Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

18mz programming-help needed on dual rates

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

18mz programming-help needed on dual rates

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:57 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 18mz programming-help needed on dual rates

Hi all,
I've just defected from jr to Futaba ( yes Dave, for the second time)

I used Flight modes on jr with trims set to each flight mode. So if there was elevator needed with flap, I just put some on.
No need to mess with elevator-flap compensation.
Secondly on JR, your dual rates were not linked to flight modes- there were three rates available, and they were there at a flick of a switch whenever you wanted them.

With the 18mz, I've set aileron, elevator and rudder trim to single, and set three conditions selected by the flap switch.
This gives me individual trim settings for land flap, takeoff flap and clean.
So far so good.
Now I could setup my dual rates on each condition, but that means duplicating lots of effort. ( I ultimately plan to have six conditions for gear up/down and each flap position)
I could set up my rates on condition 1, then create condition 2 and 3 etc and the rates do get copied across.
However if I decide to alter the dual rates later after I've flown, I DO then need to go into each condition and alter the rates for each condition..

Altering condition 1 rates does not then propagate across to the others AFTER the initial creation of the conditions.

Has anyone else managed to set up dual rates which are isolated from the condition selection?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Area51.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 18mz programming-help needed on dual rates

Does it give u a group function?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:54 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The group function is available for the AFR.

So for example my ATV could be 100%
I could then have my AFR at 90% and have this as grp or single.

My D/R could be set to 100 % ( of my 90% AFR) and the second dual rate old could be 50% travel, (of the aforementioned 90 % AFR)

The problem is the AFR can be set as grp or single, but the D/R menu doesn't offer a Grp setting. If it did, my problems would be over.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If I remember right, In the AFR menue you will see either COMB on SEPARTE in a box, depending on how it is set at the time. This box is on the right side of the AFR screen. Top Box. You want to be in COMB. this may help you.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Area51.5

Thats it, its the same way with the throttle/pitch curves
ORIGINAL: rc4flying

If I remember right, In the AFR menue you will see either COMB on SEPARTE in a box, depending on how it is set at the time. This box is on the right side of the AFR screen. Top Box. You want to be in COMB. this may help you.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: rc4flying

I have reread your question, and then I tried to work it out on the radio, and I stand to correct myself, I too have not got it to work across conditions. I now leave for night shift so unable to keep working your problem. Sorry I was unable to help
Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM
stevekott

I found the easiest way to do the dual rates with flight conditions is to .. DELETE .. the flight conditions first. They are really simple to add later.

Now set up your dual rates.

Then add your Flight Conditions .. The Dual rates you set up will Copy to each flight condition when you set them up.

Otherwise you are stuck with setting them for each condition AFTER the fact .. a real pain.

Good Luck!

Steve