Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Nick Hudson
My Feedback: (138)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you boys are hard! I looked at this from a non jet prospective but with over 30 years of building and flying, I have read a few pointing fingers threads and a few of the comments. I have a couple of things I would like to bring out and a few questions without pointing fingers at anyone. Ok we all know we all look for a deal when it comes to flying and we all fall in love with the look of a plane and sometimes the plane isn't what it's cracked (forgive the pun) up to what it's supposed to be weather it's the brand or just a flaw in one jet and yes we point fingers at everyone but ourselves on a crash. Poor guy just lost what 6 grand? Hard to take and if he continues to fly it will probably happen again. Can't afford it? Hard to say but it might no be the hobby we need. I won't fly jet's because I can't afford it and if I was to fly one and invest my right @#$% I think I would go to Belton Mo and talk to the man who makes them. ( no disrespect but another flyer wouldn't be good enough until I needed to learn to fly them) Why would anyone want a lawyer involved in a jet rally crash (unless we want shut down)
It's a ARF and it has limits just like any other plane, my question is simple, was it the plane, connection, weak hinge, servo and anything else? I have seen flutter at 5 mph and so have you if you have been in this for a while and it happens. I love a radio hit or something similar only to go over to the plane and fin a screw missing from a servo arm or forgot to tighten a fitting.
Lighten up guys and keep em in the air and remember when a engine size on the box is recommended you might want to stay at the size it supposed to have and keep em flying