-off, fly around, and land doing it ALL SCALE!!!
ORIGINAL: Wap4life

I fly all my jets that way, like a "trainer". When my f14 is ready to fly, i will fly it they way i want to fly it. Some may say i fly it like a trainer, but i fly my jet they way i fly my jet smooth and nice.

Thats the great thing about this hobby. I fly my jets they way i want to and others can fly there jet the way they want to.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

+1 Flying SCALE is the Best I think... And practice SCALE landings AND Take-offs!! That's what I like to see!! Anyone can hot-dog, BUT a true pilot can take-off, fly around, and land doing it ALL SCALE!!!
ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Ever seen the Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Snowbirds, Red Arrows, etc? Flying a jet "scale" doesn't mean cruising around a flat race track oval at at snail's pace. Never saw the F-14 even perform a simple turnaround maneuver ie. 1/2 Cuban or 1/2 reverse Cuban. It never left the "racetrack"

Mike

Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
rexman

I lost my Hawk about 6 months ago due to horizontal stab flutter which led to complete failure of the stab and ultimately total destruction of my airplane. This was all caught on video and later investigation revealed major faults in the internal structure of the horizontal stab. I brought my findings to FEJ and made suggestions and later on asked for a follow up as to how they have corrected the problem and I got no response on that. It was later agreed that they would replace the Hawk and again I asked for details as to how they fixed the problem with no response to my question. After making further enquiries about when to expect the airplane, I got an email from FEJ stating that the airplane would be shipped on the 17th of May. About 2 weeks later, I still did not get the airplane and sent another email making an enquiry. They replied saying that airplane is in final stage of production. Today is the 16th of July and I will not make any further enquiries about the airplane.

Rex, I completely understand what you are saying, but when FEJ does stuff like this to not only one person, but many people, I can certainly also understand why exactly this happens. People are angry and tired of being lied to. I am very surprised that FEJ is loosing another Hawk to stab failure. It means that they are not listening to us and shows how much they care. We spend lots of money on not only the airframe but everything else that goes into it, so we depend highly on the airframe manufacturer to not only deliver our jets but we want most importantly a safe airframe. I lost well over 10 gran in that crash and I was very extremely lucky to not have been injured as the jet crashed just meters away from me.

FEJ has big potential, but they need slow down, start listening and taking positive action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.