Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

I have a*new in the box Jetcat Titan that's never seen fuel.* I was going to install it in my Hunter until I called Jetcat and asked what the turn around time was to get my ECU updated to use A123 batteries.* I was told it would take several weeks.* Really?* For a software upgrade?

I called Barry and purchased a K140G.* I think it's time to put the Titan up for sale.

Kirk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: k_sonn

I have a*new in the box Jetcat Titan that's never seen fuel.* I was going to install it in my Hunter until I called Jetcat and asked what the turn around time was to get my ECU updated to use A123 batteries.* I was told it would take several weeks.* Really?* For a software upgrade?

I called Barry and purchased a K140G.* I think it's time to put the Titan up for sale.

Kirk

Yeah, this is really too bad with JetCat service. Great engines and other than lag time, great service as well.

And Andy, I like my shark mouth!
    RAVjets Demo Team. All We Do Is Fly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Kirk,

No excuse offered but if the ECU is old enough the A123 mod is not just software, they have to add a power board maybe they are out who knows?

EDIT maybe you already know your is SW only, sorry I don't know not trying to be presumptuous.

Regards,
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No worries Matt.  I was told it was a software upgrade and that there is a large backlog of work.

Kirk

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
    My third arrived today.
    Sean McHale - Malvern, PA
    "Strive for simplicity. You never have to repair what you leave out." - Bill Lear
    Kingtech Turbines - www.kingtechturbines.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: smchale

My third arrived today.
    I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.

Kirk

My third arrived today.
    I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.

Kirk

Kirk thats how they do it
    Always get you a tracking number and it ships right away. You dont have to beg for warranty parts or be grounded for weeks on end. I could not be any happier with kingtech.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last 7 years i sent 5 mails to jetcat-usa, they never answer none!!!! But, all my doubts were answered by Jetcat-de and jetcat-brazil, well, hope John Redman make an great customer support as Barry, Eric and Ron.

Jose

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a BAD ASS shot of my F4 at KY Jets with a Kingtech K-170. I love it!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16924.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	1902163  
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Andy, good looking wings!
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a K140F in PST reaction 3.8l tank still got a litre after 7 minute flight mostly WOT. Love it. Also a 170G in Eurosport a bit hungrier for fuel and love it as well. Both run Diesel and DTE light Oil.

Never in a Jetcat diesel or dte light. Have 140RX kero and tubine oil.

Six month wait for Jetcat delivery. Less than 2 weeks for Kingtech.

Next turbine purchase Kingtech.
    Kingtech 170G PST Reaction,, Pink Panther Kingtech 170G PST Reaction, Kingtech 210G Jolly Roger Eurosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oops!!!!!! In time, Matt help me 3 times on Rcu. I forgot to say!!!!
    He always support jetcat guys!!!

Jose

Talking about support when my Jetcentral engine sized at FL jets I thought I was done. Then Barry walked over to me with a brand new in the box K180 and said here run it for the week and give it back so your not grounded. So they got me back in the air when an engine from a different manufacture failed in my plane. So at the end I gave it back and gave them a huge thank you. I then saved my pennies and Barry worked out a deal for me on the K170. Never been so happy!

Also my flameout issues went away with the new turbine. Went through top gun several trips to the local field and 44 flights at Kentucky and not a single flame out.

Thats what I call service!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gunradd

My third arrived today.

Kirk

Always get you a tracking number and it ships right away. You dont have to beg for warranty parts or be grounded for weeks on end. I could not be any happier with kingtech.
    Of course you don't have to wait and beg for warranty parts. That 170 just runs like a CHAMP ! Why would you need warranty parts ???? But in all honesty after seeing first hand Barry and Dirk help take care of Curts small issue I was sold on their customer service here in the USA. I went from 0 kingtechs to 3 in the course of a year. Im sure a 180 will be in my future

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My third arrived today.

