Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 AM
CrashingXpert
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Got a txt from a buddy who is there, the big FEJ Hawk was being flown by Ali when the tail fluttered, parts blew off and down she came. He was not pushing the aircraft hard.

somone needs to post the video, what did FEJ say? Man seriously the are screwed...

Where is the video?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Area51.5

Default RE: Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Why would you need to see the crash video? This isn't NASCAR .
Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost 200 pilots, proably three times as many amazing airplanes, and hundreds of impressive flights over a week, and you want to see a crash?? []. You are in the wrong hobby.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Crashes happen all too often in the rc hobby. Videos can show exactly what happened and therefore prevent future crashes along with post crash inspection of the aircraft.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Area51.5

Already another thread with info and the issue was addressed.
ORIGINAL: MustangAce

Crashes happen all too often in the rc hobby. Videos can show exactly what happened and therefore prevent future crashes along with post crash inspection of the aircraft.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

+1
ORIGINAL: smchale

Almost 200 pilots, proably three times as many amazing airplanes, and hundreds of impressive flights over a week, and you want to see a crash?? []. You are in the wrong hobby.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
FEJKEN

this is my Hawk, not your model. I crash a model, but you still use this case to hurt me. A human won't do like what you have done. I think you are not able to be a human. Anyone who will keep doing this and try to hurt me, I will talk to my attorney for a lawsuit.

Ken

Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Dig it

ORIGINAL: FEJKEN

this is my Hawk, not your model. I crash a model, but you still use this case to hurt me. A human won't do like what you have done. I think you are not able to be a human. Anyone who will keep doing this and try to hurt me, I will talk to my attorney for a lawsuit.

Ken

Really, a lawsuit. Grow up
Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

this is my Hawk, not your model. I crash a model, but you still use this case to hurt me. A human won't do like what you have done. I think you are not able to be a human. Anyone who will keep doing this and try to hurt me, I will talk to my attorney for a lawsuit.

Ken

Ken, I feel your pain buddy. But I don't think you should take these comments personally. It is a valid point that valuable information can be gained by observing causes of aircraft failures. A benifit to all who participate in this amazing hobby.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM
GhostRider 1

I'm sure RC Ken will post pictures shortly and maybe the video??? He was quick to post pictures of the crashed Mibo A-10 that had a single engine take off and crash, He posted pictures of the Tacano the had a turbine fire, so I'm sure he will post his pictues of the FEJ Hawk as it is the right thing to do!!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 AM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: GhostRider 1

I'm sure RC Ken will post pictures shortly and maybe the video??? He was quick to post pictures of the crashed Mibo A-10 that had a single engine take off and crash, He posted pictures of the Tacano the had a turbine fire, so I'm sure he will post his pictues of the FEJ Hawk as it is the right thing to do!!
Not only it'd be the rigth thing to do, it is important to show evidence of failure to help FEJ, their customers and the community.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

Not only it'd be the rigth thing to do, it is important to show evidence of failure to help FEJ, their customers and the community.

From what i read in various forums - FEJ aint in the good books anyway
Old 07-14-2013, 11:11 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I caught the hole thing on video and I saw first hand the clean break on the carbon elevator spare.  Like it was stated above this was already brought up in the other thread. 
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Unfortunately I don't have the video or pictures of this plane. I had my camera pointed the other direction when this happened. I looked at the Hawk just in time to see the failure and the crash, but didnt' get a camera on it. I do know there is good video footage of the crash because I saw it at the field that day, and have viewed the video. Sorry that I don't have the footage of this one guys.

Ken

Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM
David2004

"Hole thing" "elevator spare"?

What grade are you in son?

David

ORIGINAL: Fenderbea�

I caught the hole thing on video and I saw first hand the clean break on the carbon elevator spare. Like it was stated above this was already brought up in the other thread.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: David2004

David

I caught the hole thing on video and I saw first hand the clean break on the carbon elevator spare. Like it was stated above this was already brought up in the other thread.
The thing had a hole in it, that's why it broke apart and now needs a spare elevator, what's wrong with his statement?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:58 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: David2004

David

The thing had a hole in it, that's why it broke apart and now needs a spare elevator, what's wrong with his statement?

Wait, let me rephrase:

He saw a hole in the thing on his video and saw first hand that the much needed spare carbon elevators broke apart cleanly.

So, this means, unlike the notorious fluttering original FEJelevators, this spare carbon one broke away cleanly. sorry couldn't resist!

Come on, a video worth thousand words, post it and let it speak for itself, so people could learn from it.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Unfortunately I don't have the video or pictures of this plane. I had my camera pointed the other direction when this happened. I looked at the Hawk just in time to see the failure and the crash, but didnt' get a camera on it. I do know there is good video footage of the crash because I saw it at the field that day, and have viewed the video. Sorry that I don't have the footage of this one guys.

Ken

The SWAT video guys have the full video of the flight in HD. I saw the whole flight. Horizontal stab fluttered out of a medium speed straight and level heading, both stabs departed from the jet. No amount of structure in between the elevators will prevent this kind of flutter. All it will do is transfer the damage to another part of the jet until failure. The flutter needs to be addressed before they even consider trying to put any type of "steel" as one person said on the H-Stab. This was relayed to FEJ by an Aerospace Engineer on sight. FEJ choose to ignore the root cause of the problem which is what has gotten them in these problems in the first place.

On another note the h-stabs were traced out on a piece of mylar foam padding and the pivot point was marked. As I understand it, this info will be calculated to see if the stabs fell within AMA guidlines.

Andy
Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ken

Talk about hurting people and humanity! What about selling knowlingly faulty $6,000.00+ jets to customers, time and time again? Then blaming your customer for elevator flutter which leads to a crash that becomes a total loss of $10,000 to $20,000! To quote you, "A human won't do like what you have done."

Your customers should be suing you. You have no ground to sue anyone.

Finally, you are a victim of your own engineering. How does it feel? Now, multiply that by as many customers who have lost their $10,000 to $20,000 jets because of this.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Andy,

Wht AMA guidelines are you talking about?

DR
Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Airplanes400

Based on proven aerodynamic principals and engineering, the AMA specifies the percentage range of distance from the root in which the pivot point needs to fall within to help avoid flutter.

All jet manufacturing companies (especially FEJ) should understand that flutter is not acceptable. They should engineer and build their jets to eliminate any possibility of flutter under normal flight loads, and for the speed the jet is capable of.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: smchale

Yes, we want to see the crash and find out what caused it.

Ever think of telling the NTSB that there are thousands of non-eventful commercial airline flights every day, so why should they focus on the 777 flight that crashed the other day? They are watching every recorded video of that crash. Is that a problem?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 AM
gunradd

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Andy,

Wht AMA guidelines are you talking about?

DR

David its in the rules for Large Model Aircraft.

From what I was told they had a hole drilled through the piece of carbon rod.... Everyone knows if you drill a hole through Carbon rod you just weakened it to the point its useless. They should have used steel for this application. Makes you wounder how many other basic building rules they don't understand.

Funny how the had a second one for auction at the event. It just proves they sell unproven airframes to victims. But hey you guys keep buying them.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:26 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ken

Anyone needs a lawyer?
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:01 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I guess I should pay better attention when sending things from my phone, but it seems you guys will never change. Its pointless to post anything here you guys have it all figured out and know everything right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.