Kirk

Thanks Kris. I'm sure I'll be as happy as you. I spotted for Barry several times last year at Best In The West and was in a tent across from the Kingtech tent. I was very impressed with Barry's mannerism and the way he helped everybody, even a guy flying an EDF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Barry always gets a lot of praise and it is well deserved. I gotta give a shout out to Dirk too. He was EXTREMELY helpful at KY Jets! He offered his time to help not only with the turbines but in the pit, spotting, or anything.

Thanks Dirk. I am glad I got to meet you. You're awesome bud.
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kingtech is one of the sponsors for Team USA for the Jet World Masters this summer in Switzerland. I am looking forward to flying my F-15 powered by a K-100.

Jason

Kirk,
    You're in good hands with Barry and Dirk! We are lucky to have them supporting this product!
    For a matter of reference, I sent my ECU in last Tuesday (from the east coast) for a software upgrade and Barry got it Thursday (west coast), updated it and sent it back same day (west coast), and I got it today, Saturday (east coast)! It means I'm back flying in less than a week!
    Sean McHale - Malvern, PA
    "Strive for simplicity. You never have to repair what you leave out." - Bill Lear
    Kingtech Turbines - www.kingtechturbines.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've flown jetcat for the last 3 years, and switched to two King Techs this year. I am very please to say the least! I too will be hard pressed to pay the jetcat price when I can get an awesome running King Tech for way less $! Barry has Ben great too!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This post, and, some other posts about turbines show us the real value of great support, i hope these posts show to jetcat what she needs and they enjoy this benchmarking, because, besides an good engine, i need an good support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: josecilurzo

This post, and, some other posts about turbines show us the real value of great support, i hope these posts show to jetcat what she needs and they enjoy this benchmarking, because, besides an good engine, i need an good support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose
    Although I've never had any problems with JetCat, I think you will see a real change at JetCat once John R gets involved. It's good that we have several high quality turbines to choose from. Keeps the competition on their toes and it does nothing but benefit the modelers in the long run.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for all the kind words and praise!!! Barry has worked very hard trying to build KingTech sales to where they are today. I have been doing my best to give you all the fast turn around time in the Service Dept & Tech support. Most importantly, the KingTech factory has been working hard to keep the quality of our turbines to the highest standards as well as introducing new products. We are a growing family of Kingtech owners and are getting bigger every day. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the kind words and looking forward to meeting current & future customers!!

KingTech Service

Dirk Flejter

Andy,

I had a great time assisting you with all your planes at Kentucky Jets and good luck to you and Team USA at the Jet World Masters.
    Smoking Holes are no fun!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with you Andy!!!
    And, we has only jetcat's, amazing engines, and, i hope John join the rcu with us!!!

Jose

Talking about support when my Jetcentral engine sized at FL jets I thought I was done. Then Barry walked over to me with a brand new in the box K180 and said here run it for the week and give it back so your not grounded. So they got me back in the air when an engine from a different manufacture failed in my plane. So at the end I gave it back and gave them a huge thank you. I then saved my pennies and Barry worked out a deal for me on the K170. Never been so happy!

Also my flameout issues went away with the new turbine. Went through top gun several trips to the local field and 44 flights at Kentucky and not a single flame out.

Thats what I call service!!
    Kris, Thank you for your compliment, but I also like to share that Eric had done the same thing for us. When Scott Harris' engine seized (First Gen shaft tunnel), Eric stepped forward and offered him a Cheetah that saved the day. I believe this is the camaraderie that we all cherish.

Raf, glad you enjoy your engine, we're here to back you up 100%.

A big thank you to all of you, for your kind support!

Regards,
    Barry
    www.kingtechturbines.com
    kingtechturbines@gmail.com
    1-626-793-4677
    1-626-399-7588 Barry's cell/text

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Barry,
    Two great guys, and, 2 great engines!!!!!!!!

Hope the others manufacturers learn with you!!!

Jose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123